Windows 10: GFX card install.

Discus and support GFX card install. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mikeblom13, May 24, 2021.

1. GFX card install.

Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up.

That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along
    with an 6pin with a detached 2pin.
    Like I said , I don't want to screw this up. So, do I populate all 16 connections on the back of my 3070?

Thank you.

mikeblom13, May 24, 2021
  2. PlikkyDee Win User

Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

Alright chaps, did a fresh unplug and replug with all the fun fiddling in between, still no joy. Going to dig an old GFX card out of the loft tomorrow and see if I can install that. If that works, it's probably the GFX card having died, if not I guess
    it's the motherboard? Thanks anyway chaps, I'll update you tomorrow.

PlikkyDee, May 24, 2021
  3. AndyBroke Win User
    Gfx card

I am planning to get a hd5850 or 5870, but i still got a free pcie slot available.
    So i think I am going to fill it up with a gfx card for folding. It have to be a single slot card. Any suggestions?
    Do you think a corsair 850w psu is powerful enough to drive a hd5870 a gts250 a single slot gfx card and a overclocked 920?

AndyBroke, May 24, 2021
  4. GFX card install.

Cant get a newly built computer to recognize my GFX Card.

Hey Guys,

So I just built a Gaming PC within the last week. When initially built it would not recognize my GFX Card. After part swapping with a lower end GFX card from a buddy we assumed it was the port on the mother board and I exchanged the MB for a different one,
    since the one I had bought had a lot of DOA reviews.

Well the new MB has been installed and we are getting the exact same problem. The computer will not even recognize there is a GFX card attached. We've tried deleting files and reinstalling them (Associated with the GFX Card) and nothing. Nothing in device
    manager or anything. I'm still pretty new to building but my buddy who is more versed is completely stumped. We have literally no idea. He seems to think something with the OS might not have been installed but we honestly have no clue what to do our where
    to look to figure this out.

Here's what we are working with.

MB - Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A

GFX Card - XFX Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 R9-390P-8256 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossfireX

Any other components that would help figure this out, just let me know and I will post them up. Any help or places to look would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

DroopyJoey, May 24, 2021
Thema:

GFX card install.

1. GFX card install. - Similar Threads - GFX card install

2. Can i adjust the shared video memory on a GTX 1050 2GB gfx card via the registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i adjust the shared video memory on a GTX 1050 2GB gfx card via the registry?: Hi guys.I have a GTX 1050 2GB graphics card.Via the registry on Windows 10, can i alter the shared video memory size?And if yes what is the registry entry settings?Thanks...
  3. GFX card install.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GFX card install.: Last week I got my hands on a EVGA 3070. My question is this and I don't want to mess anything up. That card has (2) 8 pin connections. My EVG cable coming off the 850 watt PSU has (1) 8pin connections along with an 6pin with a detached 2pin. Like I said , I don't want to...
  4. gfx card driver version problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gfx card driver version problems: i have an nvidia gtx650 gfx card and i'm using driver version 391.xx, which runs like it should. but when ever i use a driver update software or the windows built in update software, even the geforce experience app they all tell that there's an update for my card. i've...
  5. Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised

Nvidia GFX Card No Longer Recognised: Hi guys, turned my PC on this morning to find that the resolution has changed and I could no longer change it back. Quick investigation shows that my computer no longer recognises completely that I have a graphics card installed. It's an old 660ti but it's been doing the...
  6. Windows 10 GFX issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 GFX issues: Hi all The thread below is where this all started, getting win32base.sys error and also nvlddmkm.sys error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/win32kbasesys-and-nvlddmkmsys-bsods/9890c9da-5460-4ccb-a659-26b13ba4e9df?tm=1593695980173...
  7. 2 Gfx cards/2 monitors: How can I assign a single card for each?

2 Gfx cards/2 monitors: How can I assign a single card for each?: I have 2 graphics cards ASUS GTX 1080 & MSI RTX 2080 Super, and 2 monitors a 4k Vizio tv and 4k ultra-wide. I have Display Port running the 2080 to the ultra-wide monitor, and hdmi running from the MOBO port to the TV. I want the TV to be controlled by the 1080, but I cannot...
  8. Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop

Not BSoD, tried installing new GFX Card, stuck in Startup Repair Loop: I purchased a new GFX card, my power supply wasn't good enough for it, so I took it out, and now when my computer boots it boots in to start up repair and loops, this is what the message says (I'm typing this out from my room mates computer): Problem Signature: Problem...
  9. ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't

ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) works, but 3200-series (onboard) doesn't: Gateway DX4300 with ATI Radeon 5550 (gfx card) 3200-series (onboard) - Display Driver (device mgr): AMD Radeon HD 5500 Series and ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (working properly) 2 Gateway HX2000: 1 DVI-D, 1 VGA - both detected and named properly Third monitor: Dell 1905FP...
  10. W10 & GFX Compatibility

W10 & GFX Compatibility: I have W10 on my laptop and the graphic cards are being shown as incompatible and am currently using Windows VGA mode. I have dual card one for battery and one for elec plug in Radeon HD 4xxx series and HD 5xxx series respectively. Does anyone have a line on when...