Windows 10: Getting windows ready stuck for days

Discus and support Getting windows ready stuck for days in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AtharMazareb, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Getting windows ready stuck for days

I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the power button, holding it for 30 seconds and turning it back on but i get the same result. The laptop is not even connect to any wifi at all i tried both having the wifi on and off, turning it on and off multiple times. It's stuck and it's driving me crazy! What can I do??

:)

AtharMazareb, Oct 17, 2021

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Getting windows ready stuck for days

Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Getting windows ready stuck for days

1. Getting windows ready stuck for days - Similar Threads - Getting ready stuck

2. Windows 10 stuck at getting windows ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck at getting windows ready: So I tried updating my laptop and it got stuck while updating at 20% version 21h1 so I opened windows updates troubleshooter and it told me that there is a pending restart to I restarted it since then it's stuck in getting windows ready any help please?...
  3. Windows 10 stuck at getting windows ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck at getting windows ready: So I tried updating my laptop and it got stuck while updating at 20% version 21h1 so I opened windows updates troubleshooter and it told me that there is a pending restart to I restarted it since then it's stuck in getting windows ready any help please?...
  4. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  5. Getting windows ready stuck for days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting windows ready stuck for days: I own a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700, it's a great and powerful laptop it hardly has problems. I tried running it yesterday and it showed the familiar "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" it has been stuck for two days straight. I tried turning off my laptop via the...
  6. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  7. Screen stuck on getting windows ready

Screen stuck on getting windows ready: i updated and shut down when ethernet was unplugged. then i realized it and replugged the ethernet. now the screen is stuck on getting windows ready. did the ethernet have something to do with it? What do I do?...
  8. Stuck at Getting Windows ready

Stuck at Getting Windows ready: After I hit update and shut down, my PC got stuck at 35% and more than 3 hours passed by. Then I tried to go to advanced settings and troubleshoot/ do anything from that menu but in order to do so, I needed to login to my microsoft account. While trying to do that, it showed...
  9. windows stuck , getting devices ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows stuck , getting devices ready: hello , i'm using windows server 2012 R2 , i deploy WDS , i capture one imange , windows 10 professional , and upload to server , later , when I tried to install the image , after copy the files and reboot, it stuck on getting devices ready ! . i added the driver to the...
  10. Stuck on Getting Devices Ready

Stuck on Getting Devices Ready: Hello community Yesterday I got an update problem and I couldn't boot to windows. I mounted version 1803 of windows on USB and reinstalled windows 10 on my C drive by formatting it. After laptop restarted, It got stuck on getting devices ready 12% (Usb was plugged in that...