Windows 10: Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing

Discus and support Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11. I keep on getting a message " You'll need the Internet for this" even though the internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Y.l_261, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Y.l_261 Win User

Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing

I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11. I keep on getting a message " You'll need the Internet for this" even though the internet is connected . I would appreciate if someone can help. P.S. I don't remember making major PC changes or installing new software recently

:)

Y.l_261, Aug 17, 2022

2. Windows Voice Typing - Internet Error (all of a sudden)

I have been very happily using Voice Typing for the past 18 months, its been super reliable and very helpful.

However this morning when I hit WIN "H" I got a message that says "You'll need internet for this". I verified that my internet was ok, I tried wired, wireless, disconnect all bluetooth devices (so there was no shared internet...). Shut down and restarted multiple times, but nothing corrected the error I was getting.

I have tried to search for others having the same error with Voice typing, but I have found nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kevin McCarten, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Audio voice message "Network connection failure"

Each time I boot Win 10 or wake it up from sleep an annoying voice message is heard saying "Network connection failure." It's a female voice with a British accent. This is followed by the same voice saying "Internet connection established."

How do I get rid of this?

I thought it may have come from Skype, but Task Manager does not show Skype running nor is it in the Start up list?

Please tell me how to determine which program is generating this annoying voice.

Thanks!

Sam Stamport, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing - Similar Threads - Getting You'll need

2. "You'll need internet for this"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need internet for this": Every 30 minutes, Microsoft Accounts keep popping up with this message:"You'll need internet for this.""It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again""0x800704cf"I close it, thinking that I don't need it. But eventually, it pops...
  3. "You'll need internet for this"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need internet for this": Every 30 minutes, Microsoft Accounts keep popping up with this message:"You'll need internet for this.""It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again""0x800704cf"I close it, thinking that I don't need it. But eventually, it pops...
  4. Voice typing issue again occurs in less than two weeks with message 'You'll need the...

Voice typing issue again occurs in less than two weeks with message 'You'll need the...: I am facing the same problem again with voice typing in Windows 11 as I mentioned on 17 Aug.,2022. Today also, the voice typing is not working whether using Word file or browsing through voice typing. The Microsoft fixed it last time but it worked for less than two weeks. The...
  5. Voice typing issue again occurs in less than two weeks with message 'You'll need the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice typing issue again occurs in less than two weeks with message 'You'll need the...: I am facing the same problem again with voice typing in Windows 11 as I mentioned on 17 Aug.,2022. Today also, the voice typing is not working whether using Word file or browsing through voice typing. The Microsoft fixed it last time but it worked for less than two weeks. The...
  6. Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting " You'll need the Internet for this" message when voice typing: I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11. I keep on getting a message " You'll need the Internet for this" even though the internet is connected . I would appreciate if someone can help. P.S. I don't remember making major PC changes or installing new software...
  7. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  8. Voice input needs internet message when already connected

Voice input needs internet message when already connected: Hi all,I've been using Windows voice input Windows key + H quite successfully for several months. Today when I start it, it issues a message "You'll need the internet for this." I'm already connected to the internet and able to successfully navigate through the browser.I'm...
  9. Voice typing error in Windows 11 "You'll need the Internet for this."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice typing error in Windows 11 "You'll need the Internet for this.": I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11 whether using Word file or browsing through voice typing. The error is shown in the image I shared. But I am already connected to Internet. But still the problem persists. Why is voice typing not working ? Kindly help...
  10. Voice typing error in Windows 11 "You'll need the Internet for this."

Voice typing error in Windows 11 "You'll need the Internet for this.": I am facing a problem with voice typing in Windows 11 whether using Word file or browsing through voice typing. The error is shown in the image I shared. But I am already connected to Internet. But still the problem persists. Why is voice typing not working ? Kindly help...