Windows 10: Getting tired of update bugs now...

Discus and support Getting tired of update bugs now... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a Win user since about 1990. Just more than a year ago I bought a Win phone (Lumia) as well. I drank the cool aid of integration.... but I am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hond26, Sep 18, 2016.

1. hond26 Win User

Getting tired of update bugs now...

I am a Win user since about 1990. Just more than a year ago I bought a Win phone (Lumia) as well. I drank the cool aid of integration.... but I am now soooo tired of this BS.
    1. On the PC. Win 10 and anniversary edition. Like it. Then got seduced into joining insider fast lane (why not? see the new stuff...).
    One thing about this o/s that has been irritating me like crazy for a year now was the seeming inability to have a "sleep"setting that actually works. Then, after installing the anniversary edition I finally solved it....
    Settings/Update and security/For developers/Remote desktop/change settings to allow remote connections - then in "remote" tell the system not to allow remote connections. I mean... talk about hiding away an IMPORTANT setting....
    But it worked! Till this morning. No sleep anymore. Only on and HD working like crazy or switch off.
    Then I thought - let me go back to when it worked. So I went back to a previous update. Still not working - but now: I cannot go back to any other installation because I have updated 10 days ago - so the system tells me.
    And I got a message that on 1 Oct the o/s will start rebooting every hour....
    Meanwhile it seems something is downloading all the time. Since I cannot know what is working the HD, I guess I must accept it MAY be a new update? As opposed to some dork has hacked and is playing with my system.
    All I am left with is - let it continue and if in an hour or so it still goes on and I still cannot sleep the PC, I must reinstall the third party backup that I - thank God - made a month ago.
    And then switch OFF THE INSIDER RUBBISH cause MS does not take the trouble of telling me - the totally free tester of their sheet - what the hell is going with download and update and stuff.

Mobile phone: This is a disaster of big proportions. Maybe on the level of one day looking back and saying "that is where MS's plans all went down the Nokia tube..."
    Win 10 on the mobile, well, with every update it seems some bug of the past is reinvented.
    A few things - I cannot do phone banking anymore as the banks lost interest in Win 10. I have now installed the banking app on my old Android phone to use from there.
    The ONLY browser that is allowed privileges on Win 10 Mobile - "Over the Edge" - is a piece of trash.
    When I try to read a news site the further down I scroll, the bigger the type gets till it ends up with a word or two on the screen. (Opera does not do this, it handles the type and the mobile format VERY well.)
    I cannot cut or copy a paragraph of text anymore. Only the whole text or nothing.
    It cannot share links with Facebook.
    When I open a site it keeps jumping back to previous sites long since closed.
    The back button has become slow and semi responsive at times.
    And then the important thing - I CANNOT download and install any good browser except Opera!
    Fitbit. Sigh.... I bought a Fitbit. It used to work on this Win 10 phone. Then as updates came and went, it stopped working. Then it worked again. Now it is at times working. Once again - I now use my old Android phone or the PC for Fitbit updating.
    Then the Store. Your store is a joke. Period. It started out in embarrassment and then went downhill.
    I am looking at Android phones at the moment for the next update. The main reason - I want to be able to do phone banking without having to pore over an unresponsive and up to sheet browser on a small phone screen.
    The one time I did do banking on the phone by logging on to the bank website with Edge a few days later - to my shock - I noticed that Edge automatically saved all my banking passwords! Ready for any thief of the the phone to use at his pleasure! And with that would have gone any bank protection as well because the bank informs me of the opening of new accounts etc ..... by sending a text to the PHONE!!!!
    I shall never try to do phone banking via your browser again. Which leaves me...... unable to do phone banking with a Win 10 phone. It cannot be done (on Opera the connection with the bank does not happen).
    Are you really unable to write an operating system for a mobile phone????

:)

hond26, Sep 18, 2016

2. Getting tired of this BS

ok, down to the facts. I now have two machines that are basically bricks now.

This one can not upgrade because everything Microsoft won't connect, hasn't been updated since October last year!! Can't turn the damn proxy off, and please had enough idiots keep saying turn it off because it WON'T TURN OFF DAMN IT!!!

Now my Windows Tablet won't connect period. Since it isn't on 24/7 it might miss an update, well evidently it did a major update this afternoon and now the wireless is off, keeps telling me that the device won't start! This is a tablet so there is no CD,
    there is no wired connection. It starts but that is all it will do.

Since nobody here, nobody at Microsoft can not do anything then best I an do is download a pirate copy and see if that will fix the problems. Seems like if something doesn't work or breaks something else when updated then the user has to do something on
    his own or maybe see about a class action if the provider can't provide a decent service.

Let me download updates, download something to fix the WiFi on the tablet. I can load the WiFi fix on a USB flash drive to fix it. Updates should be available to download for those who do not have a full time connection or like in my case where I can not
    connect to Windows update.

I'm tired, fed up, and mad.

YarsRevenge, Sep 18, 2016
  3. hzwgn Win User
    Getting tired of forced updates.

I have my desktop computer running Windows 10 and really enjoy the overall experience HOWEVER, I am getting sick and tired of Windows Update pushing through updates without notification and causing total loss of control of my Keyboard and Mouse whilst doing
    so. I want to control when updates are downloaded and installed like I did in Windows XP, Vista and Win 7.

Give me back control and I will continue to use Windows 10 if you can't give me back control I will roll back to Win 7 and never use Windows 10 again.

hzwgn, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

Getting tired of update bugs now...

1. Getting tired of update bugs now... - Similar Threads - Getting tired update

2. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  3. Getting so tired of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting so tired of windows: I'm pissed. I've declined windows 11 several times. I just turned on my computer and it upgraded to windows 11 anyways. Without my permission. Your article says, "not a big deal." Well, to me it is a big deal. Plus you know darn well that most of these updates are Microsoft...
  4. Tired of this ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of this ****: I have used Windows 1 and wasn't surprised that Windows 10/11 is a steaming turd of a OS. I need to disable the primary/master password I mistakenly enabled. But, no matter how i ask I never get the answer. It is the password I now have to enter everytime I want to use a...
  5. Tired of this ****

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tired of this ****: I have used Windows 1 and wasn't surprised that Windows 10/11 is a steaming turd of a OS. I need to disable the primary/master password I mistakenly enabled. But, no matter how i ask I never get the answer. It is the password I now have to enter everytime I want to use a...
  6. Sick & Tired of W-10 UPDATES!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sick & Tired of W-10 UPDATES!: I've used Windows since the mid-1990s, and overall have l liked it . However, over the past year or so automatic updates have repeatedly screwed up my computer. In several cases , after waiting minutes for a W-10 auto update to install, a "Failed to Install" message appears...
  7. Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard get "tired" after a while: I'm seeing this strange problem with my USB wireless mouse and keyboard. They'll be working fine for a while, then they start to get "tired." The cursor will start dragging and jerking around the screen when I move the mouse. The keyboard will start to lose keystrokes, so...
  8. Tired of Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tired of Windows 10 updates: I am tired of Windows 10 updates. I cannot reinstall Windows 10 every week and lose all the data I have. I don't know what will happen the next time I start my PC. I am tired!...
  9. Getting Intelligence update for windows defender Antivirus every day now, is this a bug or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting Intelligence update for windows defender Antivirus every day now, is this a bug or...: Every day when i check for updates, there's alway windows defender update with new version. submitted by /u/kenji_2322 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggr78v/getting_intelligence_update_for_windows_defender/
  10. Tired of updates that break things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tired of updates that break things: I know I am not the only one with issues surrounding windows 10 updates. I am venting my frustrations here -- hoping that whoever at Microsoft will listen to ONE more voice. I came to my office today -- after a windows 10 update to the latest platform and now I have lost...