Windows 10: Getting Windows 10 Pro back after laptop being repaired and reset back to factory version...

Discus and support Getting Windows 10 Pro back after laptop being repaired and reset back to factory version... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop was repaired by totally changing mainboard and harddrive. I was had purchased an upgrade to windows 10 pro via the windows store, they reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John Thomson5, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Getting Windows 10 Pro back after laptop being repaired and reset back to factory version...

My laptop was repaired by totally changing mainboard and harddrive. I was had purchased an upgrade to windows 10 pro via the windows store, they reset it back to windows 10 home that it originally came wit when they replaced the mainboard. How do I get it back?

:)

John Thomson5, Oct 12, 2019

2. ASUS Laptop Factory Reset - Son forgot password

So my son is locked out of his old Windows 10 laptop. It is an ASUS e403s running Windows 10. I don't know which version of windows 10 it is licensed for currently, so I don't want to simply just reinstall windows using USB. I would rather do a factory reset.

Online videos seem to suggest that I can tap F9 while booting to get to advanced boot menu, but this is not working for me. I've also tried F12 and F8. No joy.

Anyone have any idea how I can get to the advanced boot menu to initiate factory reset from outside of the OS, or can anyone tell me how to get which version of Windows I am running just from the login screen so I can be sure to know I am loading the right copy? Thx in advance!!

musiclover7, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Windows 10 Advanced Options Menu to Repair

I would try the following steps in order:

1. Remove the laptop main battery for a few minutes - may reset something
    2. Load BIOS defaults
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free on another PC, create a Reflect USB repair disk then use that disk to repair your laptop
    4. Recover from backup if you have one
    5. Perform a Windows 10 repair install - see instructions on this forum

Steve C, Oct 12, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Getting Windows 10 Pro back after laptop being repaired and reset back to factory version...

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Getting Windows 10 Pro back after laptop being repaired and reset back to factory version...

1. Getting Windows 10 Pro back after laptop being repaired and reset back to factory version... - Similar Threads - Getting Pro laptop

2. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  3. Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a factory reset/reset button in the back panel?: I permanently deleted my windows files and I now do not know what to do as I tried a lot of methods, my computer is not stuck on the automatic repairing screen and I cannot escape it, it has been like this for about 3 days now.. I tried a lot of YouTube videos, tried all the...
  4. Files came back after factory reset ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files came back after factory reset ?: I’ve been having a lot of problems with my pc (dell xps 13 I think 2016) with Internet connection, and I fully factory reset it from advanced options. That didn’t work but I ended up fixing the problem with a wifi antenna, but now my airpods are having connectivity issues and...
  5. Laptop stuck in auto repair after rolling back version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck in auto repair after rolling back version: Split from this thread. So I updated windows 10, then my disk drive sd card teader no longer existed and I tried everything to repair it. I am not technically qualified, but i can follow directions. One of the options was to uninstall the upgraded version to revert back ti...
  6. repaired pc back to factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    repaired pc back to factory reset: ,paid for lifetime home and office , can view documents but not edit. when i put in product key red text comes up and says it has been used, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repaired-pc-back-to-factory-reset/c2242a63-c953-47b2-bd60-b8f1a222b937"
  7. getting back windows 10 Pro

getting back windows 10 Pro: My computer crashed. I had to reformat the hard disk and have the re-installation done again. The current laptop is now running on Windows 10 Home edition. I upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro back in Oct 2017. How do i get back the Pro edition onto my laptop?...
  8. Repair Windows 10 after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Windows 10 after Factory Reset: I recently decided to perform a reset on my computer (and selected the option to remove all files, but not clean the drives). However, during this process, after displaying as 100% complete, the computer froze on a black screen, so I turned it off and on again. Now, when it...
  9. How to reset PC back to Factory with windows 10 pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset PC back to Factory with windows 10 pro ?: I need step to reset PC back to factory . Wiping my files and programs . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-pc-back-to-factory-with-windows-10/4bbcabcc-1245-40d7-b3cf-e9557b556497
  10. Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade

Factory Reset on Laptop After Window 10 Pro Upgrade: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro shortly after purchasing it because I wanted to encrypt my hard drive with Bitlocker. However, shortly after upgrading I began having a problem where the default...