Windows 10: Ghost Drive giving me problems

Discus and support Ghost Drive giving me problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cgibson, Apr 2, 2019.

1. cgibson Win User

Ghost Drive giving me problems

I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives.

I connected a Seagate 3TB external drive thru a Seagate 4TB drive with hub. I was having trouble with the 3TB because of a conflect with drive letters with another drive. Got that cleared up now. I now have a drive listed "Local Disk (I)" with a capacity of 493 MB, BUT does not show in Computer Manager.
    At one point I was able to rename and change the drive letter to (M). This works when connected to a hub. The "Ghost Drive (I)" shows all the time under This PC.

How do I delete this ghost from showing?

Thanks for any help.

:)

cgibson, Apr 2, 2019

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Dhar39MA Win User
    ghosting using norton 2003 ghost

Mustard Seed Ministries of east tx. We refurb donated pc and GIVE them to 5th graders. We've used Norton ghost 2003 with 98 xp and win 7. It does not work for win 10?? Why? Any suggestions . The Ghost will not boot

Dhar39MA, Apr 2, 2019
  4. candun Win User

How do you remove a 'ghost' hard drive or the link to it?

My PC is running Windows 10, it does not have a 'Search' bar, so I went to, used Control Panel: Search?

Entered 'Troubleshooting' came up with 'Troubleshooting History' but not 'View All'?

Went to Hardware & Devices, lettered external 'ghost' hard drive was not listed amoung the external devices?

DMW

candun, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Ghost Drive giving me problems - Similar Threads - Ghost Drive giving

2. Wifi connection is giving me problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection is giving me problems: I have a problem with finding wifi connection icon. When I troubleshoot the message says there are not drivers for wifi connection. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-is-giving-me-problems/a4c5ee00-f413-4a11-b8d1-850813069ac1
  3. Wifi connection is giving me problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection is giving me problems: I have a problem with finding wifi connection icon. When I troubleshoot the message says there are not drivers for wifi connection. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-is-giving-me-problems/a4c5ee00-f413-4a11-b8d1-850813069ac1
  4. Ghost touch problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost touch problem: after updating windows 11 my laptop is affected by ghost touching. i tried to reset it to windows 10 but it gets worst. any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-touch-problem/717baaf4-b4a4-4d73-b97f-079970b9476c
  5. Anti-Ghosting problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anti-Ghosting problem: So, i play rhythm games, and sometimes i press more than 7 keys in keyboard in the same time. But i buy a new ANTI-GHOSTING keyboard, and now i just can press 3 keys in the same time. the keyboard don't have any software, there's a way to solve this?...
  6. What is this Ghost Drive?

What is this Ghost Drive?: A recent client has a mystery drive? (or folder)? Labeled : Ginger andDon (\\TOSHIBALAPTOP) (Z:) This is their system: (version 2004, build 19041.867) The Z: drive doesnt show up in Drive Manager Nor does it show up as a folder in Folder Size. Note that C: and Z: are...
  7. Ghost Drive in W10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost Drive in W10.: Hi, I use winaero tweaker to hide a "ghost" drive (E:) that popped up after formatting my USB drive. It's doesn't show in diskpart (listvolume), not in disk management, not in any 3rd party tool (minitool partition, gui format, usbdeview, devicecleanup) and not in...
  8. Ghost Drive

Ghost Drive: A wireless network and a desktopDell 3847 with Windows 10 Pro and laptopAsus with Windows 10. Network in Explorer shows my desktop and my laptop. If I click on the laptop it shows a drive f: that doesn't exist on the laptop and appears to be a clone of drive d:. If I delete a...
  9. Ghost Drive giving me problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Drive giving me problems: I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives. I connected a Seagate 3TB external drive thru a Seagate 4TB drive with hub. I was having trouble with the 3TB because of a conflect...
  10. Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup attempt gives me error message - virtual drives problem?: When I attempt to backup my computer with the windows 10 upgrade I get an error message: an internal error has occurred - the specified resource can not be found in the image file(0x80070716) Does anybody know what this means? I have virtual drives E: F: G: H: and...