Windows 10: Getting this everytime I try to download anything on Edge. I disabled smartscreen but it...

Discus and support Getting this everytime I try to download anything on Edge. I disabled smartscreen but it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vigilantix [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vigilantix, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Getting this everytime I try to download anything on Edge. I disabled smartscreen but it...

/u/Vigilantix, Dec 30, 2020

2. Windows Defender SmartScreen won't let me download ANYTHING.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Which browser you are using to download the application?
    2. What is the complete error message appears on your computer screen when you click on download?

We can try and perform few steps and see if it helps.

Step 1: You can refer the Microsoft article related

Windows Defender SmartScreen
    under the section
    how can I download files reported as unsafe by Windows Defender SmartScreen in Internet Explorer 10 or Microsoft Edge.

Step 2: Try to disable SmartScreen.

1. Press Windows + S on your keyboard.
    2. Click on Internet Options.
    3. When the Internet Properties window opens, go to the
      Security tab and click Custom level.
    4. Locate the Miscellaneous section. Now, locate Use
      SmartScreen Filter option
      and set it to disable. Click OK to save changes.
    5. You can disable SmartScreen by going to the
      advanced tab and unchecking the Enable SmartScreen Filter option. After doing that, click
      Apply and OK to save changes.
    6. Restart your computer to effect the settings.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 30, 2020
  3. I cannot disable Windows SmartScreen

When I download a new program (not always, but quite often) a Windows SmartScreen message pops up and tells me SmartScreen can't be reached and asking me if I want to run the program. I choose the option for "run anyway", but I would rather not have it
    appear at all. I've searched the internet for ways to disable it, but when I try the most common way suggested (through Control Panel) I can't find the option to disable it on the list - but it appears when I type it into the search box. Unfortunately, when
    I click on that result it disappears and I'm back to where I was before. How do I disable Windows SmartScreen? My browsers are Google Chrome and FireFox.

Sunflowers159, Dec 30, 2020
  4. VanVanek Win User

Getting this everytime I try to download anything on Edge. I disabled smartscreen but it...

Disable SmartScreen Filter

I tried using Security and Maintenance to disable SmartScreen, also tried the disable option in Networking on Control Panel. Did both of these with Edge, Foxfire, & Chrome. It will not disable! This problem is a recent one in Windows 10. How can I bypass/disable
    SmartScreen Filter?

VanVanek, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Getting this everytime I try to download anything on Edge. I disabled smartscreen but it...

1. Getting this everytime I try to download anything on Edge. I disabled smartscreen but it... - Similar Threads - Getting everytime try

2. Edge freezes when I try to find and upload a anything from Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge freezes when I try to find and upload a anything from Downloads: Microsoft edge freezes when I try to find something under downloads and I cannot get to what I am looking for nor am I able to upload anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-freezes-when-i-try-to-find-and-upload-a/0804c9a7-ccc5-4e36-823e-38a2f9dca3e4
  3. Edge freezes when I try to find and upload a anything from Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge freezes when I try to find and upload a anything from Downloads: Microsoft edge freezes when I try to find something under downloads and I cannot get to what I am looking for nor am I able to upload anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-freezes-when-i-try-to-find-and-upload-a/0804c9a7-ccc5-4e36-823e-38a2f9dca3e4
  4. Help, everytime I try to do anything with cmd, it kinda crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, everytime I try to do anything with cmd, it kinda crashes: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Destroyer0701 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3b5ub/help_everytime_i_try_to_do_anything_with_cmd_it/
  5. Can't download anything on edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download anything on edge: I was trying to download google, firefox, and the new version of edge I was having malware problems, and google wouldn't open, so I tried reinstalling it But all of the download buttons didn't do anything. I tried looking at a different Microsoft community question where...
  6. i get error: 0x800F0900 everytime i try downloading .NET Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i get error: 0x800F0900 everytime i try downloading .NET Framework 3.5: i get error: 0x800F0900 everytime i try downloading .NET Framework 3.5 please help me fix this. I am trying to play a game and it says i have to update/download this and it always says failed....
  7. Anything I try to download gets auto deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anything I try to download gets auto deleted: PLEASE HELP ME ! ive had this problem when i first logged on my pc i have disabled every antivirus program plus windows defender i have no extra plugins on google chrome EVERYTHING is turned off. Whenever i try download literally anything thats not malicious it auto deletes...
  8. How do I disable SmartScreen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable SmartScreen?: How do I disable SmartScreen? Everything I read about this says, Go to the Control Panel. Select "Security and Maintenance" Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" Problem is I don't have a "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" in my "Security and Maintenance"...
  9. Disable/remove Smartscreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable/remove Smartscreen: v1709.16299.125; How do I completely disable Smartscreen? 101097
  10. Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Bypassing SmartScreen Prompts for Sites in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...