Windows 10: ghost files taking up 90% of my storage

Discus and support ghost files taking up 90% of my storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ive been having issues with 3 ghost files taking up almost all of my storage space on my pc and ive tried everything i possibly can but i can't get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lockewampler, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ghost files taking up 90% of my storage

ive been having issues with 3 ghost files taking up almost all of my storage space on my pc and ive tried everything i possibly can but i can't get rid of them, the files were things i deleted completely but these files wont uninstall

:)

lockewampler, Aug 29, 2019

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Aug 29, 2019
  3. ghost file on desktop

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue. I would like to assist you further.

If you are unable to remove the file using Explorer, I suggest you to try delete the file using the command prompt. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Now browse to the folder where the file is located. You can go to the root of the drive by typing in cd /, followed by
      cd foldername to navigate into directories. Once you are there, type in
      dir to get a listing of all the files.
    • To delete a fie type del “filename”

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 29, 2019
  4. ghost files taking up 90% of my storage

Mass Storage USB Device ghosted

As you've mentioned, the issue still persists even after performing some of the troubleshooting steps being suggested. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a screenshot of the
    HardwareID information, DiskManagement, and the
    FileExplorer.

To get the Hardware ID, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start Menu and select
      Device
      Manager.
    • Right-click on the name of the device and select Properties.
    • Under Details tab, click the drop-down button on Property and select
      Hardware Ids.

For the Disk Management, type diskmgmt.msc in the
    Search bar and press Enter. Do the same thing with
    File Explorer. Once the File Explorer is opened, click
    This PC and take a screenshot of what's available.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

ghost files taking up 90% of my storage

1. ghost files taking up 90% of my storage - Similar Threads - ghost files taking

2. Non excistent file taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non excistent file taking up storage?: Im having an issue with an app that I can neither locate nor uninstall. I have tried using multiple utilities, deleting Im everything related, and showing hidden files. If this means anything, the app is trying to uninstall Escape from Tarkov, I installed it from the...
  3. Non excistent file taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non excistent file taking up storage?: Im having an issue with an app that I can neither locate nor uninstall. I have tried using multiple utilities, deleting Im everything related, and showing hidden files. If this means anything, the app is trying to uninstall Escape from Tarkov, I installed it from the...
  4. What is this? It is taking up like 90% of my computer space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this? It is taking up like 90% of my computer space...: So you see, this is taking up my computer space like 166GB. Can I delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-it-is-taking-up-like-90-of-my/aef02168-c165-4b28-b272-5281207716f8
  5. What is this? It is taking up like 90% of my computer space...

What is this? It is taking up like 90% of my computer space...: So you see, this is taking up my computer space like 166GB. Can I delete this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-it-is-taking-up-like-90-of-my/aef02168-c165-4b28-b272-5281207716f8
  6. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  7. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  8. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. 'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Ghost' file on a USB taking up 20 GB of space?: Sorry if this isn't the appropriate sub for this. So I have a 32 GB USB that had a locked .bat folder in it that contained data worth of 20GB. One day I plug in the USB, enter the password for the .bat but it says the folder is empty. Considering that I didn't need that...
  10. 'Other' files taking up storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Other' files taking up storage space: Alright, so I have a Windows 10 laptop with 29.1 gigabytes on the C drive. Now, sometimes when I go to settings, system, storage, and see how much space's taken up by the system files, sometimes it'll say about 17 GB while other times it'll say 19 GB. Because the system files...