Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ericdeeson Win User

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 3, 2015
  2. stuart18020 Win User

All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 3, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting Win folders

Forum Date

Getting error 0x80070570 when trying to do a clean install of Win 10 !

Getting error 0x80070570 when trying to do a clean install of Win 10 !: Hi all, today I decided to do a clean install of Win 10 from a bootable USB drive. I deleted all of the partitions of my laptop's SSD and HDD with DISKPART,then created new partitions,but I got the following error during the process of the installation of the OS: ''Windows...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade May 6, 2018

How do I get Incredimail to work with Yahoo Plus for Win 10 in 2018?

How do I get Incredimail to work with Yahoo Plus for Win 10 in 2018?: I don't like the updated smilies that Yahoo mail now offers. I did some searching and found this client, "Incredimail," which has over a thousand smilies and looks like a lot of fun to use. I can't get it to work with my Yahoo Plus account. All answers I have found date...
Browsers and Email Mar 22, 2018

HP Laserjet 4000 on Win1064, Getting cannot conect to Win Update

HP Laserjet 4000 on Win1064, Getting cannot conect to Win Update: I am trying to install my LaserJet 4000n on a reinstall of windows 10 64bit (It was installed and working before reinstall), now windows says that it cannot connect to windows update, rad sfc as suggested by microsoft but nothing found/repaired. I have the driver installed...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Mar 29, 2018

Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd

Win 10 'LAN Keep getting Enter Network Creds' but won't accept pwd: Hi, I have 8 computers on a private LAN and while some of them can react with one another, others can't. The ones that can't, are a mix of 1703 and 1709 16299.19 but up to recently, were always available to each without these Network Credentials panels. It says the user...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing Nov 8, 2017

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.: *Think As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber...
Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance Oct 6, 2015

Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10

Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10: Brand new Dell Latitude E5470. Never turned it on. Popped out the hard drive and put a brand new Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD in it. Created a new USB installer from the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. Booted the computer. Windows installer started up just fine, seemed normal....
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Dec 20, 2017

What level of Win 10 do I get on a purchased USB via the MS Store?

What level of Win 10 do I get on a purchased USB via the MS Store?: Hello. I'm considering assembling a new desktop PC by acquiring the parts separately - a "build" . Assuming I do that and it goes OK, I'll need to install an OS of course. If I purchase Win 10 PRO through the Microsoft store and choose the USB option, does anyone know...
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Oct 26, 2017
Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 solved