Windows 10: Getting this error while running a setup for a game

Discus and support Getting this error while running a setup for a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey EveryoneI am getting this error while running a setup to install a game on windows 10 acerI recently installed OSThanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Krishna_Lakhi, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Getting this error while running a setup for a game

Hey EveryoneI am getting this error while running a setup to install a game on windows 10 acerI recently installed OSThanks

:)

Krishna_Lakhi, Jun 7, 2021

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Getting this error while running a setup for a game

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Getting this error while running a setup for a game

1. Getting this error while running a setup for a game - Similar Threads - Getting error while

2. hi i get error 10010 while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi i get error 10010 while gaming: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 1/8/2024 10:21:26 PM Event ID: 10010 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DESKTOP-TMP3KFT\golub Computer: DESKTOP-TMP3KFT Description: The server...
  3. hi i get error 10010 while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hi i get error 10010 while gaming: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 1/8/2024 10:21:26 PM Event ID: 10010 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DESKTOP-TMP3KFT\golub Computer: DESKTOP-TMP3KFT Description: The server...
  4. Blue screen randomly while gaming on a good gaming setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen randomly while gaming on a good gaming setup: This happens on multiple games, I experienced this on R6, CS2, Rocket League and even World of Warcraft, I've tried looking into the event viewer the last time it happened and there are a bunch of errors, feels kinda overwhelming so i need some help lol. The description for...
  5. Blue screen randomly while gaming on a good gaming setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen randomly while gaming on a good gaming setup: This happens on multiple games, I experienced this on R6, CS2, Rocket League and even World of Warcraft, I've tried looking into the event viewer the last time it happened and there are a bunch of errors, feels kinda overwhelming so i need some help lol. The description for...
  6. Blue screen randomly while gaming on a good gaming setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Getting error while running batch file on server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting error while running batch file on server: Error: User Account Control is active on this Machine. Please close the current command window and run the deploy scripts in a new command window by choosing the 'Run as Administrator' option or turn OFF the User Account Control before starting the deployment. For a few...
  8. BSOD while running games

BSOD while running games: Was playing The Forest and BSODed after my computer restarted it BSODed on the login screen did memory test and it came back fine and a complete reinstall of windows and still BSODed after...
  9. install.esd error while setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    install.esd error while setup: I tried to install win10 (64 bit) through booting usb drive which I created it with rufus. After beggining installation, error always appears: 'Windows can't open required file D:\Sources\install.esd. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the...
  10. An error -5001 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup.

An error -5001 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup.: Hi, In the past couple days I am getting this error on startup: An error -5001 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor:...