Windows 10: Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

Discus and support Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is a brand new Windows 10 laptop from Best Buy. We set the PIN a few days ago. The user reset the PIN and can now not login with the old or... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CraigKornacki1, May 8, 2020.

1. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

This is a brand new Windows 10 laptop from Best Buy.

We set the PIN a few days ago.

The user reset the PIN and can now not login with the old or the new PIN.

They keep getting the message "You have entered an incorrect pin several times". See the screenshot Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up ffd8a3e1-13a8-4c99-86de-30deefeaed46?upload=true.png

Is there a way to reset it? A restart does not work. Thank you for your help, Craig

:)

CraigKornacki1, May 8, 2020
  2. DQChang Win User

I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message saying "The dictionary attack mitigation is traiggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider."

Why is this suddenly happening? Everything was working fine before.

Is my brand new PC compromised?

DQChang, May 8, 2020
  3. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I can use my MS password to get in, but the pin problem is real. Restarting does not allow the pin to be used. For several days now I get the same tired message: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, restart your device." Restarting
    changes nothing.

EdwinEisendrath, May 8, 2020
  4. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

I will try waiting several days as you did. When steps are suggested they aren't understanding that there are no choice...the screen just says you have entered the wrong pin too many times....that's all. Then restart your computer. No other choices are
    on the screen.

GeorgiaBailey, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up

1. Getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when we start up - Similar Threads - Getting entered incorrect

2. “You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times…”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times…”: When I start up my Dell desktop, I got this message “ you entered an incorrect pin several times. To try again, enter.A1B2C3 below”. When I enter it, I get the pin login and enter the pin, I get another message “This sign-in option is disabled, because of failed sign-in...
  3. You've entered an incorrect PIN several times...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You've entered an incorrect PIN several times...: Hi, everyone. As I see it's an often issue but mine is a bit ridiculous.My little son tried his hacking skill and entered the pin multiple times so the laptop is locked now. I surfed the internet and tried to go thru step by step but no luck. I attach the screens. After I...
  4. You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times

You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times: My laptop keeps showing this prompt when I want to login. The challenge phrase takes me back to the pin box. When I enter the pin, it says wait two hours and try again. But it still doesn’t work after 2 hours. I have not set up finger print for this laptop. Any ideas?...
  5. You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times: My laptop keeps showing this prompt when I want to login. The challenge phrase takes me back to the pin box. When I enter the pin, it says wait two hours and try again. But it still doesn’t work after 2 hours. I have not set up finger print for this laptop. Any ideas?...
  6. You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times: I went to login to my computer this morning and it locked me out saying I’ve entered an incorrect pin several times, and gave me the challenge phrase to type in “A1B2C3” so I can “try again”. So I go to type out this phrase that it tells me to type out but when I try typing...
  7. You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times: I went to login to my computer this morning and it locked me out saying I’ve entered an incorrect pin several times, and gave me the challenge phrase to type in “A1B2C3” so I can “try again”. So I go to type out this phrase that it tells me to type out but when I try typing...
  8. You’ve entered an incorrect pin several times

9. how to remove "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" prompt: Ever since my girlfriend entered the wrong pin several times it asks me to input A1B2C3 along with the prompt "you have entered an incorrect pin several times" does anyone know how to get rid of it?...
  10. I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am getting "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up: I just started to get "You have entered an incorrect pin several times" message when I start up. When went to go to change my PIN I see a message saying "The dictionary attack mitigation is traiggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider." Why is this...