Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015

2. All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. Default Downloads and Pictures folders are getting mixed up, renamed, combined

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Downloads and Pictures folders are getting mixed up, renamed, combined: Hi all, I recently made the switch from Mac to Windows, and so far so good—I got a Dell Inspiron 5680 and am loving it. I bought the computer with a small SSD and a large HDD, and to free up space on the SSD I want to move the default Libraries folders to the HDD. I...
  3. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted: This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98. For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my Download folder. Then when I check the next day they are all deleted again... with both my Toshiba laptop and my Dell desktop....
  4. Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

in Cortana
    Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....: I'm hoping someone can help me out here.... I have a folder - C:\MyStuff and I have a bunch of subfolders. I would like to be able to search for things by pressing the Windows key and then typing part of the name. I thought that would be possible - but Windows never...
  5. I cannot get access to all folders on the second computer

I cannot get access to all folders on the second computer: I have two laptops. They are Asus and Dell brands. I want to have access from Dell computer to the files on Asus. But I am able to get access just to certain folders. The other folders are not accessible though I set them to share. Antivirus is temporarily disabled. Why...
  6. Whats the "Microsoft Hardware" folder in Documents - and how do I get rid of it

Whats the "Microsoft Hardware" folder in Documents - and how do I get rid of it: Hi all, I've been trying to clean up and streamline my workflow. Step one is de-cluttering my Documents folder. I've found a folder in there called "Microsoft Hardware". What is that? How can I get rid of it? I really don't appreciate it when companies end up putting stuff...
  7. Randomly getting Access Denied from my own folders.

Randomly getting Access Denied from my own folders.: I'm created a folder a few minutes ago, and I had to delete it now. I am the administrator of my pc and have full control permissions. When I went to delete it, it gave me an error stating that I do not have permission. This is happening constantly on my pc where I create...
  8. keep getting destination folder access denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    keep getting destination folder access denied.: hi team, whenever I'm trying to paste anything in my local discs other than "C", or trying to delete anything from it, i keep getting a prompt saying destination access folder denied. and it asks me to provide administrator the permission to do it. though I'm the only...
  9. What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?

What is the best way to get a print out of the contents of a Windows directory (file folder)?: The only way I know to get a hardcopy of the files in a folder is to take successive Snips, put them into Word and print them out. Is there a better way? tia las...
  10. Get an error when trying to create a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get an error when trying to create a folder: When I try to make a new folder, my system informs me that “This is no longer located in C:/Users/name. Verify the items location and try again.” I receive this message even when I want to delete anything....