Windows 10: Getting Windows 10 Home S on a new PC that ships with Win 10 Home

Discus and support Getting Windows 10 Home S on a new PC that ships with Win 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to use Windows 10 Home in S mode because it will satisfy all my needs better than a chrome book without the hassle of being so locked in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BenjiToll, Nov 25, 2018.

1. BenjiToll Win User

Getting Windows 10 Home S on a new PC that ships with Win 10 Home

I want to use Windows 10 Home in S mode because it will satisfy all my needs better than a chrome book without the hassle of being so locked in. I don't need the extra features of pro, so how could I go about setting up a new mini-pc based on stock components with Windows 10 Home S. The mini-pc comes with Windows 10 Home already. Is there a way to set it up in S mode from the beginning? Doesn't matter how difficult it might be.

:)

BenjiToll, Nov 25, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting Windows 10 Home S on a new PC that ships with Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Getting Home ships

2. win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 home.: Shock. I cannot upgrade to win 11. I would like to upgrade to win pro. The free versions. Can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home/a75a596d-553d-4dea-879b-f433550813c4
  3. win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 home.: Shock. I cannot upgrade to win 11. I would like to upgrade to win pro. The free versions. Can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home/a75a596d-553d-4dea-879b-f433550813c4
  4. win 10 home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 home: after updating to win10 home 64 bit version 20h2 when i went to use clipboard history "win key -V" it stopped working. When I go to setting clip board it show "some of these setting are hidden or managed by your organizaton"in red and away to chane it ti on is grayed out....
  6. Windows 10 Home in S mode to Windows 10 Home

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Home in S mode to Windows 10 Home: I am not able to switch from Windows 10 Home in S Mode to just Windows 10 home. There are apps I need that are not supported through the Microsoft Store. I have followed the instructions from Microsoft, and it never switches. Never gets to the install button, just says...
  7. Windows 10’s People app is here to stay, but it’s getting a new home

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s People app is here to stay, but it’s getting a new home: After Print 3D and other creative apps, you can now add People app to the list of apps that were never used. Microsoft is planning to kill off Windows 10’s dedicated People app next year, but you can still access your contacts as long as they’re synced to the cloud storage....
  8. Get back Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Get back Win 10 Home: I got scammed, now I have Win 10 Prowithout Product Key and the old original Home key. It would not activate saying i should install Home first. Where can I do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-back-win-10-home/102b183b-e0eb-454f-b93c-9c9bcbf5f70d
  9. WINDOWS 10 HOME "S" WILL NOT CONVERT WINDOWS 10 HOME, TRIED EVERYTHING, "GET" TAB WILL NOT...

WINDOWS 10 HOME "S" WILL NOT CONVERT WINDOWS 10 HOME, TRIED EVERYTHING, "GET" TAB WILL NOT...: My son just purchased a "NEW" HP Envy that came with Windows 10 Home "S". Dispite our best efforts thru videos and calling computer repair services, we can only get to the transition page and hit the "GET" button but it will not show "INSTALL" to switch over from "S" mode to...
  10. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC: I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903. I bought a new...