Windows 10: Getting Warning message in event log

Discus and support Getting Warning message in event log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day Microsoft Community, I am needing some help in fixing some errors that have started occurring after these last few updates that occured. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoannWilliamson, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Getting Warning message in event log

Good day Microsoft Community,

I am needing some help in fixing some errors that have started occurring after these last few updates that occured. If someone would help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Below is one of the warnings that I am getting in the event viewer.

The general message in the event log states, "The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID S-1-5-19 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

When I click on details:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

[ Guid] {1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}

[ EventSourceName] DCOM

- EventID 10016

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 3

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-06-12T02:35:09.285535900Z

EventRecordID 27150

- Correlation

[ ActivityID] {194fd451-c6e7-4bcd-9346-cbe537f7817f}

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 1108

[ ThreadID] 9932

Channel System

Computer MSI

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-19

- EventData

param1 machine-default

param2 Local

param3 Activation

param4 {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

param5 {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

param6 NT AUTHORITY

param7 LOCAL SERVICE

param8 S-1-5-19

param9 LocalHost Using LRPC

param10 Unavailable

param11 Unavailable

:)

JoannWilliamson, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows Media Center - still getting warning messages

Hello,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

• In search tab type "Turn Windows features on or off" and click on the link when it prompted.
    • Now look for "Media feature" and expand it by clicking on it.
    • Under media feature you can find "Windows Media Center", un-check the box by clicking it.
    • Next, you will get a little warning box. Just click "yes" because it's asking if your perfectly okay with disabling it.
    • The last step is to reboot. A message saying you must restart the computer will pop up. Just shut it down or restart and log back in.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 11, 2020
  3. rsalfonso Win User
    Moving an event log source is not having an effect

I'm having an issue that to be clear I'll describe in steps:

1. I created an event source called Foo in the event log called Application using the following powershell command:
      New-EventLog -source Foo -LogName "Application"
    2. I could successfully log to the event log using that source.
    3. Afterwards, I decided to remove the source and re-create it in a different event log:

The problem I'm having is that then when I run Write-EventLog -LogName "My App Log" -Source "Foo" -EventID 0 -EntryType Information -Message "Some message." the entry is logged to Application instead of to My App Log

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Am I missing anything?

rsalfonso, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Zemfik Win User

Getting Warning message in event log

Getting Event 7026 Error

Hi,
    I am getting this event error 7026 in my system log. I was searching almost everywhere but could not really find a solution. The message comming up by boot.
    Replays appreciated.

Zemfik, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Getting Warning message in event log

1. Getting Warning message in event log - Similar Threads - Getting Warning message

2. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  3. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  4. event log warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  5. event log warning

event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  6. warnings and errors in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    warnings and errors in event log: On both of my computers that are running Windows 11 I have found numerous warnings and errors in the event log. Has anyone else experienced this and do I need to be concerned....
  7. warnings and errors in event log

warnings and errors in event log: On both of my computers that are running Windows 11 I have found numerous warnings and errors in the event log. Has anyone else experienced this and do I need to be concerned....
  8. Warning messages in Event Viewer: JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning messages in Event Viewer: JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat: Why am I getting the following warnings in Event Viewer and how can I fix this? svchost 3948,D,12 SRUJet: The database format feature version 9080 0x2378 could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 8920...
  9. Event ID 1014 continual warning messages

Event ID 1014 continual warning messages: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date: 19-Jul-20 3:26:35 PM Event ID: 1014 Task Category: 1014 Level: Warning Keywords: 268435456 User: NETWORK SERVICE Computer: TECLAST Description: Name resolution for...
  10. Windows Event Log Warnings

Windows Event Log Warnings: I have a lot of warnings and errors in my event log and was hoping to get some clarification on the issue. My pc has also been randomly turning off. Not sure if these warnings could contribute to my pc shutting off but I have tried a lot of other methods. Windows is up to...