Windows 10: Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10

Discus and support Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I want to get myself out of Thunderbird and into Windows Mail; Had Windows Live Mail and it was perfect for me; unfortunately it is unsupported and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by needlenoses, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10

So I want to get myself out of Thunderbird and into Windows Mail; Had Windows Live Mail and it was perfect for me; unfortunately it is unsupported and gone. Miss it a lot. So, got Mail up and running with 2 accounts, mine and my wife's .
    First issue is how do I change the assigned name to the accounts. Both are in my name in "people or contact list" but my wife's name should come up under her account. If I want to forward to my wife it come under my name. Her name, though listed in contact list go to my name.

Secondly, I cant seem to be able to drop an email form my account over to hers. Bit of a learning curve for me but working on it. I will leave Thunderbird working until I feel safe with Windows Mail.

TKS. windows version # 10.0.18363

:)

needlenoses, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 2, 2020
  3. win 10 mail crashes

These procedures can be used to fix issues with These win 10 apps. Mail, Calendar, Cortana, Start menu, and Settings. It probably will work for others but I have only tested it with these.

Solution 1: Re-register this App:
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find the Mail App and remember the InstallLocation.
    • Type this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}
    • It would run as below:

Solution 2: If re-registering the App does not resolve your issue, Try reinstalling the App.

Step 1: Uninstall it completely
    • Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press Enter.
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Note: After running this command in Windows 10, the Mail icon still appear in the App list and Start menu. However, you cannot click to launch it. Just ignore and continue next step.

Step 2: Reinstall the App from Windows Store

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 2, 2020
  4. endeavor Win User

Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10

Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10

1. Getting Windows Mail Up and running in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Getting Mail running

2. Win 10 mail

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 mail: Hi I've problem with downloading new email, idk why in every tutorial they have there "as item arrive", and I don't have it there. If i select "based on my usage" it took like 5 min to arrive. And I dont wanna wait 15mints until email come. Can somebody help me pls?...
  3. Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting AOL Mail to work with Win 10 mail App: If AOL Mail is not working in win 10 Mail, try this: Remove AOL account from Win 10 Mail Login to AOL Online . Under your name select "Account Info" On the left select "account security" at the bottom hover curser over "manage App and Passwords Click "Generate Password"...
  4. win 10 mail

win 10 mail: Using Win 10 Mail when I hover over a picture in a message it shows the address of the picture. How do I get rid of that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-mail/d246b1ff-8fdc-414e-bba8-de017b3cc1eb
  5. Mail for Win 10

Mail for Win 10: I recently purchased a new machine with Win 10 installed. It associated my yahoo email account and I now am seeing Mail. Question 1: how can I create a signature? Question 2: I can see my contacts, but the groups I had before on Yahoo are no longer there and I cannot...
  6. How to back up Mail App in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to back up Mail App in Win 10: Dear all, I got some issue with my computer and I need to back up my mail contents in Mail App of Window 10. I have researched on Web and found the way to copy all data in the folder as below link:...
  7. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10: I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win 10? Thanks....
  8. Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail: I am not 100% sure, but It seems like after the new win 10 release on 8/2 my win 10 mail totally quit working, and now I have it up and running sort of. I can send and receive mail and my Calendar works. but My folders and contacts do not sync. I am sure this topic has been...
  9. Win 10 Mail (getting past blue Accounts set up screen)

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail (getting past blue Accounts set up screen): Hello, Pop3 Email account set up but not seen.....How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up? I did a quick set up on a pop3 mail account in WIN 10. It is nowhere to be seen and only the blue colored Accounts screen is visible. I can set...
  10. Win 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail: My win 10 mail had been working fine with an outlook.com email address setup as pop till a couple of days ago when I started getting a sync error. I did a system state backup and deleted win 10 mail to install - however this all went horribly wrong and I couldnt get my...