Windows 10: Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer

Discus and support Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This message is useless, and a little late, because I get it after I have opted to Shut Down Windows. There is no indication that I can see that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erhuip, Jun 14, 2016.

1. erhuip Win User

Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer

This message is useless, and a little late, because I get it after I have opted to Shut Down Windows. There is no indication that I can see that updates are ready to be applied. So after some time (5 mins) the computer shuts down, then on next startup same message appears before computer finished boot. What am I to look at before shutting down the computer ?

:)

erhuip, Jun 14, 2016
  2. davidm71 Win User

Stalled shutdowns: Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer annoying !

Hi,

I'm always in a rush and don't have time to wait for my computer to reboot or shut down and I find it very annoying I am not given

an option when I select shut down I get a bluescreen with this message: 'Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer' and I have to sit and wait 5-10 minutes for Windows to install updates or I don't know what as no feedback is being provided. At
    least the Macintosh OS doesn't behave this way and when I click shut down the machine shuts down!

Is there a way to shut down my computer on my terms?!!

Annoyed!

Thanks

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate category**

davidm71, Jun 14, 2016
  3. problem with computer restart

Getting Windows Ready Please Do not shut down your computer

I have one update that crushed KB4054517 and Iam wondering is this a problem.

Grey bacground with Getting Windows Ready Please Do not shut down your computer runs sometinefor 3 - 4 hours.

Is there a way to fix this I lookseday of work bacause of this. and it happened every time I need to reboot PC

Thank you in advance

LA

LevAbramovich, Jun 14, 2016
Thema:

Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer

1. Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer - Similar Threads - Getting Ready Don't

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down: I've just woke up and my dad is like ''Son, your computer seems to has a virus, IT HAS BEEN ALL UP THE NIGHT SAYING ''''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'', now how are you attending class?'' I just forced shut down it and turned it back on, everything...
  6. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down: I've just woke up and my dad is like ''Son, your computer seems to has a virus, IT HAS BEEN ALL UP THE NIGHT SAYING ''''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'', now how are you attending class?'' I just forced shut down it and turned it back on, everything...
  7. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.: Hi! I tried to restart my pc because it doesn't open file explorer properly. It's slow. The "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer" appears and does not seem to be moving. There's no circle animation. I suppose it's updating since I can see the hard disk LED and...
  9. Getting Windows Ready Don't Turn off your computer with no circle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting Windows Ready Don't Turn off your computer with no circle.: Is it a bug? Is it stuck? submitted by /u/dadybosma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lprrcn/getting_windows_ready_dont_turn_off_your_computer/
  10. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".: My laptop just got a reset because I was facing problems with the Optane Memory module. The module is now changed so I don't think there's a problem due to that. Due to the reset, I had to get all the updates, apps and software I had previously. I installed some Windows...