Windows 10: gfx card driver version problems

Discus and support gfx card driver version problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have an nvidia gtx650 gfx card and i'm using driver version 391.xx, which runs like it should. but when ever i use a driver update software or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paul74080353, Apr 1, 2021.

1. gfx card driver version problems

i have an nvidia gtx650 gfx card and i'm using driver version 391.xx, which runs like it should. but when ever i use a driver update software or the windows built in update software, even the geforce experience app they all tell that there's an update for my card. i've downloaded dozens of times these recommendations and always get the same damn error. driver version 461.xx downloads, does the usual compatebility check, installs the driver. i restart the machine everything seems cool until i try to open the control panel........ and BAM it tells me this is'nt compatible

:)

paul74080353, Apr 1, 2021

2. Intel GFX driver not update

Hi, all!

Found that this is old problem? But it still not solved...

For example in this topic:

Windows updates keeps installed old driver after I manual Install new one

In Windows 10, Intel GFX driver not updating. Automatically windows update set the old version, original Intel installer with version from 13 February 2018 say than current 2016 driver is up to date. Manually driver setting to new one, but that the problem
    with automatic update? Three years?

Evgeniy A. Yarosh, Apr 1, 2021
  3. PlikkyDee Win User
    Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

Alright chaps, did a fresh unplug and replug with all the fun fiddling in between, still no joy. Going to dig an old GFX card out of the loft tomorrow and see if I can install that. If that works, it's probably the GFX card having died, if not I guess
    it's the motherboard? Thanks anyway chaps, I'll update you tomorrow.

PlikkyDee, Apr 1, 2021
  4. gfx card driver version problems

Graphic Card driver problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed that Windows 10 drivers are not yet available for your computer model, Dell needs to update them on their website.

As a workaround I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver

I suggest you to try uninstalling the Display Adapter driver and then install the driver from check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Method 3

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Reference:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/optiplex-780/drivers

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

gfx card driver version problems

1. gfx card driver version problems - Similar Threads - gfx card driver

2. GFX card install.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  3. GFX card install.

GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  4. Raid Card Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raid Card Driver Problems: I just had my gaming computer fail, and I transferred all six of it's hard drives into an older backup machine, using a SATA expansion card to give me enough slots. However, now every HDD plugged into the SATA expansion card shows up as a USB drive. When I attempt to open...
  5. Graphical card driver not compatible with this version of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical card driver not compatible with this version of windows: Hello ! Today I noticed that some of my games lunched on the cpu instead of the gpu. So I wanted to change that but I didn't got accès to the nvidia control panel. I search that problem on Google and found that the last solution (other solutions failed) is to uninstall the...
  6. Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised: Hi guys, turned my PC on this morning to find that the resolution has changed and I could no longer change it back. Quick investigation shows that my computer no longer recognises completely that I have a graphics card installed. It's an old 660ti but it's been doing the...
  7. 2 Gfx cards/2 monitors: How can I assign a single card for each?

2 Gfx cards/2 monitors: How can I assign a single card for each?: I have 2 graphics cards ASUS GTX 1080 & MSI RTX 2080 Super, and 2 monitors a 4k Vizio tv and 4k ultra-wide. I have Display Port running the 2080 to the ultra-wide monitor, and hdmi running from the MOBO port to the TV. I want the TV to be controlled by the 1080, but I cannot...
  8. Realtek driver/sound card problems

Realtek driver/sound card problems: Recently my headphones wouldnt connect to my computer, I've updated all my drivers from their site and my motherboard drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I've tried many things but nothing would change. My computer is a Windows 10 Home and an ASUS H310...
  9. Smart Card Reader driver problem

Smart Card Reader driver problem: Hello! So, I ended up here because I didn't know what else to do. I have a problem with my Smart Card Reader(ID-Card). Windows doesn't let me install drivers for it manually, neither did it install them automatically. It all happened after updating Windows to the Anniversary...
  10. W10 & GFX Compatibility

W10 & GFX Compatibility: I have W10 on my laptop and the graphic cards are being shown as incompatible and am currently using Windows VGA mode. I have dual card one for battery and one for elec plug in Radeon HD 4xxx series and HD 5xxx series respectively. Does anyone have a line on when...