Windows 10: Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was having trouble booting into Windows 10 and eventually, the said drive was not being recognized. I am getting this error message in the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike SJ, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Mike SJ Win User

Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working

So I was having trouble booting into Windows 10 and eventually, the said drive was not being recognized. I am getting this error message in the device manager. Is there a fix for this or is the SSD dead? This device cannot start. Code 10 An I/O adapter hardware error has occurred.The BIOS shows that a M.2 is installed but it is not recognized in the M.2 slot in the motherboard or in an external enclosure.

:)

Mike SJ, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working

1. Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Getting message Samsung

2. Windows 11 Installation Samsung SSD 980 NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installation Samsung SSD 980 NVMe: Hi,I have recently bought new PC components but faced weird issue. I am already working on it for 2 days and read most threads online. None of the instructions helped. So I am coming up to you so maybe you could give some hints.The issue: upon installation of Windows 11...
  3. No new device drivers found error when installing Windows 11 on a Samsung 980 M.2 NVME SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No new device drivers found error when installing Windows 11 on a Samsung 980 M.2 NVME SSD.: I recently installed a new Samsung 980 NVME SSD after my old one stopped working. After installing it I'm now trying to install windows on it. But the windows installation wasn't detecting the drive because it apparently had no drivers. So I download the Intel RST VMD drivers...
  4. No new device drivers found error when installing Windows 11 on a Samsung 980 M.2 NVME SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No new device drivers found error when installing Windows 11 on a Samsung 980 M.2 NVME SSD.: I recently installed a new Samsung 980 NVME SSD after my old one stopped working. After installing it I'm now trying to install windows on it. But the windows installation wasn't detecting the drive because it apparently had no drivers. So I download the Intel RST VMD drivers...
  5. Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working: So I was having trouble booting into Windows 10 and eventually, the said drive was not being recognized. I am getting this error message in the device manager. Is there a fix for this or is the SSD dead? This device cannot start. Code 10 An I/O adapter hardware error has...
  6. Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this message for a Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe that suddenly stopped working: So I was having trouble booting into Windows 10 and eventually, the said drive was not being recognized. I am getting this error message in the device manager. Is there a fix for this or is the SSD dead? This device cannot start. Code 10 An I/O adapter hardware error has...
  7. Getting Windows on NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Windows on NVMe M.2: Need some help installing Windows on my new Samsung980 NVMe M.2 SSD please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-on-nvme-m2/6852c9fd-ceff-4b66-b317-3f3f7a03f1b8
  8. Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?: Hello Everyone, I recently bought a new laptop with the Samsung PM981a SSD NVME M.2. I feel that the drive isn't fast, especially for this SSD and I don't see Samsung NVME driver in my Device Manager. I read online that the Samsung NVME driver is necessary to boost the...
  9. Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive: I'm looking for advice about upgrading my NVMe drive on my desktop PC. My Windows 10 desktop PC uses a 250Gb Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 as the boot (C:) drive. I recently bought a Samsung 500Gb EVO Plus NVMe M.2 to upgrade it. What's the best way to do this? Or must I replace the...
  10. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs: Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order. Here are the prices for us here: [img]