Windows 10: Ghost account in calendar and people app

Discus and support Ghost account in calendar and people app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stedmister, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Ghost account in calendar and people app

I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also seem to have a blank Microsoft account in these two apps. No other account I have is syncing with these two apps at all. Anyone have any suggestions? I resetted the apps, replace install windows, removed MS accounts, yet these non yes accounts and the black one are still there. I have spoke with MS support and well, they not much help beside reinstalling the OS. Fix this issue MS, and these are on outlook.com or any other service

Ghost account in calendar and people app d75b6ed0-04b2-4f2d-80d2-8e1070300010?upload=true.jpg

:)

Stedmister, Oct 9, 2019

2. Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

Hi. Acelyn Alc

No I did not and I am not going to perform the suggested steps. All I want is to inform people that the latest software versions did not help me.

Microsoft has to solve this. Not me. And they will. They did on my 950.

Edit: update to version 17.8104.42387.0. Still the ghost account.

Edit: update to version: 17.8119.42377.0. Still the ghost account.

Gerard Corbier, Oct 9, 2019
  3. BellaD 10 Win User
    Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

I'm not going mad! I just found this thread and thank goodness. I've been having this problem, exact same issues with ghost account in the Calendar, and cannot fix it. I have reinstalled Windows 10, system restored, uninstalled and reinstalled the app
    (multiple times), got Tech to remote in to my desktop, reset the app etc etc. Nothing works. I always get the ghost account appearing after using the app, and most annoyingly as soon as the ghost account appears you cannot change the default reminder time
    for appointments. You can set it to 30 minutes - on reopening the item it's defaulted back to 15 minutes. And, when you click on the agenda on the task bar calendar colours do not show as they are on the calendar and the birthday calendar disappears. What
    is going on Microsoft? I have no solutions just endless annoyance and time wasted. Two further matters of interest. This problem only appears for me on a Surface Pro 4. I also use an older Surface Pro 3. No problems on that machine. Why the difference?
    Second point. According to the Microsoft Tech my account isn't set up to have a focused inbox. That's true for the Outlook web app, and for Outlook 2016. However, it appears on the Mail app. My solution? Uninstall the Mail and Calendar app, and use only
    Outlook 2016 for email and a third party live tile app for Calendar. Can somebody at Microsoft please work this out?

BellaD

BellaD 10, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Calendar/People app issue regarding 'ghost Microsoft account' & 'UniversalOutlook'

Hi Barbkevn. I believe the Support Engineers are right---it does appear that the "Microsoft account" calendar is a local account calendar. And I think
    it is only created when the Mail or Calendar app is opened before email accounts are fully setup in the Windows 10 settings.

I was able to replicate/confirm the last part when resetting two computers yesterday.

On Computer #1, after resetting I immediately went to Windows 10 Settings->Email & app accounts->selected the email account that's my Microsoft account (felixwong.com domain) and clicked Manage->Change mailbox sync settings->Turn on email sync.

Only afterward did I first open up the Mail and Calendar apps. No "Microsoft Account" was listed in Calendar:

Ghost account in calendar and people app 5e3d4947-7b80-45fb-a3ac-68a39f6d256c.png

On Computer #2, after resetting, I opened up the Mail app. (I didn't look at the Calendar, but I'd bet if I did open it, "Microsoft account" would be listed.) And then I went into Windows 10 Settings->Email & app accounts->selected the email account that's
    my Microsoft account (felixwong.com domain) and clicked Manage->Change mailbox sync settings->Turn on email sync.

The result is that on that computer, I have both a "Microsoft account" listed and a "felixwong.com" account listed:

Ghost account in calendar and people app 791a4ab8-ebbb-4777-bbb1-d3f3d9a13974.png

Events added to the "Microsoft account" calendar do not sync to Outlook.com (logged in with my Microsoft account credentials, which is the email with the felixwong.com domain). So I believe it truly is a local calendar.

I can also cause Computer #1 to have the "Microsoft account" calendar created/listed by simply deleting my felixwong.com email account in either the Windows 10 settings or the Mail app. It sort of makes sense the "Microsoft account" would be listed/created:
    no cloud accounts now are associated with the Calendar, so there needs to be some sort of local calendar in the event you wanted to add events.

Unfortunately, even after cloud email accounts are set up again in Windows, there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid that "Microsoft account" calendar from the Calendar app except to reset the computer and set it up in the manner I did with Computer #1
    above.

Until someone discovers a way to delete the calendar--or Microsoft implements a way--I'd suggest that you un-expand "Microsoft account" so it is not listing "Calendar" underneath it, to keep it as minimal and un-distracting as possible. I.e., ignore it
    the best you can. Ultimately, while having this unused local calendar listed looks "unclean," it is a minor issue that causes no problems with functionality.

Ideally, Microsoft would mitigate this issue by doing one of the following:

• Allow deletion of "Microsoft account" calendar when a cloud-connect account is added.
    • Don't call it "Microsoft account" in the first place. Call it something like "Local account." This would go a long ways in reducing the confusion it's caused, as the name causes many people to think that this calendar gets sync'd to their Microsoft account
      calendars in the cloud.

-Felix Wong

FelixWong_, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Ghost account in calendar and people app

1. Ghost account in calendar and people app - Similar Threads - Ghost account calendar

2. People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  3. Missing Accounts in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Accounts in Calendar App: Hi. I've had my Surface Book 2 for about a year now, however, for about a couple of weeks my accounts on the Calendar app have been removed except for my 365 Account. I've been using 2 other gmail accounts as well as a yahoo account but these are now missing. I've gone...
  4. Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch

Mail&Calendar and People App crash soon after launch: Hardware: Surface pro 3 Software: Windows 10(1803 , OS internal ver 17134.345) 1. First time I was realized my Mail app has some issues with the IMAP account, which cannot receive new mail. Than I tried to edit the account settings, but the account setting dialogue won't...
  5. People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    People app: Hello. I want to delete ALL THE CONTACTS in my people app. Sadly it seems you can only delete 50 at a time ?! I get you cant send them all but I dont have enough time/patience/energy to delete my 3600 contacts by 50. Any other way pls ? I will die....
  6. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....
  7. Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff)

Can't install "Mail, Calendar and People" app (errorcode 0x80073cff): I had "Mail Calendar and People" app installed on my Windows 10 build 9926, then 10041 update came and after it finished installing, that app was gone! And since then I couldn't install it back, gives the errorcode 0x80073cff as you can see on the screenshot below: [img]...
  8. Communication Apps Suite: Mail, People, Calendar but no Tasks?

Communication Apps Suite: Mail, People, Calendar but no Tasks?: So in the built-in PIM apps inside Windows, is there actually an official app to sync Outlook.com Tasks? I currently already have my phone synced to Outlook.com just fine, but to manipulate Tasks on my desktop, I can only resort to the browser. 82667
  9. Cannot remove accounts in People app

Cannot remove accounts in People app: Hi, I cannot find out how to remove accounts within the Windows 10 People App. Can anyone tell me how? 31616
  10. Error code: 0x80070424 Mail, People, Calendar Apps

Error code: 0x80070424 Mail, People, Calendar Apps: Hey guys first i want too thank U guys to take your precious time to look at this thread So guys my problem is Mail, People, Calendar apps whenever i want to add an account and choose any of the accounts . it will gave me an Error code: 0x80070424 Mail, People,...