Windows 10: "Getting Windows Ready"

Discus and support "Getting Windows Ready" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was in class doing my work when a friend next to me started pressing random buttons on my keyboard, then the caps lock started flashing. I did what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ub4002, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/ub4002 Win User

"Getting Windows Ready"

I was in class doing my work when a friend next to me started pressing random buttons on my keyboard, then the caps lock started flashing. I did what others said would work, restarting my laptop. I restarted and I was greeted with the "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" screen. I found online that it would be a good idea to way, so I did. It's been ~80 hours since and there's no luck. I heard about going into safe mode and advanced startup settings but I can't figure out how. Please help

submitted by /u/ub4002
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ub4002, Feb 13, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

"Getting Windows Ready"

Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

"Getting Windows Ready"

1. "Getting Windows Ready" - Similar Threads - Getting Ready

2. Windows 10 Install stuck at Getting Devices Ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install stuck at Getting Devices Ready: I know there are a ton of posts with this issue, but I've read them all and still can't resolve my issue. I built this computer about 10 months ago and never had a problem until 2 days ago. Went through all of the chkdsk, memtest86, sfc scans and dism. Nothing worked. I...
  3. Windows auto resizing and getting focus when ready

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows auto resizing and getting focus when ready: Hi! I would like to set app windows to stop auto resizing and getting focus when ready. For example, I double click to open an app that takes some time. Then I go to a web browser and start using it. I'm putting my password and the first app resizes, gets focus and I...
  4. Windows startup won't go beyond Getting devices ready

Windows startup won't go beyond Getting devices ready: How do I proceed beyond the message 'Getting devices ready' on a laptop. This problem started recently when I turned on the Windows 10 Pro laptop. Although I am not too sure, this problem was probably triggered by a corrupted Windows automatic update. Instead of getting the...
  5. Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates stuck on getting things ready 0%: I'm trying to update after reading about the whole malware thing. I'm still on 1809 and can't get my pc to update on it's own. Too stupid to figure out on my own. pls help submitted by /u/brueglasshues [link] [comments]...
  6. KB4535547 stuck on getting ready

KB4535547 stuck on getting ready: KB4535547 update is stuck on getting ready for several hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4535547-stuck-on-getting-ready/44fbd33d-aa00-4f80-9a71-6ef66269d42e
  7. I need help.... it's been at "Getting things ready - 0%" for an hour. My Windows 10 version...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help.... it's been at "Getting things ready - 0%" for an hour. My Windows 10 version...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kekioli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epc7jp/i_need_help_its_been_at_getting_things_ready_0/
  8. New PC installation of Windows 10 freezes on "getting files ready for installation"

New PC installation of Windows 10 freezes on "getting files ready for installation": I have built a brand new PC and everything is set up correctly, got to installing Windows 10 using the USB drive that the package came with. I get as far as the "Getting files ready for installation %" and I have gotten as far as 87% before it freezes. The installation...
  9. Getting windows ready looping

Getting windows ready looping: Hi, I am Phoenix. My laptop was updating and it was taking a long time, so I power reseted computer but it's still getting windows ready. And I restarted couple of times but still getting windows ready. Also I tried to press F8 while starting PC, But It says BCD is not...
  10. Can't run programs, get "device not ready," can't run as admin except in safe mode, & more...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs, get "device not ready," can't run as admin except in safe mode, & more...: First, every possible relevant prior question post is locked. The solutions I've tried don't work. So here I am. My system: PC running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, Build 18362.476, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), Asus...