Windows 10: Ghost Audio

Discus and support Ghost Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was just randomly doing stuff on my computer, with a Youtube video playing music in the background. I paused it at one point, only for another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Levasier, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Levasier Win User

Ghost Audio

So I was just randomly doing stuff on my computer, with a Youtube video playing music in the background. I paused it at one point, only for another 'video' to start playing audio. By pressing the volume buttons I could see that it was another yt video playing, a documentary called 'Time Team Special' from an account named Fillask - not entirely sure that's relevant but oh well. However, I couldn't find the source of this audio anywhere. I had no tabs like that open, not had ever watched anything similar at all. I was even more surprised when I closed down Google and the audio continued playing. I then closed everything open, and searched through Task Manager, and still couldn't find what on earth could be providing the audio. Checking the people in my house, no-one else was watching a Youtube video like that either, and my computer wasn't connected to any device through bluetooth.

Does anyone know what could be causing this 'ghost' audio to play?

:)

Levasier, Jun 16, 2020

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Ghost Audio

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Ghost Audio

1. Ghost Audio - Similar Threads - Ghost Audio

2. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  3. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  4. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ghost Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  6. Ghost Work Account

Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  7. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  8. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  9. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  10. Ghost Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost Audio: So I was just randomly doing stuff on my computer, with a Youtube video playing music in the background. I paused it at one point, only for another 'video' to start playing audio. By pressing the volume buttons I could see that it was a documentary 'Time Team Special' from an...