Windows 10: Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

Discus and support Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message suddenly in my Windows 10. Please advise as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by rosraj76, Oct 7, 2019.

1. rosraj76 Win User

Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I am getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message suddenly in my Windows 10. Please advise as to how to make it work.

- Roshan

:)

rosraj76, Oct 7, 2019
  2. tfwul Win User

"VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

Just FWIW only ...
    I, myself, initially skipped/forgot the step: "grant Full Control permissions to Administrators, click OK"
    My mistake, of course, but Windows did not allow change permissions then.
    I needed to do that step and it worked fine. Maybe you skipped that step as well?
    I am not an expert, just my 2cents only...

-

Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message [​IMG]

tfwul, Oct 7, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

Hi folks

@muchomurka
    @Danielx64

working fine for me on latest 18363 / 388 Windows build (1909) on bog standard HP envy laptop with core i5 processor.

If you have any problems with installing simply uninstall your previous version and download the new one manually. (Don't forget your serial number though when re-installing !!!). Re-boot after uninstalling previous version and re-install.

I've tested both methods on 2 identical laptops (upgrade, uninstall and re-install new version) - both worked for me.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 7, 2019
  4. DanV64 Win User

Update 1903 refuses to install, reason VMWare Workstation Pro 10

Hi Igor,

I was maybe not clear: the 1903 update cannot be done.

At "Status: installing -25%" I get a message that VMWare Workstation Pro is outdated.

If I try to continue the Windows update, it always stops on the VMWare message. It shows 2 main links. One of the links leads to the site of VMWare and invites to download VMWare Player 14 (which does not support Windows 2000). The other one tells me that
    the concerned "app" has to be updated or uninstalled.

My aim: continue de Windows Pro update 1903 without updating or uninstalling VMWare Workstation Pro 10.

Kind regards

Dan

DanV64, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message - Similar Threads - Getting VMware Workstation

2. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  3. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  4. VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users when upgrading from Windows 7/8.1 or earlier versions of Windows 10, […] This article VMware Workstation Pro can’t run on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10

VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10: I am unable to run VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 cannot run on Windows 10 , It says check for compatibility assistance. Initially, the error was. Device Guard and Credential Guard the symptoms matching exactly same as https://communities.vmware.com/thread/588526 I am...
  6. Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15: Hi there, I downloaded VMware workstation pro a few days ago & I am not able to open it. When I try to, windows basically tells me that VMware Workstation Pro couldn't be run under windows and that I should look for updates. After a bit of research if found out that this...
  7. "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message: Symptoms: After installing new Cumulative Update, VMware Workstation software cannot start. Moreover, the following message is displayed: VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows Check for an updated version of this app that runs on Windows. Compatibility Assistant Check...
  8. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  9. Installing vmware workstation pro error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing vmware workstation pro error: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help...
  10. Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5: Hi All I'm hoping someone who knows something about Device Guard and virtualisation can help me with a question I have. I recently rebuilt my desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit Creators Update. I use VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 daily for my work from home. One...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware workstation pro cant run on windows 10