Windows 10: Ghost Bubbles on my touch screen - surface pro 4

Discus and support Ghost Bubbles on my touch screen - surface pro 4 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; earlier i have been battling with jumping screen. now these ghost bubbles are making my life miserable. my surface pro is 3 years old. these things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by v ramanagundamaraju, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Ghost Bubbles on my touch screen - surface pro 4

earlier i have been battling with jumping screen. now these ghost bubbles are making my life miserable. my surface pro is 3 years old. these things have started about 2 months back. sometimes they appear immediately after starting work and sometimes mercifully starts after some time. it happens irrespective of - whether you are on browser or any other application. Mouse starts misbehaving, cursor moves erratically and is totally out of control.

i tried several methods suggested in some of the threads - including uninstalling "HDI Compliant - touchscreen driver" and shutting off and restarting the PC again. drivers got restored but problem remains.

however, I am curious to know why there are several drivers under "Human Interface Devices" with same name - for example:

HDI Compliant Consumer control device - appears twice

HDI Compliant system controller - appears twice

HDI Compliant touchscreen - twice

HDI Compliant vendor defined device - appears 8 times

USB input device - appears twice

i am not sure if this is normal. Or is it that multiple numbers of same drivers leading to ghosting and bubbles formation?

In any case what i need is a solution to this problem. Microsoft seems to be behaving irresponsibly with its customers. I am not getting any satisfactory solution to this problem.

G V Ramana

:)

v ramanagundamaraju, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 4 (12 April 2018) Surface

Brink, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro 4 - April 12

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 4 (12 April 2018) Surface

Brink, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Ghost Bubbles on my touch screen - surface pro 4

Ghost Bubbles

When you touch a touchscreen it creates a "bubble" where your finger is. Ghost bubbles are created by an issue with the computer's touchscreen Human Interface Device. The screen thinks you touching it, makes "ghost bubbles" in rapid succession, and the
    mouse therefore doesn't react correctly either and you can't do anything about it other than disable or delete the HID. Every time your machine is restarted, Windows automatically restarts/reinstalls the Touchscreen HID and you have to start all over again
    trying to remove it.

LarryWest1, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Ghost Bubbles on my touch screen - surface pro 4

1. Ghost Bubbles on my touch screen - surface pro 4 - Similar Threads - Ghost Bubbles touch

2. Ghost bubbles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost bubbles: i am having problems with ghost bubbles on windows 11. i looked up ways to fix it but no solutions help. i use the touchscreen for work and such so i cant really just turn it off....
  3. Ghost bubbles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost bubbles: i am having problems with ghost bubbles on windows 11. i looked up ways to fix it but no solutions help. i use the touchscreen for work and such so i cant really just turn it off....
  4. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  5. Touch on screen - surface pro 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch on screen - surface pro 8: I would like to be able to wake my surface pro 8 by touching the screen. I found this document...
  6. Ghost screen grabs and shadows (Surface Pro 4)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost screen grabs and shadows (Surface Pro 4): my screen has a shadow at the bottom and top edge. Also, when I watch Netflix or other video formats, the screen keeps taking ghost stills and flickering. The ghost image remains even if I close the video and or program. Does anyone know what's up?...
  7. Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Jumpy Surface Pro 4 Screen: My Surface Pro 4 has been having issues with a jumpy screen for a while now, but for the first several months the issue would go away upon restarting. Now it happens all the time. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how hot the computer gets, the blurriness remains...
  8. My Surface Pro 4 no longer has touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Surface Pro 4 no longer has touch screen: Since updating it seems to be related to firmware update call surface ME anyone else had this problem, when switching on it started up and I only had voice commands, I now am using it with keyboard and mouse....
  9. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 4 TOUCH-PAD ISSUE: Hello Sir, My name is Sandeep Kumar I am a system administrator in IT.I have Microsoft surface pro 4 I have installed win 10 and updated all related software from the Microsoft site.But my concern is that when i am trying to use my touch-pad after login into the device its...
  10. Surface pro 4 screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...