Windows 10: Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen

Discus and support Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a zipped folder name thats just on my screen, even if i open a window it shows over it. I don’t know how to get rid of it, and it’s extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evanyarrington, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen

There is a zipped folder name thats just on my screen, even if i open a window it shows over it. I don’t know how to get rid of it, and it’s extremely annoying. Here's a picture: https://imgur.com/a/l8aQnGD

:)

evanyarrington, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Ghost router

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for the reply.

Please confirm if it is the ghost driver that you are seeing in the device manager after removing it. If so, I would suggest you to right click on the ghost driver and disable it. Go to Devices & Printers and check if the ghost router is showing up.

If it is still showing, please uninstall it.

Restart the system once to make the changes effective, and check if the ghost router still shows up.

If the issue persists, take a screen shot and reply back.

Refer this
    article
    on Open Snipping Tool and take a screenshot.

Please reply back with the required information.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen

ghost file on desktop

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue. I would like to assist you further.

If you are unable to remove the file using Explorer, I suggest you to try delete the file using the command prompt. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Now browse to the folder where the file is located. You can go to the root of the drive by typing in cd /, followed by
      cd foldername to navigate into directories. Once you are there, type in
      dir to get a listing of all the files.
    • To delete a fie type del “filename”

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen

1. Ghost file showing up on my Windows 10 screen - Similar Threads - Ghost file showing

2. Ghost Screen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Screen??: So every time I open Steam, Google, or Opera the apps do not launch, however I took a screenshot and well it appears like thisI only have 1 screen so I have no clue what this is or how to fix it, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thank you...
  3. Ghost Screen??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Screen??: So every time I open Steam, Google, or Opera the apps do not launch, however I took a screenshot and well it appears like thisI only have 1 screen so I have no clue what this is or how to fix it, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thank you...
  4. Ghost screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost screens: My windows 10 PC shows a ghost display in display settings i.e. it shows two displays when there is only one. How can i remove it? I realise this is raised elsewhere but i don't understand the answer and need a more step by step, idiots guide, to fixing it. Thanks...
  5. Ghost screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost screens: My windows 10 PC shows a ghost display in display settings i.e. it shows two displays when there is only one. How can i remove it? I realise this is raised elsewhere but i don't understand the answer and need a more step by step, idiots guide, to fixing it. Thanks...
  6. Ghost accounts showing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ghost accounts showing...: I have my Windows 10 desktop using a Microsoft account. A few days back I changed my Microsoft password, as I hadn't done it in a while, and after I did so I then used "netplwiz" to input the new password so that I could log onto Windows 10 automatically. After...
  7. Ghost file image on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost file image on screen: Hello, calling on site techs to help me solve a puzzle . For the last couple of weeks, when Ive had a image or video file on my screen, and deleted it, ghost image of file remains . No true image , just file . When I try to delete it, a dialogue box comes up that says, file...
  8. "Ghost"Files Hold Up Windows 10 Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Ghost"Files Hold Up Windows 10 Backup: In executing a Windows Backup overnight, the results showed three files that were skipped (I gather from reading the "details" because they could not be located, and after a set time, the Backup moved on). The thing is, I cannot locate these files either -- they don't seem...
  9. ghost files taking up 90% of my storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ghost files taking up 90% of my storage: ive been having issues with 3 ghost files taking up almost all of my storage space on my pc and ive tried everything i possibly can but i can't get rid of them, the files were things i deleted completely but these files wont uninstall...
  10. "Ghost" screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Ghost" screens: From time to time matter what I'm using, email, office products, web, etc. my screen will suddenly "ghost" out and the only way I can retrieve that screen is to go to Task Bar and (after 20X of ctrl+alt+delete) it will allow Task Bar to appear and end that task or bring...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ghost file windows 10