Windows 10: Getting various camera errors and camera isn't working- Surface Pro

Discus and support Getting various camera errors and camera isn't working- Surface Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My camera stopped working abruptly and I've tried various things to address it, most recently a reset of Windows. That did nothing. However, it did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zpowpow, May 4, 2021.

1. Zpowpow Win User

Getting various camera errors and camera isn't working- Surface Pro

My camera stopped working abruptly and I've tried various things to address it, most recently a reset of Windows. That did nothing. However, it did change the error message. Now it's 0xA00F4244<nocamerasareattached>. Before it was something else that I neglected to write down. Any help would be appreciated.I've also tried updating the drivers pre and post the reset and it says the most updated drivers are already installed.

:)

Zpowpow, May 4, 2021

2. Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

Unintuitively, the icon in the upper left that looks like it's meant to switch between your front and back camera will also cycle through your other attached cameras. At least, this worked for me on a Surface Pro 4 (front and rear camera) with a USB Microsoft LifeCam attached. The Camera application's version is listed as 2018.227.30.1000.

Shawn Mulligan, May 4, 2021
  3. dallasjim Win User
    Surface Pro 4 camera not working after latest Microsft update

Performed most of the above steps with the same outcome. Upon restart I get "Could not turn on the camera. Please sign on with PIN."

Thank you

dallasjim, May 4, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Getting various camera errors and camera isn't working- Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Getting various camera

2. Camera isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera isn't working: My built in camera isn't working even though when I go onto the 'camera' app, the white light next to the camera turns on like normal. but the camera only shows a grey screen with a camera and a line across across it. How do I fix this and get my camera working again?...
  3. Camera isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera isn't working: My built in camera isn't working even though when I go onto the 'camera' app, the white light next to the camera turns on like normal. but the camera only shows a grey screen with a camera and a line across across it. How do I fix this and get my camera working again?...
  4. Camera isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera isn't working: My laptop's camera isn't working from last few months, it keeps showing things like:''camera input not found''''something went wrong''''we couldn't find your camera''''error...''or sometimes a black screen onlyI tried restarting it and updating the drivers but still nothing...
  5. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: I have a Surface Pro 6 and it's cameras are not working .I went into Device Manager and I found out that in System Devices the cameras were having problems such as, This device cannot start. Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILUREand Device not migrated.Can someone please give me...
  6. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  7. Camera isn't working

Camera isn't working: My laptops camera isn't working every time i open the camera app on my laptop i get a message saying that the camera isn't found. I checked device manager and i couldn't find the drivers for it. I am using an Asus tuf gaming fx505dv laptop. Can i fix this problem by...
  8. camera isn't working

camera isn't working: i have an HP 1000G2 tab. Ever since I have upgraded to windows 10, camera isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isnt-working/f0e202db-b189-4337-9284-66eaad0253a6
  9. Surface Pro 6 Camera not working

Surface Pro 6 Camera not working: As of 10/29/2018 I received a new SfP-6. Everything is working except the camera, which I would like to use for Windows Hello. I have gone through and: 1. Made sure all the group policies and made sure everything for the camera is enabled 2. Validated within device...
  10. Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working: [ATTACH] There are many who would use their laptop camera for an online meeting or live streaming or maybe just call their loved ones to for celebration, and if that camera stops working, there is much of trouble. If Surface Pro [...] This post Fix Surface Pro or Surface...