Windows 10: Getting Word on new laptop

Discus and support Getting Word on new laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I replaced my laptop. My old laptop has Microsoft Word on it, can I put it on my new (Acer) laptop? Does "moving" it to my new computer mean I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akcpcc, Feb 6, 2020.

1. /u/akcpcc Win User

Getting Word on new laptop

So I replaced my laptop. My old laptop has Microsoft Word on it, can I put it on my new (Acer) laptop? Does "moving" it to my new computer mean I can't use it on my old one anymore? Thanks in advance, and if I'm in the wrong sub please point me in the right direction.

submitted by /u/akcpcc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akcpcc, Feb 6, 2020

2. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 6, 2020
  3. Anthony12 Win User
    Getting a new laptop

Yeah this is good that you are going to purcahse new laptop actually i am doing this business and deals in all kind of laptops and computer sales and repairs i would like to suggest you to purchase Core i5 or i7 laptop because this is the latest technology in the laptops which is very best and latest features .....

Give us a call

Anthony12, Feb 6, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting Word on new laptop - Similar Threads - Getting Word laptop

2. Not getting emails on my new laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting emails on my new laptop...: I've just acquired a new laptop and also purchased "Microsoft 365 Family". I can send and receive emails on phone. I can send emails on laptop, but can't receive emails. Regards Steven...
  3. Can't get into Word files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get into Word files: I can not get into several files, get the message "The ordinal 5641 could not be located in the dynamic link library...." Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-into-word-files/d8978504-baa5-4687-81c5-6c29ed5c1f5c
  4. An apparent bug in the new "Word"

in Microsoft Office and 365
    An apparent bug in the new "Word": After installing the new "Microsoft Office 365" I'm having a problem with the new version of Word. The "Page Number" and "Line Number" indicators in the "Status Bar" (lower left corner of screen) are not displaying correctly. (This is in "Print Layout" view, which is the mode...
  5. New style in Word as standard

in Windows 10 Customization
    New style in Word as standard: Can I have a new style in word as standard for all employees when opening Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-style-in-word-as-standard/307a1095-b92c-4840-a0f9-e42f25d22f54
  6. Word on my new laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Word on my new laptop: I thought I only need Word that comes with this Dell laptop. Must I buy 365 or Office? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-on-my-new-laptop/99902a2f-6823-47ea-b511-877b27923b78"
  7. How do I get Word/excel/powerpoint/onenote tranferred to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get Word/excel/powerpoint/onenote tranferred to new laptop: I have an annual subscription (paid upfront) for Word/Excel etc etc and want to transfer it to my new laptop but it keeps asking for a key which I don't have. The only options I'm getting is free 30 day trial and then to purchase. The other laptop is not available anymore...
  8. getting a word count for multiple word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting a word count for multiple word docs: Hi All, I am writing a book and now have 240 mini-chapters done, I think about two volumes worth. I can get the file explorer to show the word count for each of them but I can't find how to get a tally for all chapters together. I'm not married to doing this through file...
  9. Word and new windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and new windows update: I finally had to uninstall windows 10 since my computer would not function after the last update, it kept locking up, I had no choice, and I knew I would loose some things, I didn't think about backing it up in safe mode...I an no longer find Microsoft word. Did I loose it?...
  10. Suggestions for new word processor

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Suggestions for new word processor: I've been using Open Office on both my laptop where it runs perfectly and on my desktop where very common names such Haden, Cassidy etc. are red lined (well I see Haden got the old red line here too). Anyway, when I put a file with no red lining on my flash drive (from...