Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015

2. All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. can't scan because get message could not get scanned document folder for current user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't scan because get message could not get scanned document folder for current user: whenever i try to scan i get a message that says could not get scanned document folder for current user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-scan-because-get-message-could-not-get/ec6fb5c4-bc55-4cdd-a4de-f6ce42df85e1
  3. Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them: I have a folder full of music but all the songs are sequestered in sometimes multiple folders, but I want them all to be in just the ONE folder. I tried just copying all the .mp3 files into a new folder, but they stayed in their little folders anyway. Can anyone tell me how...
  4. how can get new folder in documents?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can get new folder in documents?: HOW CAN I get a new folder n documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-get-new-folder-in-documents/aded5fad-a099-4a99-9e4e-0ed45c8b5021
  5. (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    (1909) Can't get rid of "SystemRestore" folder on D: Drive.: So I have had this issue for quite a while now and I thought it was going to resolve on its own but it has been a year and nothing I've done has successfully allowed me to delete this folder that I obviously do not need no more. The story goes like this: I had to do an...
  6. user folder keeps getting created every restart?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user folder keeps getting created every restart?: So I delete it, and every time i restart its back. I keep getting a users\\appdata\local\microsoft\inputpersonalization\textharvester\textharvester.dat i dont even know where to begin so if anyone knows off-hand id be appreciative :) - - - Updated - - - figured it out....
  7. How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder?: How do I get windows to display the whole path in folder? e.g C:\Users\username\Downloads rather than just downloads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-to-display-the-whole-path-in/f40f64e2-3fef-43b7-bded-ac664de8885d
  8. getting this error when I cut-paste folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    getting this error when I cut-paste folders: [ATTACH] Get this error when I cut-paste folders but seems to be ok when I copy-paste folders and cut-paste files. Also, my programs that use the 'documents' folder to launch cannot launch. Help please. submitted by /u/travelbug77 [link] [comments]...
  9. Temp folder is getting overloaded by Office 365

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp folder is getting overloaded by Office 365: My temp folder (located under C:\Users\**USERNAME**\AppData\Local\Temp) is getting overloaded by - as it seems - Microsoft Office 365. There are several massive .log Files. Tried the clean-up feature on the Boot:C with zero success. Any recommendations?...
  10. i cant get access 'permission' for old drive my documents folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i cant get access 'permission' for old drive my documents folder: Hi there hope i can recieve some assistance. i just took out the hard disk drive from an older laptop which had windows 7 on it, i put this into a exterior shell and have converted it to an external hard drive. i've managed to get access to the data but unfortunately there...