Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015

2. All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?: Hi, I am trying to move my Documents and music folders from the C drive to a micro 128GB extra storage to use less space on the 28GB C drive in the Lenovo mini Laptop. However, I run up against a error warning telling I can't do that. Here is the message: "The folder...
  3. Controlled folder access is off. Why am I still getting blocked app notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled folder access is off. Why am I still getting blocked app notifications?: I recently installed Windows 10 and AMD's StoreMI on a new computer. I turned on Controlled Folder Access at some point, because it sounded like a useful security feature. When it blocked me from creating desktop shortcuts manually, I turned it off - seems like it might need...
  4. Specific folders keep getting automatically compressed even after I decompress them

Specific folders keep getting automatically compressed even after I decompress them: I noticed a few days ago that the "two blue arrows" appeared on all the icons on my desktop, which I found out stand for NTFS compressed files. I then checked the whole C drive and noticed that a few folders, namely "Documents", "Desktop" and "AppData" (all in my user's...
  5. Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...: Hello, I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I try to add I get folder already exits error. [ATTACH] If other user logs into the same machine, he/she can see the...
  6. Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...

Quick access is blank and getting folder already exits error when pinning/adding in to...: Hello, I don't see documents, pictures, desktop pinned to quick access in windows 10 and I am not able to add any folders to quick access and when I try to add I get folder already exits error. [ATTACH] If other user logs into the same machine, he/she can see the...
  7. Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...

Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using...: Is there a way to get a list of all the folders that are open in Windows Explorer using vbscript or a DOS command? And while we are at it, Is there a way using vbscript or a DOS command, to get a list of all: The .doc? files that are open? The .pdf files that are open?...
  8. How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer: Seen and followed tutorials on this, but still they don't completely vanish, how to get rid of em, or at least have only the disks show up? [img] 121213
  9. How did flash drive contents get on OneDrive in User Folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did flash drive contents get on OneDrive in User Folder?: I do not use OneDrive. At least I do not intend to use OneDrive. However, I have just noticed that the OneDrive folder on my hard drive has contents from a flash drive I have inserted into the PC from time to time. I have several questions: (1) How did this most likely...
  10. How to get full permissions for C drive folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get full permissions for C drive folders?: I have spent a ridiculous amount of time Googling this now, going from forum to forum and am now (understandably, no?) feeling very irritated! *sarc Why on earth do Microsoft design Windows 10 Home Edition so that dialogue boxes come up telling you to contact the system or...