Windows 10: Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure

Discus and support Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all. Recently the hard drive on my computer failed. I formatted the hard drive so everything was erased. Now I am left wondering how I will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SloopSpoop, May 30, 2019.

1. Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure

Hello all. Recently the hard drive on my computer failed. I formatted the hard drive so everything was erased. Now I am left wondering how I will be able to redownload windows 10 without purchasing it all together. I no longer have the windows 7 disk that originally came with my computer either. Does anyone know how I could get windows 10, legally, without purchasing another disk? Thanks.

:)

SloopSpoop, May 30, 2019

2. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2019
  3. little cat, May 30, 2019
  4. Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure

Projected Hard drive failure issue

I have an HP laptop that boots up to error "Smart hard drive check has detected imminent failure". I have no issue with replacing the hard drive but have no idea how to get Windows 10 reinstalled/recovered. Currently files/photos/ect. are backed up. Any
    suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Skillet 56, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure

1. Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure - Similar Threads - Getting hard drive

2. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  3. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  4. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hard drive failure: I have a Lenovo Yoga 370. It worked well until a few days ago and the harddrive failed.Now the history is that, some time ago, I had to restore the PC to windows 7 as I lost my windows 10 disc. So I restored to windows 7 then sometime later Microsoft was doing a free upgrade...
  6. Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update: Hardware Test Scan resulted in failure and a code: Q4U7HT-7SSAMR-XD7WLK60RR03I tried to put the code in HP but it said it wasn't valid. hp.com/g/techcenter/PcDiagsUpdate is still attempting to install a June security update that it cannot install. PC freezes and locks and...
  7. windows 10 activation after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation after hard drive failure: my hard drive failed HP pavilion g6 notebook PC I5 1T quite old before Christmas lost everything - unable to boot - couldn't load Norton to access backed up files in July 20- resorted to using my work laptop usb stick to access tools which has now got me access to pc which i...
  8. Window 10 Hard drive Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Hard drive Failure: My laptop I purchased in December 2017 had a hard drive failure. I have gone to HP for troubleshooting and nothing seems to fix it. I am ok with getting another Hard drive however I cannot find the image file the I backed up. How can I reload Windows 10 on the new hard...
  9. hard drive failure after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive failure after Windows 10 update: My Lenovo computer is four years old. When the latest Windows 10 update came up saying that the old version would not be supported in the future, I let it update. The first night, it was fine and I shut it down. The next night it updated again, and I shut it down afterward....
  10. Windows 10 Re-install after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Re-install after hard drive failure: wher do I get a copy of windows 10 to replace mine after a drive failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-re-install-after-hard-drive-failure/0c95d048-18a3-4493-aa5b-8cf2de320866

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot win 10 after hardrive failure

2. how to unlock windows after hdd failure