Windows 10: GFWL and more 2020 year

Discus and support GFWL and more 2020 year in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have recently got fallout 3 on PC but i have a problem, this game work Windows game live who doesn't work today. So i have read many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sin_cope, Sep 15, 2020.

1. sin_cope Win User

GFWL and more 2020 year

Hi everyone, I have recently got fallout 3 on PC but i have a problem, this game work Windows game live who doesn't work today. So i have read many thread and in one of them I have find this URL http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient who normaly goes to a page whit the same thing in offline because the servers are close next to the 2014 year. So what I do now ?

Than you for your support !

P-S: i'mm belgian so i'm sorry for the faults

:)

sin_cope, Sep 15, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

GFWL discontinued

MS bailed out on GFWL several years ago without bothering to publish a patch to circumvent GFWL.

Game developers, and MS don't do compensation. Redundancy drives their business model.

I believe that reinstalling from disc would be more problematic than if still running games installed

before doing an 'upgrade' to Win10, or reinstalling download versions, which would (should) have been fixed.

- Steam will convert a disk key to a Steam key for maybe a couple of dozen GFWL games. I had to do this

with Bats-AC after the Win10 upgrade, but it wasn't necessary with Bats-AA. This and a couple of other

GFWL titles have always been happy to let me play off line without a fuss (PC off line before launching the game),

but others need a fix. The main trick with GFWL, buggy mess that it was, has always been to avoid

being connected after installing.

- I believe some developers have patched GFWL out of a few games as well.

The main fix is to use a hacked xlive.dll, commonly called a xliveless fix. Some games launched at lot easier

with the fix, even before MS dumped GFWL ( or reinvented it to whatever marketing gimmick is linked to the

'Windows Store' ).

I never checked to see if each game actually requires it's own fixed xlive.dll, but if the one in the game

has a key code for that game this would be likely.

Mod and fan sites would be the place to find the xliveless fix for a particular title.

BossDweeb, Sep 15, 2020
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    xbox/gfwl malfunction

The game was released in 2011 which is obviously new enough to run on Win10, which is does w/o
    any compatibility settings

(I'm using the disk based version).

"games for windows marketplace shows an error retrieving my purchase history in xbox live...

I've always thought that XBOX Live and Games For Windows Live (GFWL) were separate entities.

i sign in it asks for my game key it tells me it is invalid fix this or give me a new key "

This is one of the small number of games that Steam will allow users to 'migrate' to Steam, so Steam should accept your original

activation key before you download the Steam version.

I don't know if this applies to games originally purchased from the MS Store, but if Steam downloaded the game it will have accepted

your original activation key. This could still leave you with the GFWL issue if Steam haven't sorted GFWL out on this game though.

MS unceremoniously dumped GFWL several years ago with absolutely no consideration for people who owned games that

use GFWL (nothing new in the PC industries lack of support for issues they create though).

This has caused even more issues with GFWL than in the years that MS kept up 'support' for GFWL.

Multi-player is affected by this more than single player as you can use an
    xliveless
    fix (a hacked xlive.dll file) to get most GFWL

games to run in single player mode.

There is a link to an 'xliveless' fix in the article below.

Bulletstorm - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

BossDweeb, Sep 15, 2020
  4. MrNeeds Win User

GFWL and more 2020 year

gfwl

if your games are bought with the GFWL store, you would have gotten an email with your product key, you can register that key with steam and download it for free, there's always a way GFWL and more  2020 year :)

MrNeeds, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

GFWL and more 2020 year

1. GFWL and more 2020 year - Similar Threads - GFWL more 2020

2. Bought a 4 year warranty in 2020, it's nonexistent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a 4 year warranty in 2020, it's nonexistent.: In 2020 I bought a razer blade 15 laptop with a 4 year warranty. The receipt says "PerformanceGuard Protection Plan for Laptops/Tablets 4-year"I cannot find anything about how to use this. I have contacted support, I found a chat line and they told me to call the sales...
  3. The GFWL client can't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The GFWL client can't open: When I open GFWL client, it says "Connection error".So, recently, I was going to fix GFWL on YouTube and some websites, but after that, it didn't work.I have installed Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant and GFWL. When I play the game, Batman Arkham Asylum, it works perfectly...
  4. re5 gfwl wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re5 gfwl wont work: i tried to sign in to gfwl from resident evil 5, it required me to update the client and i did so, then the game restarted but the gfwl dashboard won't appear anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re5-gfwl-wont-work/4c7b8c77-5edf-4667-912a-e7f342ad3690
  5. re5 gfwl wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re5 gfwl wont work: i tried to sign in to gfwl from resident evil 5, it required me to update the client and i did so, then the game restarted but the gfwl dashboard won't appear anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re5-gfwl-wont-work/4c7b8c77-5edf-4667-912a-e7f342ad3690
  6. Halo 2 GFWL Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo 2 GFWL Activation: I bought halo 2 vista second hand but when i try to activate it , it says that the product key was used too many times, Anybody can supply me with a new key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/halo-2-gfwl-activation/c7ff0a76-aef6-436d-bff2-c1dd196c9a88
  7. GFWL sign in problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GFWL sign in problem: I know this is quite late, but I downgraded my GTA IV and wanted to play online, but when I try to log in to GFWL, I type my email, and it gives me a password that I cannot change, even if I type my password first, it changes, and if I click log in, there is an infinite...
  8. GFWL keep disconnecting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    GFWL keep disconnecting: The game sometimes disconnects from Windows Live when I am playing. It is GTA IV that is a game for Windows Live. I tried to delete my Live profile, I verified game data from Steam. But this didn’t help to fix the issue....
  9. GFWL Marketplace No longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GFWL Marketplace No longer working: Recently RE-installed GFWL MarketPlace so i could download my gfwl Library. But it is not working on windows 10? I sign in. It gives me, error retrieving purchase history. Nothing fixes it, it seems to be an issue elsewhere? I installed games i had on disk. I set...
  10. gfwl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gfwl: I have just installed windows 10 and installed gfwl. But when i login it fails to find my purchase history. I'm unable to install any of my games. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling nothing has worked. Anyone know how i can fix this so i can install my games? 29388