Windows 10: Getting Windows Edge to fill in login info

Discus and support Getting Windows Edge to fill in login info in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there any way to get Windows Edge to fill in my login information (not passwords at this time) like what Chrome will do?? I can't seem to figure out... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by snikr, Aug 16, 2015.

1. snikr Win User

Getting Windows Edge to fill in login info

Is there any way to get Windows Edge to fill in my login information (not passwords at this time) like what Chrome will do?? I can't seem to figure out how to do it other than use Chrome.

:)

snikr, Aug 16, 2015
  2. baud43 Win User

Auto-fill into web pages with 6300

Hi,

As a recent owner of this great 6300, I miss some info about the usage of the auto-fill function (from any web page with login/pwd prompt : Options -> Other options -> Auto-fill settings -> Activated).

I suppose that, as there is no more 'wallet' to store login/pwd in this phone, this function, when activated, should remember what was typed in the page.

I managed to get it working in one page (login remembered, not password) but not in others.

I don't find any usefull info about that in the manual.

Can you tell me more please ?

baud43, Aug 16, 2015
  3. debberyan Win User
    Rember my login info is gone

After a recent Microsoft update, I no longer have login id's shown on some sites which require a login and password. Previously, I could type in the id and password, click the "remember me" box and each time I returned to the site the ID info was filled
    and I had only to enter the password. NOW, each time I return to the site, the remember me box is no longer checked and I have to fill id and password all over again. What Happened and what settings to I need to check or change to get back to remembering
    my login id's only?

debberyan, Aug 16, 2015
  4. werby Win User

Hello snikr,

Go to "More actions" (upper right . . . icon)-->Settings/Advanced Settings/Privacy and services and you'll see...*Wink

werby, Aug 16, 2015
  5. snikr Win User
    I did that and it looks like what I need is turned on but Edge is NOT filling in my login info. It just offers to save my password (which I do not do).

snikr, Aug 17, 2015
  6. werby Win User
    You have to left+click once in the username & pass fields, then you'll see them. Of course, first, you have to save it.
    I've also noticed, usernames & passwords cannot be saved for some sites. It depends on the way of login.

Actually, IMO, Edge is equal or more useless than IExplorer used to be...*Party

My Best!

werby, Aug 17, 2015
  7. snikr Win User
    I hate to say it but it looks like it's back to Chrome (except the couple of sites that just will not work with Chrome).

snikr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting Windows Edge to fill in login info - Similar Threads - Getting Edge fill

2. Windows automatically fills account login screen...?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows automatically fills account login screen...?: When I start my computer Windows 10 and it opens the login screen, it seems like I already wrote my account's password and name - though I have not. It just shows that I wrote the incorrect password. Then I can just press "ok" and write the right login information - and my...
  3. I have forgotten my login info, but I haven't done enough with the account to fill out the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have forgotten my login info, but I haven't done enough with the account to fill out the...: I have forgotten the PIN and password to the account. I haven't sent any emails or anything with the account, I use a different account for that. This unfortunately means that I don't have enough information to fill out the password reset forms on Microsoft's website. I...
  4. Edge: How to import auto fill forms into edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge: How to import auto fill forms into edge: Please Help: I have the older version of Edge (not chromium) and I want to know how to import auto fill forms into edge from an exported json file? When I go into settings, passwords & autofill, auto fill, manage forms all it shows is export, not import. [Kinda defeats the...
  5. Windows 10 info on the Edge Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 info on the Edge Browser: The Edge Browser is full of storylines and Gossip . But how about more Info for Windows 10 users. IE . How to deal with Faulty Updates like KB4512941. I had to try the various suggestions of our Moderators until I found one that worked. Meanwhile another OS That remains...
  6. filling out info blocks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    filling out info blocks: I need help, Every time I start to enter info into an empty block, I get knocked off the site T'm in. How can I stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filling-out-info-blocks/60c43d88-6ce0-4e9e-8954-cee06649e256
  7. "Auto-fill" in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Auto-fill" in Edge?: My Win10 has been upgraded to the AU 1607 and runs very well I use Yahoo email - 2 accounts When I use EDGE which is my default browser, my log in names have to be typed in instead of being automatically selected When I use IE11, my log-in names are automatically...
  8. Multiple stages for login info?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple stages for login info?: Is there a way to have multiple login options required? (say a fingerprint *and* and PIN or password?) (Would this really slow down say a hacker who stole your computer anyway? [I may be travelling this summer overseas and am a little bit paranoid].) Thanks P.S. I...
  9. Lastpass auto login and form fill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lastpass auto login and form fill: Are their on-going issues with the Windows 10 extension for lastpass? If so, when can we expect a fix? 28964
  10. Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Extensions gets official info page ahead of release: Now, via MSPoweruser, we have the first real hint at what Edge extensions might look like in their initial preview mode, thanks to a dedicated page on Microsoft’s developer site. So far, it’s looking like we’ll have three extensions to try out when they’re enabled in the next...