Windows 10: Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

Discus and support Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexandreChamberland, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?

:)

AlexandreChamberland, Feb 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 16, 2019
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 16, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

VIA Labs VL811+ USB 3.0 Hub Controller Obtains USB-IF Certification

VIA Labs, Inc., a leading supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers, today announced that the VIA Labs VL811+ 4-port SuperSpeed USB Hub controllers has achieved SuperSpeed USB certification from the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). The VIA Labs VL811+ is among the first USB 3.0 hubs to achieve USB-IF certification.

"VIA Labs has been working with the USB-IF since the beginning and we've seen USB 3.0 grow from just a specification to being designed into computing platforms and peripherals that we hadn't even dreamed about," said Jay Tseng, Director, VIA Labs, Inc. "We're very pleased to offer the industry a certified SuperSpeed USB Hub and we look forward to new possibilities for innovation."

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub 22a_thm.jpg

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub 22b_thm.jpg

USB-IF certification of VIA Labs SuperSpeed USB Hub Controllers provides the assurance that devices based on these certified products will inter-operate with the billions of USB-enabled devices available on the market while delivering the speed, power efficiency, and power delivery specified by the USB 3.0 standard. In addition to the VIA Labs VL811+ Hub Controllers, VIA Labs currently offers a complete USB-IF Certified product line including USB 3.0 Hosts, USB 3.0 SATA Bridges, and USB 3.0 to NAND Flash Controllers.

"The USB-IF is pleased that VIA Labs has achieved certification of its USB 3.0 hub controller," said Jeff Ravencraft, President & COO, USB-IF. "VIA Labs has worked closely with the USB-IF in our successful efforts to ensure compliant and interoperable SuperSpeed USB devices, their certified USB products have helped promote and further stress the importance of USB-IF certification programs."

VIA Labs VL811+USB 3.0 Hub Controller
    The VIA Labs VL811+ 4-port USB 3.0 hub controller is the third-generation single-chip hub solution from VIA Labs offering many improvements over the previous generations including optimized low-power design, support for USB power management, and the addition of an integrated USB Charging Controller to the core hub logic. The VIA Labs VL811+ is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 specifications, and fully supports SuperSpeed (5Gbps), Hi-Speed (480Mbps), Full-Speed (12Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5Mbps) traffic. VL811+ based hubs enjoy broad cross-platform support under a variety of host controllers and SoCs, and OS support in Windows, OSX, Linux, and others. VL811+ has also passed Windows Hardware Certification Kit testing for both Windows 8 and Windows RT.

VIA Labs VL811+ Availability
    The VIA Labs VL811+ Hub controller is currently shipping.

btarunr, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

1. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub - Similar Threads - Getting detect usb

2. USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub: Every time I unplug the USB keyboard from the USB C hub after plugging it in keyboard does not work and repeats the first key pressed. After I remove the USB C hub and reattach it, the keyboard works fine. What could be the problem?I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 version....
  3. USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub: Every time I unplug the USB keyboard from the USB C hub after plugging it in keyboard does not work and repeats the first key pressed. After I remove the USB C hub and reattach it, the keyboard works fine. What could be the problem?I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 version....
  4. USB Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  5. Micro USB hub is not detecting display

Micro USB hub is not detecting display: I have a micro usb hub that has been great for me thus far. I just got a new laptop with windows 10 and now it won't detect my monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-usb-hub-is-not-detecting-display/e367e86c-9122-4bb9-91d0-b1f9b7d80f0c
  6. USB HUB detection & relevant issue

USB HUB detection & relevant issue: I am facing a very peculiar issue with Windows 10. I have two laptops, HP & ACER make & both are using Windows 10. Everything with my HP laptop is just fine except one thing. I have a portable SSD drive which was connected to one of its USB 3.0 port for serval months....
  7. Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect controllers using USB hub: The USB controllers work without any problem when plugged in the laptop but when I plug 4 controllers at once using a hub, my Windows 10 laptop isn’t able to detect them....
  8. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  9. Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub: My Windows 10, at Startup, does not detect the 4 external hard drives connected to my PC through a USB Hub. If I unplug the hub and plug it back it, then the drives are all detected. I've tried disabling the USB Suspension option and slowed down the start up speed. Neither...
  10. Renesas USB 3.0 Hub & Controller

Renesas USB 3.0 Hub & Controller: Renesas USB 3.0 Hub & Controller Winver 1703 15063.332 Solution: Remove W10 driver & install Renesas driver ( Windows Creative Upgrade had replaced 3.0.23.0 driver with its own.) Problem being - When creating a Recovery USB drive, the process would not complete with...