Windows 10: Ghost file image on screen

Discus and support Ghost file image on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, calling on site techs to help me solve a puzzle . For the last couple of weeks, when Ive had a image or video file on my screen, and deleted it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by celticscorpio, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Ghost file image on screen

Hello, calling on site techs to help me solve a puzzle . For the last couple of weeks, when Ive had a image or video file on my screen, and deleted it, ghost image of file remains . No true image , just file . When I try to delete it, a dialogue box comes up that says, file is no longer located on desktop . If I restart pc, its gone, but happens every time I delete a image or video file thats on my moniter . Hoping someone can give me a clue to these ghost images, in case its a problem .

My thanks,

Robert

:)

celticscorpio, Jun 17, 2020

2. Ghost Image on Home Screen

A long time ago I apparently added a calendar app that displayed on my home screen. After "removing" it a gray, ghost image remained that I was unable to delete. It remains
    active, displaying the date. I have not been able to identify its source in settings (including Display and Personalization) or on my Programs list. Right-clicking on it yields nothing useful. Though
    it causes no harm I'd much like to be rid of it. Any suggestions?

Ghost  file image on screen 40774b83-b589-40a6-8632-a462bcdbedbf?upload=true.jpg

DonaldCooperNC, Jun 17, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 17, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Ghost file image on screen

Wierd ghosting image

Ok this has been driving me nuts lately, I've been playing games and been seeing a sort of impression of the last image I saw. This only happens when the screen is black or dark I'l try get an image. Its also wierd because I can see the ghosting in screenshots and then if I move the mouse over it, it changes the ghosting and leaves an impression of the mouse anyone any ideas ? ?

DrPepper, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Ghost file image on screen

1. Ghost file image on screen - Similar Threads - Ghost file image

2. Ghost Screen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Screen??: So every time I open Steam, Google, or Opera the apps do not launch, however I took a screenshot and well it appears like thisI only have 1 screen so I have no clue what this is or how to fix it, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thank you...
  3. Ghost Screen??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Screen??: So every time I open Steam, Google, or Opera the apps do not launch, however I took a screenshot and well it appears like thisI only have 1 screen so I have no clue what this is or how to fix it, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thank you...
  4. Ghost screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost screens: My windows 10 PC shows a ghost display in display settings i.e. it shows two displays when there is only one. How can i remove it? I realise this is raised elsewhere but i don't understand the answer and need a more step by step, idiots guide, to fixing it. Thanks...
  5. Ghost images

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost images: After about 2 hours of use my screen retains a ghost image of any document that is then closed. Even when open and you scroll through the document an image of the text remains as the rest of the document moves thereby making working impossible. I use two screens and the...
  6. Ghost Image on many menus and screens including the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost Image on many menus and screens including the desktop: on many menus and screens including the desktop. I've tried the some of the options mentioned on the forum related to removing the drivers but there in not difference even after following those steps. Can anyone help me out with this. [ATTACH]...
  7. Ghost Image on Home Screen

Ghost Image on Home Screen: A long time ago I apparently added a calendar app that displayed on my home screen. After "removing" it a gray, ghost image remained that I was unable to delete. It remains active, displaying the date. I have not been able to identify its source in settings including...
  8. Ghost imaging

Ghost imaging: the subsystem needed to support the image type is not present https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/ghost-imaging/bd92ec32-e15d-402e-a778-413bd75f2858
  9. File Explorer: Disable dragged-file's ghostly icon image

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Disable dragged-file's ghostly icon image: Anytime I drag a file(s) in a folder window, a translucent, oversized icon follows the mouse pointer, partially obscuring up to 4 nearby items. Can this effect be disabled? I'm sure somebody at MS thought it was slick idea, but it just gives me a headache. I haven't found...
  10. Laptop screen pink and ghosting images

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen pink and ghosting images: I left my ASUS 2 in 1 laptop on overnight by accident when I went to bed. Battery ran out, etc. Once in a while I'd let it run out, so it's not too unusual. When I turned on my laptop this morning, however,, my ASUS logo was all pink/purple. When it went to the float...