Windows 10: Getting Windows 10 on new SSD

Discus and support Getting Windows 10 on new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have a Toshiba Satellite C75D-7230 with a failed hdd and have purchased a compatible ssd to replace it. The problem is that I unfortunately never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TMnFL, Jul 6, 2018.

1. TMnFL Win User

Getting Windows 10 on new SSD

So I have a Toshiba Satellite C75D-7230 with a failed hdd and have purchased a compatible ssd to replace it. The problem is that I unfortunately never created an ISO image of the drive. Is there a way to get Windows 10 on the new ssd without having to purchase another copy? Any advice or assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

TM

:)

TMnFL, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Getting Windows 10 on new SSD

Windows 10 Upgrade - New SSD

I had the same question and got a great answer. Hope this helps!

Here is 10 steps to Windows 10 (from windows 7 home pro)

1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Scroll down and click "download tool now"

3. Open and follow prompt and put installer as an ISO or put on USB drive

4. go to Computer Properties and Write down your Microsoft Product Code BEFORE MOVING ON TO STEP 5!

5. Install new SSD

6. Start PC and boot from new windows 10 USB or DVD

7. Install windows 10 on new SSD

8. Activate your new windows 10 with your Microsoft product code

9. Copy over old files from old SSD

10. Enjoy Windows 10!

AlexFrostdaPimp, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Getting Windows 10 on new SSD

1. Getting Windows 10 on new SSD - Similar Threads - Getting SSD

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  6. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssds-keep-getting-stuck-in-write-protection-with/9ff46428-e866-4970-ae88-427db8a69872?page=1 I tried everything mentioned in this thread, but nothing happened. As stated in the question, my SSD has write protection. I...
  7. M.2 SSD Keep getting stuck in write protection NO way of removing this part 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it

my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it: i lost my data SSD so i went in the bios and saw it wasn't there i tapped on the back of my notebook and rebooted it and it showed up so obviously a failure or connection. so when i went to windows 11 pro i found it no problem but a blue question mark was on it. so i l shut...
  9. my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it: i lost my data SSD so i went in the bios and saw it wasn't there i tapped on the back of my notebook and rebooted it and it showed up so obviously a failure or connection. so when i went to windows 11 pro i found it no problem but a blue question mark was on it. so i l shut...
  10. My ssd died how do I get my Windows 10 pro to load on my new ssd.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My ssd died how do I get my Windows 10 pro to load on my new ssd.: My ssd died how do I get my Windows 10 pro to load on my new ssd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-died-how-do-i-get-my-windows-10-pro-to-load/ad574af5-ef57-4472-88a5-9567ace9a34a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting windows on a new ssd with iso