Windows 10: Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off

Discus and support Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I've read all the articles and I realize MS Techs will tell you to wait 2 to 3 hours.(Idiotic Stance). I've turned it off, unplugged it, waited.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesCurtin 0131, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off

So, I've read all the articles and I realize MS Techs will tell you to wait 2 to 3 hours.(Idiotic Stance).

I've turned it off, unplugged it, waited. Turned on, same thing.

I see where some people have waited up to 10 hours.

Can MS once and for all come up with a fix??

I seriously am considering replacing all my Pc's and employees's laptop with Macs. We continually loose hours due to MS updates, restarts, etc.

And again, for techs to say wait out the blue screen, has got to be the stupidest thing you can tell somebody running a business. MS touts itself as being the answer to all your business concerns; that is if you have ample time to deal with all the snafus associated with this operating system.

:)

JamesCurtin 0131, Feb 7, 2019

2. Window 10 stuck in eternal "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer"

Hi Jennifer,

We would like to ask a few questions in order for us to properly address your issue with the "Getting Window ready Don't turn off your computer".

• Have you tried disconnecting your internet from your wired or wireless router?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off

Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer

I tried all the steps suggested and finally had to perform a Reset on my Acer Laptop (no removable battery)with Windows 10. The next day the same thing happened again. The Getting Windows Ready, etc. kept spinning around for 4 hours. Did another Reset.
    The next day the same thing happened again. The computer is now Resetting for the 4th time this week. I have a business to run and cannot have my computer either down or resetting all the time, can't get any work done. There must be another solution to
    why Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer keep spinning around.

Thanks, Sharon

TheGarageProject, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off

1. Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off - Similar Threads - Getting Ready Turn

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer: Since last auto update of my laptop, the system is working slow and every time I restart then it’s showing Getting Windows Ready Dnt turn Off your computer. I have initiated restart atleast 10 times however same issue every time with the Getting Windows Ready...
  4. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...: Had this on my screen for nearly 30mins? Should it take this long, laptop has never updated properly from day 1. Its about 12 months old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready-dont-turn-off-your-computer/7b5db89d-c713-4215-ac4c-a1a23e1b852d
  5. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...: Had this on my screen for nearly 30mins? Should it take this long, laptop has never updated properly from day 1. Its about 12 months old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready-dont-turn-off-your-computer/7b5db89d-c713-4215-ac4c-a1a23e1b852d
  6. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.: Hi! My PC is stuck in this blue screen and I need it urgently to work :Would it be good to force the restart, or a different option to start it at least for now? I just don't want to mess it up.Thank you in advance!...
  8. Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.

Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.: Hi! My PC is stuck in this blue screen and I need it urgently to work :Would it be good to force the restart, or a different option to start it at least for now? I just don't want to mess it up.Thank you in advance!...
  9. Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Screen Stuck on “Getting Windows ready. Do not turn off your computer”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Stuck on “Getting Windows ready. Do not turn off your computer”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aceanime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dqqy9p/screen_stuck_on_getting_windows_ready_do_not_turn/