Windows 10: Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC

Discus and support Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am the owner of this PC, I am the only account on it, and yet I'm not the trusted installer.It's quite annoying that there's files on here that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Codrineye, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Codrineye Win User

Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC

I am the owner of this PC, I am the only account on it, and yet I'm not the trusted installer.It's quite annoying that there's files on here that I can't access without removing all other permissions besides me, and I'd hope that there's somebody that can help me gain full permissions

:)

Codrineye, Aug 19, 2022

2. Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC

1. Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC - Similar Threads - Getting Trusted Installer

2. Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC: I am the owner of this PC, I am the only account on it, and yet I'm not the trusted installer.It's quite annoying that there's files on here that I can't access without removing all other permissions besides me, and I'd hope that there's somebody that can help me gain full...
  3. Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Trusted Installer on my personal PC: I am the owner of this PC, I am the only account on it, and yet I'm not the trusted installer.It's quite annoying that there's files on here that I can't access without removing all other permissions besides me, and I'd hope that there's somebody that can help me gain full...
  4. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated: I am not seeing this covered, unless I am using the wrong key words.Since my personal vault has 2FA, and uses my fingerprint, how can a trusted person such as my wife get into my account if I am incapacitated or deceased? Thanks. Mike K....
  5. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated: I am not seeing this covered, unless I am using the wrong key words.Since my personal vault has 2FA, and uses my fingerprint, how can a trusted person such as my wife get into my account if I am incapacitated or deceased? Thanks. Mike K....
  6. Having a trusted person who can get into my personal vault if incapacitated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll: need to replace audiosrv.dll on winserver 2019I am running server 2019 because window 10 would not install on my dual processor asus server board I know win10 is supposed to handle two of them but two weeks of multiple attempts vs one try to get server going---had a BSOD dpc...
  8. getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll: need to replace audiosrv.dll on winserver 2019I am running server 2019 because window 10 would not install on my dual processor asus server board I know win10 is supposed to handle two of them but two weeks of multiple attempts vs one try to get server going---had a BSOD dpc...
  9. getting trusted installer to install a new audiosrv.dll

10. Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Installer: Have successfully updated all iterations for W10 up to the present 10166. When first started after this install the computer froze when trying to open Edge and also on a couple of other Apps. I did a scannow and a dism, both showing faults, and of course reported it....