Windows 10: 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

Discus and support 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this isn't the appropriate sub for this. So I have a 32 GB USB that had a locked .bat folder in it that contained data worth of 20GB. One day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hellosandwich_, Dec 22, 2019.

1. 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate sub for this.

So I have a 32 GB USB that had a locked .bat folder in it that contained data worth of 20GB. One day I plug in the USB, enter the password for the .bat but it says the folder is empty.

Considering that I didn't need that folder anyway, I just hit right click +delete both on the empty folder and the .bat however it still shows that there is 20 GB worth of data.

I tried the 'wipe out data from disk" option but it didn't work.

Anything else I can try?

submitted by /u/hellosandwich_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hellosandwich_, Dec 22, 2019
  2. v2panchal Win User

free 20 gb SkyDrive space

I have recently purchased lumia 525 in India. But i have not received extra 20 gb cloud space.

v2panchal, Dec 22, 2019
  3. creating a boot ghost usb

Hi Freddy,

Ghost is a disk cloning and backup tool. In Windows, we can easily create a bootable USB with your cloned system.

• First, prepare the WinPE which we will use to capture the customized image by following the steps on this

link
    • Boot into WinPE to capture the computer image you have customized. To do it, check out this

link
    • Then, convert WIM file into ISO.
    • Lastly, create the Bootable USB with your customized image.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Dec 22, 2019
  4. 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

ghost files taking up 90% of my storage

ive been having issues with 3 ghost files taking up almost all of my storage space on my pc and ive tried everything i possibly can but i can't get rid of them, the files were things i deleted completely but these files wont uninstall

lockewampler, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

1. 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space? - Similar Threads - 'Ghost' file USB

2. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  3. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space: So I've been having this issue where my windows system and reserved space is taking up way over 100+ GB of storage on my PC which is far from normal. I've tried a few things already and gotten nowhere. I even tried using the index options method and performed a restart along...
  4. System & Reserved taking up 100+ GB of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  6. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  7. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. 20 GB of space being taken up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20 GB of space being taken up for no reason.: After updating my System Firmware drivers, about 20 GB of space was taken up under Apps and Features for no apparent reason. I have not installed any new apps since updating the drivers, so I have no idea how such a large amount of space was suddenly used up....
  9. JPEG files that seem to take up 14.8 gb space and cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPEG files that seem to take up 14.8 gb space and cannot be opened: Hi guys I made the mistake to cut / paste a bunch of pictures from my Galaxy 8 onto my laptop. Now all the pictures in jpeg format seem to be corrupted or something. No viewer can open them. Windows say they take up 14.8 gb of space each. And they drained all harddrive space...
  10. 20 GB of space missing on SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20 GB of space missing on SSD: [ATTACH] Cannot clean what I can't find. Can you help? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20-gb-of-space-missing-on-ssd/52f4089c-7988-4c05-a25c-f7cc603350a9