Windows 10: GfW

Discus and support GfW in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, I own planty of GfW Games not played for some time or even never played so far. When I now installed Fable III again after a HDD-crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stefan..V, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Stefan..V Win User

GfW

Hello Microsoft, I own planty of GfW Games not played for some time or even never played so far. When I now installed Fable III again after a HDD-crash it did not start. When I try install GfW client manually it always states that there is a network problem and no connection. So I know that my internet connection is working well. So please give info how to get connected again to old GfW plattform or alternative way to activate and play old GfW games today under Windows 10. Last GfW Game played was 007 Ein Quantum Trost which was functional in 2020.

Thanks in advance

Stefan V.

:)

Stefan..V, Apr 17, 2021
  2. MadClown Win User

GFW Live

they are releasing the gfw live desktop market place sometime in december

MadClown, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    kernel security check failure win 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you with this issue.

This bug check KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

Method 1:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to uninstall the game and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To boot to Safe Mode follow these steps:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe mode, you may try to uninstall and the
    game and check if it works. To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      GFW client and click on Uninstall.

Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    GFW client before uninstalling it.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix common Blue Screen Errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 17, 2021
  4. GfW

GFW Gears of War Live Crashing

Original title: GFW Live Crashing

I've been using Games for Windows LIVE ever since Gears of War for PC was released. I installed it on my computers years ago, and it has worked perfectly fine since. And on every OS as well, no issues.

Present day, I have a brand new laptop, and uninstalled all the bloatware it came with. I want to play some Gears of War again because, ****, I love the game.

So I download GFW Live installer. It installs, leaves a shortcut on my desktop, and I save the installer to my backups folder.

I run the program and it gives me the login screen. I type my credentials, and click "sign in."

It immediately freezes itself, then crashes, and windows starts looking for a solution to the problem, blah blah blah.

It has full permissions, runs as admin, and is allowed through my firewall, and still refuses to work properly.

I'm using a Windows 10 machine, although all my other computers are running the same OS with a nearly identical setup as far as software goes, and they all run GFW Live just fine. I know it's an old, outdated platform, but there's no other way I can download
    and install Gears, that I'm aware of.

Google and other places have been utterly useless in helping me.

Bullet1520, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

GfW