Windows 10: Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

Discus and support Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So I have a bit of HDD spaghetti I need to sort out so I felt it best to clone my windows 10 drive to an SSD as I will be transferring it to new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by evolooshun, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

So I have a bit of HDD spaghetti I need to sort out so I felt it best to clone my windows 10 drive to an SSD as I will be transferring it to new hardware (also a dell). Ive attached a screenshot of my current disk management screen on the original/old computer. Disk 0 is an old storage drive that had XP but I migrated over to Disk 2 a couple years ago and is the current Windows 10 boot drive. I cloned Disk 2 to Disk 1 using AOMEI Backupper Standard. My goal is to make Disk 1 boot on another pc. Currently if I do so it POSTs then loads a black screen with a flashing cursor which I think is fairly common for incorrect boot information or maybe no boot information at all. How do I prep this new drive to boot properly on the other hardware? Ive read a bunch online (and this forum) but Im not convinced which approach to test to fix it. Thanks in advanced!

This has the most potential but I dont think it will work because my drive is already cloned and theres no space to make Z: https://www.tenforums.com/newreply.p...eply&p=1789010

Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI [​IMG]

:)

evolooshun, Mar 15, 2021

2. boot from cloned ssd installed on cd drive

Thank you Denis; your assumptions are correct, I cloned the SSD using AOMEI backupper. I would use your suggestion as my next option. Currently, my objective is to keep the HHD as-is for backup and storage uses. I m essentially looking for a option to
    switch between SSD & HHD just by changing the BIOS boot order or something like that.

Thanks

Mahesh Dasari, Mar 15, 2021
  3. 0xc000000e windows 10 cloned on ssd

Hi all,

I've bought a lenovo y520-15IKBN, I want to clone the windows 10 system I had on my previous PC (dell vostro 1520) on my new ssd.

i switched SATA controler mode to AHCI because i couldn't see my ssd on lenovo PC.

I made a clone using Aomei backupper pro of my dell.

I installed it on my hdd using aomei.

booted on my hdd partition, cloned the hdd system on my ssd.

I now get 0xc000000e error on each booting on hdd and ssd.

and bootrec /rebuildbcd doesn't make it !

HELP ME PLEASE !! this is driving me MAD !

AymericJOUON, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI

1. Gettings SSD to Boot, Cloned with AOMEI - Similar Threads - Gettings SSD Boot

2. cloned ssd not booting windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cloned ssd not booting windows.: Hi - I have recently installed a 2nd faster m2 drive. I had the intention of moving everything over to the new ssd including windows to see if it would be a faster response when working with large CAD files. The existing Adata ssd was cloned over to the new samsung ssd, both...
  3. cloned ssd not booting windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloned ssd not booting windows.: Hi - I have recently installed a 2nd faster m2 drive. I had the intention of moving everything over to the new ssd including windows to see if it would be a faster response when working with large CAD files. The existing Adata ssd was cloned over to the new samsung ssd, both...
  4. cloned ssd not booting windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cloned SSD not booting on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned SSD not booting on Windows: I recently cloned my crucial MX500 1TB SSD from my hard drive successfully on a Dell XPS 8700 4th generation computer. When I removed the hard drive and installed the SSD into the same SATA slot and restarted the desktop I received an error code of 0xc0000225 indicating a...
  6. Cloned SSD not booting on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned SSD not booting on Windows: I recently cloned my crucial MX500 1TB SSD from my hard drive successfully on a Dell XPS 8700 4th generation computer. When I removed the hard drive and installed the SSD into the same SATA slot and restarted the desktop I received an error code of 0xc0000225 indicating a...
  7. SSD Cloned but won't boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SSD Cloned but won't boot: Greetings, I am trying to upgrade my laptop SSD into a larger size NVME. After looking up how to do that, I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD into the new one. I then replaced the old SSD with the new, but it did not boot. I checked this forum here and found a common...
  8. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: Hi, Apologies for this post, as I can see that many others have had this problem and have been given solutions, but the fix often involves writing some code in the command line and I'm not too familiar with this so don't want to try it without some help telling me what to...
  9. Cloned SSD won't boot

Cloned SSD won't boot: HP 17-G153US Laptop Windows 10 EaseUS Partition master 14 used to clone Here is a shot from EaseUs and my device manager. My cloned SSD wont boot when installed but will from usb connection. I have cloned hard drives without this much trouble in the past. Any help or...
  10. Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Clone HD to SSD with AOMEI and I get Error 5 "Failed to Lock: Wasn't sure what forum to this in: I'm trying to close my HD to an SSD with AOMEI Partition Assistant. It errored out right at the end with Error Code 5. It could not lock the volume. I rebooted as the instructions said and nothing. When plugged into USB it is indeed...