Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015

2. All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. 2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders: There is a previous version of this question last year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-yesterday-today-stuff-in/9d36b4f8-8059-4866-9c82-c6d2697a215a That does not work anymore on my Windows 11, there is no group by available in...
  3. 2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders: There is a previous version of this question last year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-yesterday-today-stuff-in/9d36b4f8-8059-4866-9c82-c6d2697a215a That does not work anymore on my Windows 11, there is no group by available in...
  4. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  5. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  6. How do I get my screenshots folder back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my screenshots folder back?: I cannot include a screenshot for my issue because it keeps saying the location can't be found. I don't know what I pressed or did but now I can't even open the folder. This is the error message:C:\Users\jadab\Pictures\Screenshots is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  7. How do I get my screenshots folder back?

How do I get my screenshots folder back?: I cannot include a screenshot for my issue because it keeps saying the location can't be found. I don't know what I pressed or did but now I can't even open the folder. This is the error message:C:\Users\jadab\Pictures\Screenshots is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  8. How to get access between folders on 2 pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get access between folders on 2 pc's: To preface I have followed this guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/8ea267ad-e5bf-4019-8b7e-da5b174d0303 I have two computers, I will call my main 1 and my secondary 2. Pc 1 is in my office and 2 is in the living room...
  9. How to get access between folders on 2 pc's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get access between folders on 2 pc's: To preface I have followed this guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/8ea267ad-e5bf-4019-8b7e-da5b174d0303 I have two computers, I will call my main 1 and my secondary 2. Pc 1 is in my office and 2 is in the living room...
  10. How to get access between folders on 2 pc's