Windows 10: "Getting Windows Ready"

Discus and support "Getting Windows Ready" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was in the middle of a disk clean up in Windows 10. The process looked different that what I normally see, and I did a restart in the middle of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EileenD., Mar 13, 2020.

1. EileenD. Win User

"Getting Windows Ready"

I was in the middle of a disk clean up in Windows 10. The process looked different that what I normally see, and I did a restart in the middle of it. When my laptop came back on, it was a blue screen with the spinning wheel saying "Getting Windows Ready do not turn off your computer". It's been like this for a hour. Is this normal after the action I took and should I wait it out...or is it a problem?

:)

EileenD., Mar 13, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

"Getting Windows Ready"

Getting windows ready message stuck there forever even when there is nothing

Hi,

The "Getting windows ready" is a notification message for the update. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

• Press and hold the power button until it turned off.
    • Restart your computer and check if the message still appear.

Let us know if need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

"Getting Windows Ready"

1. "Getting Windows Ready" - Similar Threads - Getting Ready

2. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”: So I’m trying to factory reset my Windows 10 PC and when I select “install windows locally” it gets stuck on the second “getting things ready” screen. When I select “install windows through the cloud” it gets stuck at 1% completion on “resetting your pc”....
  3. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”: So I’m trying to factory reset my Windows 10 PC and when I select “install windows locally” it gets stuck on the second “getting things ready” screen. When I select “install windows through the cloud” it gets stuck at 1% completion on “resetting your pc”....
  4. Factory Reset Gets Stuck On “Getting Things Ready”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error “Getting files ready for installation” install fails a 43%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error “Getting files ready for installation” install fails a 43%: Hi :-My system: home builtMSI 5 Bios10700/32GB/3070TI/several HD/SSD’sWhat i have:Macrium backup of system USBWin 11 recovery USBWin 11 installation USB created from with Win 11Original win 8.1 dvd’s2 formatted M2’s I tried restoring to.I was getting too many crashes,...
  6. Error “Getting files ready for installation” install fails a 43%

Error “Getting files ready for installation” install fails a 43%: Hi :-My system: home builtMSI 5 Bios10700/32GB/3070TI/several HD/SSD’sWhat i have:Macrium backup of system USBWin 11 recovery USBWin 11 installation USB created from with Win 11Original win 8.1 dvd’s2 formatted M2’s I tried restoring to.I was getting too many crashes,...
  7. Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive: I'm going to be replacing everything in my PC except my ram, GPU and hard drive. I'll also be getting a new part that I don't currently have which is an SSD. I checked and windows is on my hard drive. Once I have everything put together what do I do from there to make sure...
  8. Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive

Getting windows ready on a new PC with the same Hard Drive: I'm going to be replacing everything in my PC except my ram, GPU and hard drive. I'll also be getting a new part that I don't currently have which is an SSD. I checked and windows is on my hard drive. Once I have everything put together what do I do from there to make sure...
  9. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

Computer formatting stuck on getting ready: Yesterday I tried to log in to my PC but the login crashed and corrupted, telling me I would need to reset my passcode but then my login completely disappeared. We logged in on my husbands account and it said there was no disk space. But the files I needed to delete were on...
  10. Computer formatting stuck on getting ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer formatting stuck on getting ready: Yesterday I tried to log in to my PC but the login crashed and corrupted, telling me I would need to reset my passcode but then my login completely disappeared. We logged in on my husbands account and it said there was no disk space. But the files I needed to delete were on...