Windows 10: Ghost Drive in W10.

Discus and support Ghost Drive in W10. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I use winaero tweaker to hide a "ghost" drive (E:) that popped up after formatting my USB drive. It's doesn't show in diskpart (listvolume), not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skodd, Mar 26, 2020.

1. /u/Skodd Win User

Ghost Drive in W10.

Hi, I use winaero tweaker to hide a "ghost" drive (EGhost Drive in W10. :) that popped up after formatting my USB drive.

It's doesn't show in diskpart (listvolume), not in disk management, not in any 3rd party tool (minitool partition, gui format, usbdeview, devicecleanup) and not in devmgmtmsc. I cannot unassign it and it's locked and by that I mean that I can't assign any other drive to E.

The only trace of it that I've found is in the following reg location but even if I delete the key it's still there

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices] "\DosDevices\E:"=hex:44,4d,49,4f,3a,49,44,3a,74,e3,2f,d8,bf,83,e0,41,89,21,\ 5d,af,96,85,0f,8e

Does anyone have any idea how I can reclaim my drive letter?

submitted by /u/Skodd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skodd, Mar 26, 2020

2. How is Norton Ghost for w10?

Hello All Friends:

I meet a new and old question.

When I was using wXP, GHOST was my BACKUP and RECOVERY system reliable

tool. I always to use it to backup my using system wXP and restore the previous one

while necessary for many years.

Since I started using the w10, I changed to use "System Restore Point" to backup

the using system and restore the previous if necessary.

Today on the Internet, I found there is " Norton Ghost for w10"

I am surprising to see the new using of old familar software.

Could you please tell me how is the GHOST to use in the w10? Should I continue? --Zhao

**Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Performance and maintenance / PC**

HonglinZhao, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Mar 26, 2020
  4. candun Win User

Ghost Drive in W10.

How do you remove a 'ghost' hard drive or the link to it?

My PC is running Windows 10, it does not have a 'Search' bar, so I went to, used Control Panel: Search?

Entered 'Troubleshooting' came up with 'Troubleshooting History' but not 'View All'?

Went to Hardware & Devices, lettered external 'ghost' hard drive was not listed amoung the external devices?

DMW

candun, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Ghost Drive in W10.

1. Ghost Drive in W10. - Similar Threads - Ghost Drive W10

2. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  3. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost drives showing in windows explorer: I have 2 "Removable Disk" drives showing in windows explorer that do not exist. They persist through shutdown and restarts. I have not been able to find any way to get rid of them. If I try opening them I get the following error: Location is not available F:\ is unavailable....
  4. Ghost drives showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is this Ghost Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is this Ghost Drive?: A recent client has a mystery drive? (or folder)? Labeled : Ginger andDon (\\TOSHIBALAPTOP) (Z:) This is their system: (version 2004, build 19041.867) The Z: drive doesnt show up in Drive Manager Nor does it show up as a folder in Folder Size. Note that C: and Z: are...
  6. One-drive ghost folder

One-drive ghost folder: I've had this issue with a ghost folder in my Onedrive. If I open onedrive on any of my computers that folder is not visible and cannot be accessed, but if I open the Onedrive app on my Android mobile I can see two duplicate folders: The proper one with all the files inside...
  7. One drive ghost folder

One drive ghost folder: I have this one onedrive folder from an old institutional account which i removed from my computer and it doesn't want to go away. I even uninstalled one drive but the folder is still in the explorer and when i click on it it just gives me an error saying it's not available....
  8. Ghost Drive

Ghost Drive: A wireless network and a desktopDell 3847 with Windows 10 Pro and laptopAsus with Windows 10. Network in Explorer shows my desktop and my laptop. If I click on the laptop it shows a drive f: that doesn't exist on the laptop and appears to be a clone of drive d:. If I delete a...
  9. Ghost Drive giving me problems

Ghost Drive giving me problems: I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives. I connected a Seagate 3TB external drive thru a Seagate 4TB drive with hub. I was having trouble with the 3TB because of a conflect...
  10. Ghost Drive giving me problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Drive giving me problems: I have a drive partition that shows under This PC that I call a "Ghost Drive" because it doesn't show up in Computer Manager with other drives. I connected a Seagate 3TB external drive thru a Seagate 4TB drive with hub. I was having trouble with the 3TB because of a conflect...