Windows 10: Ghost account in calendar and people app

Discus and support Ghost account in calendar and people app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stedmister, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Ghost account in calendar and people app

I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also seem to have a blank Microsoft account in these two apps. No other account I have is syncing with these two apps at all. Anyone have any suggestions? I resetted the apps, replace install windows, removed MS accounts, yet these non yes accounts and the black one are still there. I have spoke with MS support and well, they not much help beside reinstalling the OS. Fix this issue MS, and these are on outlook.com or any other service

Ghost account in calendar and people app d75b6ed0-04b2-4f2d-80d2-8e1070300010?upload=true.jpg

:)

Stedmister, Oct 9, 2019

2. Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

Hi. Acelyn Alc

No I did not and I am not going to perform the suggested steps. All I want is to inform people that the latest software versions did not help me.

Microsoft has to solve this. Not me. And they will. They did on my 950.

Edit: update to version 17.8104.42387.0. Still the ghost account.

Edit: update to version: 17.8119.42377.0. Still the ghost account.

Gerard Corbier, Oct 9, 2019
  3. BellaD 10 Win User
    Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

I'm not going mad! I just found this thread and thank goodness. I've been having this problem, exact same issues with ghost account in the Calendar, and cannot fix it. I have reinstalled Windows 10, system restored, uninstalled and reinstalled the app
    (multiple times), got Tech to remote in to my desktop, reset the app etc etc. Nothing works. I always get the ghost account appearing after using the app, and most annoyingly as soon as the ghost account appears you cannot change the default reminder time
    for appointments. You can set it to 30 minutes - on reopening the item it's defaulted back to 15 minutes. And, when you click on the agenda on the task bar calendar colours do not show as they are on the calendar and the birthday calendar disappears. What
    is going on Microsoft? I have no solutions just endless annoyance and time wasted. Two further matters of interest. This problem only appears for me on a Surface Pro 4. I also use an older Surface Pro 3. No problems on that machine. Why the difference?
    Second point. According to the Microsoft Tech my account isn't set up to have a focused inbox. That's true for the Outlook web app, and for Outlook 2016. However, it appears on the Mail app. My solution? Uninstall the Mail and Calendar app, and use only
    Outlook 2016 for email and a third party live tile app for Calendar. Can somebody at Microsoft please work this out?

BellaD

BellaD 10, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

Hi Barbkevn. I believe the Support Engineers are right---it does appear that the "Microsoft account" calendar is a local account calendar. And I think
    it is only created when the Mail or Calendar app is opened before email accounts are fully setup in the Windows 10 settings.

I was able to replicate/confirm the last part when resetting two computers yesterday.

On Computer #1, after resetting I immediately went to Windows 10 Settings->Email & app accounts->selected the email account that's my Microsoft account (felixwong.com domain) and clicked Manage->Change mailbox sync settings->Turn on email sync.

Only afterward did I first open up the Mail and Calendar apps. No "Microsoft Account" was listed in Calendar:

Ghost account in calendar and people app 5e3d4947-7b80-45fb-a3ac-68a39f6d256c.png

On Computer #2, after resetting, I opened up the Mail app. (I didn't look at the Calendar, but I'd bet if I did open it, "Microsoft account" would be listed.) And then I went into Windows 10 Settings->Email & app accounts->selected the email account that's
    my Microsoft account (felixwong.com domain) and clicked Manage->Change mailbox sync settings->Turn on email sync.

The result is that on that computer, I have both a "Microsoft account" listed and a "felixwong.com" account listed:

Ghost account in calendar and people app 791a4ab8-ebbb-4777-bbb1-d3f3d9a13974.png

Events added to the "Microsoft account" calendar do not sync to Outlook.com (logged in with my Microsoft account credentials, which is the email with the felixwong.com domain). So I believe it truly is a local calendar.

I can also cause Computer #1 to have the "Microsoft account" calendar created/listed by simply deleting my felixwong.com email account in either the Windows 10 settings or the Mail app. It sort of makes sense the "Microsoft account" would be listed/created:
    no cloud accounts now are associated with the Calendar, so there needs to be some sort of local calendar in the event you wanted to add events.

Unfortunately, even after cloud email accounts are set up again in Windows, there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid that "Microsoft account" calendar from the Calendar app except to reset the computer and set it up in the manner I did with Computer #1
    above.

Until someone discovers a way to delete the calendar--or Microsoft implements a way--I'd suggest that you un-expand "Microsoft account" so it is not listing "Calendar" underneath it, to keep it as minimal and un-distracting as possible. I.e., ignore it
    the best you can. Ultimately, while having this unused local calendar listed looks "unclean," it is a minor issue that causes no problems with functionality.

Ideally, Microsoft would mitigate this issue by doing one of the following:

• Allow deletion of "Microsoft account" calendar when a cloud-connect account is added.
    • Don't call it "Microsoft account" in the first place. Call it something like "Local account." This would go a long ways in reducing the confusion it's caused, as the name causes many people to think that this calendar gets sync'd to their Microsoft account
      calendars in the cloud.

-Felix Wong

FelixWong_, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Ghost account in calendar and people app

1. Ghost account in calendar and people app - Similar Threads - Ghost account calendar

2. Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.: G'day,I have been trying for a while to sign into iCloud in the People and Calendar apps. At first I used my real password, then the app-specific passwords. Apple says that having the iCloud app installed on your computer means that you can use your real password, but MS says...
  3. Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.: G'day,I have been trying for a while to sign into iCloud in the People and Calendar apps. At first I used my real password, then the app-specific passwords. Apple says that having the iCloud app installed on your computer means that you can use your real password, but MS says...
  4. Signing into iCloud Account on People or Calendar.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App: I have a Surface Pro and am trying to sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App. I add the account under accounts, then change the password to an app specific password in the calendar but then two things happen. The first is the calendar...
  6. Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App

Sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App: I have a Surface Pro and am trying to sync my iCloud Calendar and Contacts with Windows 11 Calendar App and People App. I add the account under accounts, then change the password to an app specific password in the calendar but then two things happen. The first is the calendar...
  7. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  8. Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google account wont sync with People/Calendar app: I'm only interested in syncing contacts and calendar. I tried adding my Google account , turned on the sync options. Neither of them would sync. When I tried adding another Google account then it works. The other one I have does not have gmail set up. I really would like to...
  9. Mail app ghost account

Mail app ghost account: Hi there, So I have a gmail account in the mail app, but for some reason i can't remove this account i can't open the account settings and no mails are displayed. I have already searched about this but didn't really find anything helpfull. Even resetting the app and...
  10. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....