Windows 10: Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This morning, we released Microsoft Edge Beta version 79, which is the final Beta before the new Microsoft Edge is generally available, also known as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...ate-get-ready/

:)

Brink, Nov 4, 2019

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 4, 2019
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge

1. Getting your sites ready for the new Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Getting sites ready

2. Microsoft Edge will let you add your favorite sites to the new Sidebar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will let you add your favorite sites to the new Sidebar.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vz105m/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_add_your_favorite/
  3. Is this site getting opened at your end?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this site getting opened at your end?: Offtopic: Hi Everyone! This question is bit off topic, not completely. I am using Windows 10 in my PC. I was looking for a query but the site didn't opened here. Can you guys check and inform me about thissite? Is it opening at your end or not?...
  4. The new Microsoft Edge is ready for the (virtual) classroom

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge is ready for the (virtual) classroom: [img] With remote learning, has come new challenges—not only for students, who may be learning online for the first time, but also for teachers, who must learn to support them in the process. Instruction, discussion, and feedback have all moved online overnight...
  5. Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge New Tab Top Sites Display Error: [ATTACH] As you can see my tabs are appearing incorrectly. They are showing up with white backgrounds when they should resemble the .ico color. This has been bothering me for a while and I have tried clearing all my settings. Although it worked in the past, this time it is...
  6. How to manage Site permissions on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Site permissions on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser contains capabilities for the user to customize the permissions given to a particular website. That includes various making use of different APIs to get user’s data needed to make the page work. It also [...]...
  7. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  8. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  9. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...
  10. Is your PC manufacture's web site ready for July 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    Is your PC manufacture's web site ready for July 29th: I was just checking out Lenovo's site today to see what's they have or for their recall news...etc. and stumbled upon their Windows 10 link Windows Support. [img] They are already getting ready*Smile. Date: July 09, 2015 Lenovo supported systems list for...