Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015

2. All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off: hi i really don't like these windows 11 folders! i wouldn't of upgraded to windows 11 if i knew it would mess up my 1000s of folders!! All my folders have an image over them showing what pictures or movies etc are in each folder. now with this windows 11 folder that I hate it...
  3. how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get folder icons to show full picture not half cut off: hi i really don't like these windows 11 folders! i wouldn't of upgraded to windows 11 if i knew it would mess up my 1000s of folders!! All my folders have an image over them showing what pictures or movies etc are in each folder. now with this windows 11 folder that I hate it...
  4. Getting "Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"" error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"" error message...: I'm getting this error message: "Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"" while running a setup for installing the game Command & Conquer: Generals from https://www.magipack.games/2023/06/command-conquer-generals-full-game.htmlI haven't got this...
  5. Getting "Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"" error message...

Getting "Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"" error message...: I'm getting this error message: "Internal error: Failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"" while running a setup for installing the game Command & Conquer: Generals from https://www.magipack.games/2023/06/command-conquer-generals-full-game.htmlI haven't got this...
  6. How do I get Explorer in Windows 11 to display the plus signs allowing me to expand folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Explorer in Windows 11 to display the plus signs allowing me to expand folders?: I recently had to replace my old Windows 7 computer lightning strike. I now have a new Desktop running Windows 11.I have discovered that unlike Windows 7, when I open Windows Explorer there are no plus signs next to folders which have one or more subfolders. This is extremely...
  7. How do I get Explorer in Windows 11 to display the plus signs allowing me to expand folders?

How do I get Explorer in Windows 11 to display the plus signs allowing me to expand folders?: I recently had to replace my old Windows 7 computer lightning strike. I now have a new Desktop running Windows 11.I have discovered that unlike Windows 7, when I open Windows Explorer there are no plus signs next to folders which have one or more subfolders. This is extremely...
  8. How to get rid of the black outline that appears when selecting a file or a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the black outline that appears when selecting a file or a folder: A black outline appears when I select a file or folder in file explorer. It started all of a sudden and it's irritating me now. Even after I click on the empty space, the black border still remains active around the file/folder. Checked out the accessibility settings but...
  9. How to get rid of the black outline that appears when selecting a file or a folder

How to get rid of the black outline that appears when selecting a file or a folder: A black outline appears when I select a file or folder in file explorer. It started all of a sudden and it's irritating me now. Even after I click on the empty space, the black border still remains active around the file/folder. Checked out the accessibility settings but...
  10. Music Folder Gets Put in Pictures Folder, Can't Delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music Folder Gets Put in Pictures Folder, Can't Delete: Hello Gals and Guys - I have a HP desktop running Windows 10 Home. I noticed that there was a Music folder in my Pictures folder along with the note icon on the folder, so kind of like it was the Music folder. This means I have two copies of my music on my SSD. When attempted...