Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015

2. All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?: My file explorer jumplist is just showing the default pinned folders Documents, Pictures, Download, and Desktop. I unpinned them all and they went to recent, but no other recently used folders appear in the jump list. Back windows 8.1 when I opened a file, the folder it...
  3. How do I get windows 10 to remember the last folder I saved to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get windows 10 to remember the last folder I saved to?: When I use a program repeatedly Any Program, for instance a graphics program, I don't want to have to drill down through the folders every single time I save a new photo that I edited. I want to be able to save to the last folder I saved to, the last time I edited a photo....
  4. Folders/files getting dragged to the desktop always go to the top left first, push every...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders/files getting dragged to the desktop always go to the top left first, push every...: So basically say I've downloaded a file and it goes to the downloads folder but I want it on my desktop. I drag it there, it goes top left first (pushes every icon down one position) then goes back to the place I dropped it at. It's just annoying. Any way I can fix this?...
  5. Getting access to the WindosApp folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting access to the WindosApp folder: So, I decided to mod age of empires 2, a worthy goal to persuade. However, I own the game through the xbox game app, and apparently it make the entire process much more difficult. Apparently all the game files are under protected folder named "WindowsApps". I gave myself...
  6. Can't get into Controlled Folder Access

Can't get into Controlled Folder Access: Every time I try to open Controlled Folder Access I get the prompt, "Contact your IT Administrator". This is my personal PC My profile is the administrator of the computer I once had a third-party anti-virus which many forums said could be the issue, however, I...
  7. How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders?

How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders?: I have a folder with about 35 subfolders in it, each containing some files. Is there a way to move every file at once, instead of going through each folder and selecting and moving all of them? submitted by /u/lophlo [link] [comments]...
  8. Start menu apps not getting entered in the Start menu folder and not getting indexed

in Cortana
    Start menu apps not getting entered in the Start menu folder and not getting indexed: For months I have had this issue where any new app/software I installed on my laptop would not appear in the search from the start menu. After looking at the indexing menu, I noticed that the start menu folder in that was not showing any of the recently installed apps. After...
  9. How do I get my folders/apps to appear like they were before?

How do I get my folders/apps to appear like they were before?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/staledepression [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4yy65/how_do_i_get_my_foldersapps_to_appear_like_they/
  10. How do I get Windows folders to stop remembering history of a particular Drive or Directory?

How do I get Windows folders to stop remembering history of a particular Drive or Directory?: [ATTACH] How do I get Windows folders to stop remembering history of a particular Drive or Directory? (Some content hidden to protect my privacy) For example over here, I want to get Windows to stop remembering history of certain folders I may open, does anyone know by...