Windows 10: Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

Discus and support Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ericdeeson Win User

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

On earlier windows I could have several folders open at the same time on the desktop, move them around, and have them ready on the desktop when I next switched on. Also they now have a "ribbon" which I don't need .

How can I get those in Win 10 please? -
    - several folders open at once
    - power to move each to wherever I want it on screen
    - have them open automatically in size and position when I next start up the machine
    - have them just list their contents by name without a ribbon

Thanks, friends! (Oh, and is there a useful Win10 Manual?) - Eric

:)

ericdeeson, Aug 2, 2015
  2. stuart18020 Win User

All folders/files report Access Denied after upgrading to Windows 10

Upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but no folder/files restored from Win 8.1

Used Microsoft tool to automatically re-store Win 8.1 files/folders to Win 10.

All folders/files report Access Denied. CMD Prompt -Adminstator inaccessible as is root drive C:\

Help!

TIA

Original Title: Access Denied

stuart18020, Aug 2, 2015
  3. BobVinton Win User
    Copy Data to USB HD

In WIN 7 & WIN 8.1 I used to copy the complete C:Users folder to my external USB HD. Never any problems.

In WIN 10 it does not work. Too many details to spell out.

How do I get WIN 10 to function properly on this simple task?

I can copy individual folders from C:Users, but not the complete folder.

BobVinton, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1

1. Getting Win 10 folders as on 8.1 - Similar Threads - Getting folders

2. How to get full permissions for C drive folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get full permissions for C drive folders?: I have spent a ridiculous amount of time Googling this now, going from forum to forum and am now (understandably, no?) feeling very irritated! *sarc Why on earth do Microsoft design Windows 10 Home Edition so that dialogue boxes come up telling you to contact the system or...
  3. Is it possible to get always the full path of a folder in windows10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to get always the full path of a folder in windows10?: I would like to have this feature as default, as a long time ago. An address like C:\Users\User Name\Documents\folder1\folder2 Thank you. 117815
  4. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  5. Have a folder with 1000+ videos...how can I get the resolution of all?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have a folder with 1000+ videos...how can I get the resolution of all?: *THIS IS WINDOWS 7 Is there a way to show this within Windows Explorer...or to generate a list? 114942
  6. Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, how to get the "settings" folder back on the start windows pull down?: How to put the "settings" back on the drop down box of Windows tot he left of the screen! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-how-to-get-the-settings-folder-back-on/95554a97-c35a-41ac-9996-e69f48bd2556
  7. Get folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get folder location of my CURRENT wallpaper jpg?: I'm not sure how to find the location in which this current jpg resides. Can someone assist? 112857
  8. Minidump folder gets emptied, why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump folder gets emptied, why?: My dump files in C:Windows\Minidump keep getting deleted. I had two dump files from a week ago and now they are gone. I use CCleaner, but I have the minidump folder set to exclude from cleaning. Any ideas why my dump files keep getting deleted? 110020
  9. Cant get the $oem$ folders to copy to where I want it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get the $oem$ folders to copy to where I want it.: I'm trying to design a Win 10 (x64 pro) autoinstallation setup using Windows System Image Manager and answer files so I can save some time at work. I've only just recently started with it but I'm beginning to learn, thanks in part due to the tutorials on this website. My...
  10. How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Get Windows Explorer to Open Desktop Folder?: Brink is right. That is the easiest way.