Windows 10: Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

Discus and support Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is a brand new Windows 10 laptop from Best Buy. We set the PIN a few days ago. The user reset the PIN and can now not login with the old or... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CraigKornacki1, May 8, 2020.

1. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

This is a brand new Windows 10 laptop from Best Buy.

We set the PIN a few days ago.

The user reset the PIN and can now not login with the old or the new PIN.

They keep getting the message "You have entered an incorrect pin several times". See the screenshot Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up ffd8a3e1-13a8-4c99-86de-30deefeaed46?upload=true.png

Is there a way to reset it? A restart does not work. Thank you for your help, Craig

:)

CraigKornacki1, May 8, 2020
  2. DQChang Win User

I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message saying "The dictionary attack mitigation is traiggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider."

Why is this suddenly happening? Everything was working fine before.

Is my brand new PC compromised?

DQChang, May 8, 2020
  3. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I can use my MS password to get in, but the pin problem is real. Restarting does not allow the pin to be used. For several days now I get the same tired message: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, restart your device." Restarting
    changes nothing.

EdwinEisendrath, May 8, 2020
  4. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I will try waiting several days as you did. When steps are suggested they aren't understanding that there are no choice...the screen just says you have entered the wrong pin too many times....that's all. Then restart your computer. No other choices are
    on the screen.

GeorgiaBailey, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

1. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up - Similar Threads - Getting entered incorrect

2. Login: i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login: i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times: When trying to login on my asus laptop i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times it then asks me to try again using a1b2cr or i can use other options which are microsoft account password or pin . This is the first time i have been asked to do...
  3. several times a day i get this annoying message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    several times a day i get this annoying message: windows 10 users urged to download this government forms app of some type. I don't want it and don't think I need it. it is annoying as all getout and I want it to stop. any ideas?...
  4. The password you entered for your device is incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The password you entered for your device is incorrect: My hard drive failed and had to get a new one with a fresh install of Windows 10. When I try logging into my Microsoft account it has me enter the user ID then password then asks for my current password again... Every time it gives me the error "The password you entered for...
  5. 'Entered wrong PIN several times' when I haven't touched my laptop yet

'Entered wrong PIN several times' when I haven't touched my laptop yet: So everytime I would to just turn on my Laptop (not unlocking) and leave it be for few minutes, everytime I am about to unlock it to use my laptop, I see this message that tells me I have entered wrong PIN for several times, "Enter: A1B2C3" stuff. But really, no one has ever...
  6. I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up: I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message saying "The dictionary attack mitigation is traiggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider." Why is this...
  7. Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin: After installing the latest windows upgrade to my Windows 10 pro HP laptop, instead of my windows hello (face recognition) screen which I always got before the update without any issues, now I'm getting a login screen which reads “Your PIN is required to sign in” but there is...
  8. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Looks like this is a common issue "Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times" I am hitting this problem when my Dell XPS Desktop go to sleep and awake. I don't even type single key, but appears that some back ground process input random letters without me typing anything....
  9. When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect....

in Windows 10 Customization
    When my computer starts up, I get the message: "The user naame or password is incorrect....: Every time my Windows 10 PC restarts I get a message saying. "The Password or user name is incorrect. Please try again." I've set the computer to not require a PW on start up, but that is apparently ignored. I then must enter my password and the computer is fine. To make...
  10. WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?

WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?: make us wait some time but don't make us restart, it causes unnecessary damage to parts and is nothing but a scam to cause PC damage it provides ZERO extra security Stop it....