Windows 10: Getting Windows 10 to recognize Canon Scanners that worked on Windows 7

Discus and support Getting Windows 10 to recognize Canon Scanners that worked on Windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older Canon Scanner N1220U that works with Windows 7. On the newer laptop, I have Windows 10. Canon does not provide drivers or software to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dmg3562, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Dmg3562 Win User

Getting Windows 10 to recognize Canon Scanners that worked on Windows 7

I have an older Canon Scanner N1220U that works with Windows 7. On the newer laptop, I have Windows 10. Canon does not provide drivers or software to operate the scanner with Windows 10. Canon says to contact the operating system's manufacturer to see if their operating system can operate it. How can I get Windows 10 to operate the scanner?

:)

Dmg3562, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Jbellec Win User

Q: Canon MP780 scanner not recognized by Windows 10 and Canon not upgrading drivers!

Is there a work around for this?

My Canon MP780 mulit-function printer/scanner/ copier was working beautifully under Windows Vista on my old computer. With my new (used) computer using Windows 10 the scanner is not recognized.

Windows Scan does not recognize it either.

I downloaded the software from Canon for Windows 7 but this did not help either.

Canon advises they are not providing any upgraded Window 10 drivers for this model.

Are there any clever people out there with a work around?

Or is there such a thing as a "generic" driver or some scanning program that will recognize it?

Jbellec, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Canon imageClass MF4370dn scanner not working in Windows 10 x64

I've installed the latest drivers available from Canon (ColorNetworkScanGear-v271_Win_)

Note: the file name in parens above gets truncated when I submit this note. The editor cuts off the trailing US and exe.

The Canon Scan Gear Tool (in the Canon program folder) has a "Test Connection" button, and when I click that, it says
    "The selected scanner is available for scanning".

However, the scanning programs don't see any available TWAIN source. I've tried scanning with two programs:

Canon MF Toolbox 4.9 and Irfanview 4.40 (64-bit). Both fail to recognize any TWAIN source.

A Canon tech support person suggested the following steps to change the WIA setting in Windows 10, but that did not help:

----

1. Right click the Windows Start Button and select Run. Alternately, you can hold down the Windows key on you keyboard and press the R key.

2. Enter (services.msc) without the parenthesis.

3. Scroll down and look for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).

4. Right-click on it then select Properties.

5. Select the "Log On" tab.

6. Select the radio button for “Local System account”.

7. Check the box for “Allow service to interact with desktop”.

8. Click OK.

----

How can I get the scanner to show up as a TWAIN source?

It looks like WIA is an alternative for TWAIN. If so, should the scanning programs like Irfanview have automatically recognized it after I made the above change suggested by the Canon rep?

Have also tried using the Windows Fax and Scan tool, and that too gives an error - "No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed..."

SanjeevSrivastav, Feb 3, 2020
  4. C. Finley Win User

Canon Lide 200 Scanner not working with Windows 10

Old title :Canon Lide 200 Scanner

My CanoScan LIDE 200 scanner has been working fine ever since I was using Win 7. After upgrading to both Win 8.1 and 10, it has worked fine. Now it suddenly stopped working. I can get it to scan one page but the scan arm will not return to the "home"
    position, and I cannot continue scanning. If I unplug the scanner and then plug it in again, I can once again scan one page. Canon states this scanner is not supported in Win 10, even though it was working just fine. I have tried the original Canon drivers
    in Compatibility Mode with no change. I believe the problem with the scanner is Windows, not Canon.

Anyone have a suggestion?

C. Finley, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting Windows 10 to recognize Canon Scanners that worked on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Getting recognize Canon

2. Wireless Scanners not working with Windows 10 and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Scanners not working with Windows 10 and Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 10 and Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 on my home network, along with an Brother all-in-one. Everything worked wonderfully on my wireless network. I have tried to add 3 different wireless scanners Raven Compact, Epson RR-70W, and Epson...
  3. Wireless Scanners not working with Windows 10 and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Scanners not working with Windows 10 and Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 10 and Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 on my home network, along with an Brother all-in-one. Everything worked wonderfully on my wireless network. I have tried to add 3 different wireless scanners Raven Compact, Epson RR-70W, and Epson...
  4. Wireless Scanners not working with Windows 10 and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Canon g4010 scanner not working

Canon g4010 scanner not working: my pc has been working using a USB for a scanner on a canon g4010 very well, now it doesn't but printer etc still works. Message is connect to a scanner. Have disconnected everything, reset printer/scanner, troubleshoot etc still no hint of working...
  6. Getting Canon 9000F Scanner to work with Windows 10

Getting Canon 9000F Scanner to work with Windows 10: The Canon 9000F scanner is a great little machine, and I used it a great deal with my old desktop which was running on Windows XP. I know -- Windows XP! But XP worked just fine for years, so why update? Then my desktop died, and I had to get a new one. Of course, with...
  7. Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10

Unable to get scanner recognized by Windows 10: Hi Community, Hope someone can give me some direction. I purchased an Epson Perfection V600 Photo and Negative Scanner. I installed the CD as directed, waited until the installation was complete as directed, rebooted the computer as directed then attempted to connect via...
  8. Canon Scanner

Canon Scanner: When I start scanning a document, I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning." Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-scanner/f9575d64-acf0-4e9b-a831-0b4427d668c8
  9. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon MG5350 scanner not working: I have taken action on all the advice given with this problem but scanner will not work from windows apps. No problem if I use the Canon route, but I cannot scan in Photoshop for example. In the first set of following action, it did work but had now failed again. Click...
  10. Canon MG5350 scanner not working

Canon MG5350 scanner not working: The scanner in my Canon Pixma MG5350 has stopped working - I get a message "U network scanner EX cannot be found. Re-install scanner driver". I have re-installed all the drivers from Canon but still not working. I have been in contact with Canon support who suggest that this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scan not recognising scanner