Windows 10: Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment?

Discus and support Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I'm on a domain and I just want to share my publish docs folder. I can't access due to the error that basically says "it isn't even shared" ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pollockLA, Sep 22, 2020.

1. pollockLA Win User

Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment?

Hi I'm on a domain and I just want to share my publish docs folder.

I can't access due to the error that basically says "it isn't even shared" -> "Windows cannot access \\pastrami\public\Documents"

What else do I need to enable or configured for this to work?

If its too long explanation, ill take the coles notes , thats fine

Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment? 11f48aa6-64a9-4951-a393-398372e88372?upload=true.png

Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment? c9c71ba4-326e-4e6d-9c33-fc8f059e1adb?upload=true.png

:)

pollockLA, Sep 22, 2020
  2. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Issues while accessing files over network on domain environment

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing files from one PC to another on a domain environment.

As you have mentioned that when you login as a normal user you are not able to access the files. You might want to check the permissions for the file sharing for the users as it might be set for administrator users only.

However, as the issue is happening on domain environment I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on issues related to domain environment to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment?

Accessing a shared folder from a non-domain PC

I need to access a shared folder in a non-domain pc (work-group) from a domain pc. What are the requirements in terms of ports and other steps to achieve this.

Abdulaziz AlShakar, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment?

1. Getting "Windows cannot access" a share on a domain environment? - Similar Threads - Getting cannot access

2. How to Get Logs for Authentications of Login and Shared Network access for Domain users in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Get Logs for Authentications of Login and Shared Network access for Domain users in...: I am working on a small project for a school with around 150 users in a Domain EnvironmentI am searching for a method to Obtain or to Generate - Domain authentication logs of Domain users when logged in to domain computers or when accessing share drives. The log is to be...
  3. How to Get Logs for Authentications of Login and Shared Network access for Domain users in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Get Logs for Authentications of Login and Shared Network access for Domain users in...: I am working on a small project for a school with around 150 users in a Domain EnvironmentI am searching for a method to Obtain or to Generate - Domain authentication logs of Domain users when logged in to domain computers or when accessing share drives. The log is to be...
  4. Errors accessing Shared Folders on a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Errors accessing Shared Folders on a Domain: Well, This is an interesting one. A few of my computers, since updating to 20h2, have been having this issue. It is random in the length of time between switches. Sometimes a reboot sometimes a lock/log-in sometimes with none of that. Here is the issue: Browsing to a few...
  5. File Sharing "Windows cannot access"

File Sharing "Windows cannot access": Problem: Only some clients cannot connect to Shared folder Configuration: My clients want to map network drive to connect the folder which is on my computer. One of my clients can connect, however, other 2 clients cannot connect by getting "Windows cannot access" error....
  6. Delaying Windows Updates on Domain Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delaying Windows Updates on Domain Environment: I am a tech at a small business. I am trying to get windows to DL and update during non-work hours. I have specified the hours, but windows will sometimes DL the updates, and sometimes will only check for them. Even after it has DLed the updates, it never installs them...
  7. Issues while accessing files over network on domain environment

Issues while accessing files over network on domain environment: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks ***Original title: Unable to...
  8. AutoLogon not working in domain environment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    AutoLogon not working in domain environment: I have a strange problem with AutoLogon in our domain environment: we have several machines that are configured for autologon, where the registry entries DefaultUsername, DefaultPassword, DefaultDomainName are all verified as having the correct data, and AutoAdminLogon is...
  9. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...
  10. Cannot access Windows 10 Share

Cannot access Windows 10 Share: Hello I am having trouble networking 2 Windows 10 computers together on my network. This is kind of odd, I have a Windows 7 PC that can hit the file share with no issues. And on the troubled computer I can access the shares on the Windows 7 PC. But the Windows 10...