Windows 10: Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe...

Discus and support Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LocksmithVisible [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LocksmithVisible, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe...

/u/LocksmithVisible, Sep 13, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Sep 13, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe...

Access to MSC snap-ins blocked after latest Win10 64-bit update

Hi,

One of the possible reason why this error occurs is due to a corrupted system files that happened during the update.
    We suggest that you run SFC scan to check and repair them. Follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

If the issue persist, you can run
    DISM tool
    and see if it helps. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type:

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

• Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Restart
      PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe...

1. Getting this popup every five minutes since the latest update, ran DISM.exe... - Similar Threads - Getting popup every

2. In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?: hi, i was checking Temp folder for unwanted junk, i have found a folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp , which has random folders ' nsxxxxx.tmp' created everyminute and having shangri.exe file in all, I tried to open it but it gives me error, is it virus or potentially...
  3. In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?: hi, i was checking Temp folder for unwanted junk, i have found a folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp , which has random folders ' nsxxxxx.tmp' created everyminute and having shangri.exe file in all, I tried to open it but it gives me error, is it virus or potentially...
  4. "Please wait..." popup appearing every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Please wait..." popup appearing every few minutes: Hello, The "Please wait..." popup shown below has started showing up every few minutes on my PC. It only lasts about one second before disappearing again, and appears in front of my windows. It is extremely annoying and I cannot determine what is causing it. Is this...
  5. Computer BSOD every five minutes

Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  6. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or surfing then this freeze happens, the pc receives what I am typing but postponing the letters to show/ the clicking to happen...
  7. exe file latest update

exe file latest update: how to back up my data please help me then i want to install exe file but always connected to microsoft play store how i can fix this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-latest-update/fd1b254a-4d80-4077-9c1c-5c8074ac6241
  8. since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors

in Windows 10 Support
    since latest update 1803 getting devicecensus errors: Since I updated to 1803 i have been getting devicecensus.exe errors in the reliability and problem history. Have no idea where this is coming from though some people suggest that it is linked to anti-virus programs. I am running Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (paid...
  9. Getting BSoD at five past every hour

Getting BSoD at five past every hour: I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 (64 bit) desktop computer. At 5 past every hour, without fail, it gets BSoD. Doesn't matter how long the computer has already been on for, and it doesn't matter what I'm doing on the computer. If it's 10:05, 2:05, 3:05, or whatever,...
  10. Screen position wrong for popups/modals/alerts since latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen position wrong for popups/modals/alerts since latest update: Hi I have a really weird (and annoying!) issue that has cropped up since the latest update. I'm on the latest Win10, with a 3 screen setup. For some reason the popups/modals/alerts have started showing up on the screen where the actual program is not! Here are some...