Windows 10: getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface

Discus and support getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I have a Microsoft surface that is running windows 10 pro. I have a laptop that is running windows 10 home. I want to run pro on my laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeHudson1977, Mar 13, 2020.

1. getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface

So I have a Microsoft surface that is running windows 10 pro. I have a laptop that is running windows 10 home. I want to run pro on my laptop. I found the product key by making a vbs file and whatnot in the surface pro. but when I put it in the change windows key on my laptop it said the key is invalid. I checked the activation status on the surface to make sure it is good and it is. please help as I want to run windows 10 pro on my laptop. And yes I am signed in to both devices with the same login.

v/r

Mike Hudson

:)

MikeHudson1977, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

Look at the links I provided above. Surface Pro is priced competitively for ultrabook/tablet. Yes, you can get old fashion laptops for less and better equiped but it isn't an old fashion laptop.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Octavean Win User

getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

With all due respect, I think you intended to say:
    However I can only guess you didn’t understand my post because I was only suggesting that people who take the time to read and post in tech forums will likely be able to tell the difference and that general consumers probably wouldn’t.

Microsoft may have released full specs on the Surface Pro but I don’t recall seeing a full spec sheet. For example, “Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge CPU” doesn’t specify a model and CPU model would be a factor in overall price. This wouldn’t matter if there is only one Core i5 Ivy Bridge mobile CPU though (i5-3360M, i5-3320M, i5-3427U).

Furthermore your suggesting that OEM’s will release Windows 8 Pro tablets and laptops and undercut the pricing suggests that you are unaware that OEM’s have already released products. For what its worth there is a range (Atom, i3, i5 and for laptops i7) but the pricing is similar to Microsoft’s offering in the Surface Pro for similar OEM hardware in the same form-factor. An example of this is Acer Iconia Tab W700 series, Acer Iconia Tab W500 series, Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro XE500xx, Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro XE700xx,….

As I stated before though, when you shrink the product you often pay more money with respect to processing power. So comparing a general 17”, 15” or 13” laptop to a sub 11” screen PC touch tablet isn’t the same thing.

Octavean, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface

1. getting windows 10 pro on my laptop like it is on my surface - Similar Threads - getting pro laptop

2. Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the...: Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the following error:The version of google drive is already installed.But it is not installed....
  3. Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the...: Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the following error:The version of google drive is already installed.But it is not installed....
  4. Google drive will not install on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 Pro machine.I get the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to get my Win 10 Surface Pro Laptop 3 to start PASSWORD LOCKOUT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trying to get my Win 10 Surface Pro Laptop 3 to start PASSWORD LOCKOUT: The other day my Surface Pro Laptop 3 with Windows 10 Home could not restart after I had been using it with no problems.I have followed all the suggestions and finally found my ID code on my Microsoft account page.I thought I was all set so I could attempt to Keep my Files...
  6. Trying to get my Win 10 Surface Pro Laptop 3 to start PASSWORD LOCKOUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to get my Win 10 Surface Pro Laptop 3 to start PASSWORD LOCKOUT: The other day my Surface Pro Laptop 3 with Windows 10 Home could not restart after I had been using it with no problems.I have followed all the suggestions and finally found my ID code on my Microsoft account page.I thought I was all set so I could attempt to Keep my Files...
  7. Trying to get my Win 10 Surface Pro Laptop 3 to start PASSWORD LOCKOUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. i want to get win 10 pro for my computer like it was

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i want to get win 10 pro for my computer like it was: i started out with win 7 ultimate and upgraded to win 10 and got pro because of ultimate win 7. my hard drive crashed last month and now i have a solid statte 1T drive and now the store wants me to buy it again. i have3 bought two pro's in the past but i would like my...
  9. Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting My Old Windows 10 Pro to My New Surface: I just exchanged my old surface which came with Windows 10 Pro due to a crack in the screen. My new surface came with Windows 10 Home. Can I get my license for Windows 10 Pro from the old Surface's digital license (it is not in my possession anymore and I don't have a...
  10. Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 pro license from my dead Surface Pro 3 to my new laptop with windows 10...: The subject says it all. Recently my Surface Pro 3 died and I was forced to buy a new computer. I decided on a Lenovo as a new Surface Pro was unfortunately above my available budget. This Lenovo has windows 10 home edition pre installed and I would like to change that to...