Windows 10: Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

Discus and support Gettting email with strange characters in senders address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently I have been getting many ads in my junk folder from senders with strange characters in their address: Example : The sender's address would be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportflyer, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

Recently I have been getting many ads in my junk folder from senders with strange characters in their address:

Example : The sender's address would be something like ÿÞ* < anyname @anydomain.com> where * could be any letter like V, S or T .

The body of the email looks like its an advertisement .

Any idea whats happening here ? Tks

:)

sportflyer, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Billy Med Win User

Delete email sender

You can try these steps:

1. Sign in to your Hotmail account.

2. Click Options located at the upper-right side of the page.

3. Select More Options.

4. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.

5. Click Blocked senders.

6. Enter the email address or domain on the box labeled Blocked email address or domain: and click Add to list >>.

Note: Please make sure that the email addresses that you have blocked are not included on your Safe sender's list and/or Contacts lists, otherwise, it would not work properly.

Let us know if you need further help with blocking an email address.

Billy Med, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Adding an email address as a safe sender or adding them to block list

Using the Mail app in windows 10 (not outlook) can you add an email address to a safe sender list

and also add an email address to a blocked list?

Thanks

Adamwindows, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

WM6 mailclient address-error

Hi everyone!

We encounter a very strange effect on WM6 devices. An email is sent to a recipient within the company via exchange 2003 server and is then replicated via active sync on a WM6 device. If this email is sent from a sender with a german special character in
    its name then the display name is split up into two parts. When answering to this mail on the mobile device there is no correct address available. Choosing the first name of the sender with the pen then the address is correct.

The names of persons without special characters is displayed in the mail list as follows:

Storck, Christian

People with special characters are displayed as follows:

Häfele, Birgit <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

When the mail is opened the address of the sender is displayed as this:

Häfele; Birgit <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

So the problem is, that the comma is being replaced by a semi-colon and we don not know why.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Christian

Christian Storck, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

1. Gettting email with strange characters in senders address - Similar Threads - Gettting email strange

2. Is this sender legitimate MW account team? *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this sender legitimate MW account team? *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: This is the email that I received and I'm concerned that my personal HOTMAIL account has been hacked AND that if I click on the links, I'll get a virus. Please help.We detected something unusual about a recent signin to the Microsoft account XYZ nSignin detailsCountry/region:...
  3. Can't read emails - strange characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't read emails - strange characters: Hi - I cannot read incoming emails on Microsoft Edge Windows 10 computer. The emails are written in unusual character and are totally unreadable. Please advise how I can rectify this. Thank you....
  4. Can't read emails - strange characters

Can't read emails - strange characters: Hi - I cannot read incoming emails on Microsoft Edge Windows 10 computer. The emails are written in unusual character and are totally unreadable. Please advise how I can rectify this. Thank you....
  5. Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email

Mail displays wrong sender address from forwarded email: I set up my foxmail account to forward emails to the outlook account, but the in Windows Mail, the sender email address is weird. It looks like it is some auto-forwarding account. When I click replay, it does recognize the actual sender email. Just not displaying it in the...
  6. Something strange behind email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  7. Something strange behind email address

Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  8. UNKNOWN email sender

UNKNOWN email sender: Been getting new emails that are junk from.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA InterestRatesExperts confirmation <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>_____________________________________________ From: XXXmy *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <DENNIS *** Email...
  9. Strange spam email address

Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...