Windows 10: Getting X Box One Kinect Working on Win 10 PC

Discus and support Getting X Box One Kinect Working on Win 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I the bought necessary hardware for the Kinect and connected it to my computer. I want to use it both as a webcam and motion capture device. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gotsomequestions, May 22, 2020.

1. Getting X Box One Kinect Working on Win 10 PC

I the bought necessary hardware for the Kinect and connected it to my computer. I want to use it both as a webcam and motion capture device. After plugging in the Kinect, but before installing anything, I tried it as a webcam at

www.iobit.com/en/webcam-test.php

It identified the device as the Kinect, but I think it said something about not having permission to access camera. After that I found and installed Kinect Runtime and Kinect SDK. The website no longer recognized it as a Kinect after that. Also when I plugged in the Kinect it tried to download a driver or maybe I clicked on the device to search for one, but it never finishes downloading the driver.

In the Kinect SDK the Kinect Configuration verifier see attached image says two things are wrong.

For "graphics processor" it says

"No DirectX 11 capable GPU detected. If this is a laptop ensure it is powered as the active GPU can be dependant on power state."

I have a Win 10 desktop, Intel i7 2600k, with integrated graphic card, and 8gb of ram. I believe I'm directX 12. If the Kinect can't use an integrated graphics card tell me.

For the category "verify Kinect depth and color streams" it says

"Detects depth and stream latency"
    "Result: No depth frames received from Kinect"
    "Fps:0"

I'm not sure what to do next or whether I can get this to work. Please help me out here.

:)

gotsomequestions, May 22, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 22, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 22, 2020
  4. Getting X Box One Kinect Working on Win 10 PC

Cannot Get My Kinect Sensor to work on my new PC

Help! I can't get my Kinect Sensor to work on my new PC. I have downloaded the Kinect SDK but none of my programs will recognize it as a mic. The PC is running on Windows 10.

I have used this Kinect Sensor on previous PCs as a mic so I know that it works. Any help would be appreciated.

Michaelciv1, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Getting X Box One Kinect Working on Win 10 PC

1. Getting X Box One Kinect Working on Win 10 PC - Similar Threads - Getting Box Kinect

2. Cant connect X Box One controller to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant connect X Box One controller to PC: I have a micro usb cable (charging kit) but when I connect my xbox one controller to my PC it doesnt detect the controller at all and I have tried many things. I have windows 10 and my regular wired xbox360 controllers do work. Is the cable faulty? submitted by /u/Sneezes...
  3. X-Box One controller wireless is buggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X-Box One controller wireless is buggy: Hi there, I've had 2 X-Box One controllers for a while now, and they worked OK before (some issues, but usually worked). Now, ever since a few months ago, I simply can't use the wireless. They won't sync unless I go into "Bluetooth and other devices", delete the...
  4. Xbox One Kinect not working on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Kinect not working on PC: Hey there! I am here asking a questions about my Kinect. It shows up in my devices tab in the settings but before it did that it kept on disconnect and reconnecting. I tried plugging in the adapter to my laptop and the kinect worked perfectly fine on there but when I...
  5. 500GB X BOX ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500GB X BOX ONE: My space on the x-box is 500GB I have only used 300GB but I have no more space to download what could the problem be. I have deleted all the files I am not using Please help....
  6. kinect not working

kinect not working: i have a kinect for the xbox one but i wanted to use it with my computer but when i plug in the kinect to usb 3.0 it turns on and off until i unplug it but when i plug it in to usb 2.0 it works but the pc does not recognize it....
  7. Getting Xbox 360 Kinect working with Windows 10?

Getting Xbox 360 Kinect working with Windows 10?: Hi there, In response to this thread here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/driver-for-kinect-360-windows-10/684d6a83-257e-49f7-bb4b-8193ba022851 Trying to get the Xbox 360 Kinect working with Windows 10. It had worked once before, it remained...
  8. X Box Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X Box Win 10: Can I safely remove all x box apps from win 10 Home??? 128913
  9. 360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio

360 Kinect not working in Kinect studio: I recently got a Kinect and have noticed it does not work within Kinect studio as it displays a grey screen. I have tested the Kinect with an actual 360 and it works great. But when connected with an adapter the green light turns on and windows detects something was plugged...
  10. Making an Xbox 360 Kinect work on Win 10 x64?

Making an Xbox 360 Kinect work on Win 10 x64?: I picked up an original Xbox 360 Kinext and USB/power adapter for under $15. I'd like to use it for 3D scanning but so far haven't been able to get it working. I've found some old info, and a ton of people who have reading comprehension problems telling people asking about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox kinext windows `10 driver