Windows 10: Ghost copies of files on USB?

Discus and support Ghost copies of files on USB? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I fairly regularly copy files from a Mac to a Windows machine via USB stick. It's formatted to exfat And when I open the tab stick on my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aururai, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Ghost copies of files on USB?

So, I fairly regularly copy files from a Mac to a Windows machine via USB stick.

It's formatted to exfat

And when I open the tab stick on my windows machine I left over .file files left from items that have been but are no longer on the USB stick.. what are they? (They appear like hidden files and folders, greyed out)

They are 4kb or so in size according to Windows.

I do not see them on the Mac at all.

Are they just a file needed to facilitate exfat on Windows or?

There's also a hidden folder called ".spotlight-V100" but a quick Google shows that's the indexing process on a Mac?

What about the hidden tiny copies of other files?

The files can be 2-50gb, the hidden copies are still in in size, are they part of the indexing too?

submitted by /u/Aururai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aururai, Aug 10, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Ghost copies of files on USB?

creating a boot ghost usb

Hi Freddy,

Ghost is a disk cloning and backup tool. In Windows, we can easily create a bootable USB with your cloned system.

• First, prepare the WinPE which we will use to capture the customized image by following the steps on this

link
    • Boot into WinPE to capture the computer image you have customized. To do it, check out this

link
    • Then, convert WIM file into ISO.
    • Lastly, create the Bootable USB with your customized image.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Ghost copies of files on USB?

1. Ghost copies of files on USB? - Similar Threads - Ghost copies files

2. How to move files to USB and not copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move files to USB and not copy.: I have a lot of files I want to move to a USB drive to free up space, but it just copies the files instead of moves them. Doing this causes all the files to lose their original creation dates and I don't want that to happen. Does anyone know how to just move them?...
  3. How to move files to USB and not copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move files to USB and not copy.: I have a lot of files I want to move to a USB drive to free up space, but it just copies the files instead of moves them. Doing this causes all the files to lose their original creation dates and I don't want that to happen. Does anyone know how to just move them?...
  4. Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost USB driver reconnect randomly: I'm using Lenovo Legion-Y530. I have a problem with a ghost USB device in port#4_Hub#1I have 3 USB ports on my laptop. The device connects/disconnects randomly, sometimes every 20 seconds and sometimes every hour or more, and plays a sound which I plug/unplug a real USB...
  5. Really a "ghost" file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really a "ghost" file: Hello there! I was exporting a project on Adobe Premiere CS6 and the encoder crashed and let me with a "ghost" file on my desktop that can´t be removed, changed, moved or renamed. I contacted Microsoft Support and we couldn't find ANY solution to this problem, the errors keep...
  6. copying file from pc to usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying file from pc to usb: when trying to copy files from my pc to a usb drive I keep getting error 0x80004005. everything seems to be updated properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-file-from-pc-to-usb/c7cf6956-94ea-4c44-b888-b47aea2deb6d"
  7. 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?: Sorry if this isn't the appropriate sub for this. So I have a 32 GB USB that had a locked .bat folder in it that contained data worth of 20GB. One day I plug in the USB, enter the password for the .bat but it says the folder is empty. Considering that I didn't need that...
  8. Ghost file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost file: I have an application which successfully accesses a file but when I go to look at the file in Windows Explorer the file is not there. If I try to rename another file with the same name in the same folder, I'm asked if I want to create the new name with "(3)" added on. I...
  9. W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB: Hi all, looking for some help. Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used to use -pnp switch which was awesome. Need the boxes fully loaded with local apps and local user accounts retained. So far...
  10. Copy WinSXS file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy WinSXS file to usb drive: I have two desktops - exactly same specs - Windows 10 10240. One runs SFC Scannow showing no corruption and DISM with no errors. The other has corruption but SFC can't fix and Dism can't find source files. My thinking is if I can use the 1st pc's WinSXS files to run DISM,...