Windows 10: 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

Discus and support 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just removed an old hard drive which had my iCloud folder. It left behind the directory to iCloud with no way of deleting it; here is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterSalnikov, Dec 27, 2020.

1. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

Hello,

I just removed an old hard drive which had my iCloud folder. It left behind the directory to iCloud with no way of deleting it; here is what it looks like:

'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive f150cd64-0915-43dc-b7ca-8047332dc4e1?upload=true.jpg

How can I get rid of this? It looks bad and any Windows action I try can't detect it as the drive is no longer in the computer. Thanks.

Peter

:)

PeterSalnikov, Dec 27, 2020
  2. DawnFA Win User

How to remove ghost system folder

Thank you for pointing me to another forum. I tried all the suggestions listed on the page your link took me to, but none of them worked for me. I have posted what I did which resulted in the ghost folder, so hopefully someone will come up with a solution
    for me. I'll let you know. Thanks again for taking the time to post the link.

DawnFA, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Novgorod Win User
    Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Dec 27, 2020
  4. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

Removing Ghost Printer

I have exactly the same problem. I think it is just the entry in the list box that is the ghost item. But how to remove it?

Willem.deboer, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

1. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive - Similar Threads - 'Ghost Folder' Removing

2. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  3. ghost monitor removal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ghost monitor removal: I only have one monitor but display settings say i have two and that im using number 2, device manager reports it as generic non-pnp monitor, i can disable it or uninstall it from device settings but i still have the ghost monitor. If i uninstall it it just comes back after...
  4. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\mojo1\Downloads to a backup drive E:\ because it was taking up to much room, now i have removed E:\ drive and moved the downloads folder to another drive which works fine, but in the left hand window in file explorer under "This PC"...
  5. One-drive ghost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One-drive ghost folder: I've had this issue with a ghost folder in my Onedrive. If I open onedrive on any of my computers that folder is not visible and cannot be accessed, but if I open the Onedrive app on my Android mobile I can see two duplicate folders: The proper one with all the files inside...
  6. Removing an old user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing an old user folder: Hi all, I had to re-install Windows 10 & it created a username folder "roysq" My old one was "roysquires" I have managed to create a new one, but cannot delete the old one "roysqu." If I delete the folder it just returns. I have tried Regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINNE >...
  7. One drive ghost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive ghost folder: I have this one onedrive folder from an old institutional account which i removed from my computer and it doesn't want to go away. I even uninstalled one drive but the folder is still in the explorer and when i click on it it just gives me an error saying it's not available....
  8. Ghost Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost Drive: A wireless network and a desktopDell 3847 with Windows 10 Pro and laptopAsus with Windows 10. Network in Explorer shows my desktop and my laptop. If I click on the laptop it shows a drive f: that doesn't exist on the laptop and appears to be a clone of drive d:. If I delete a...
  9. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: Hello everyone. Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained that problem in a graphic and attached to this post. Thank you. 51151
  10. How to remove 'ghost' folder from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'ghost' folder from desktop: Hi, i just got a folder looking icon on my desktop and i cant delete it . A screenshot snap is on drop box link below. It cant be archived or move to recycle bin or other folder, but can only be pin to Quick Access in explorer. Tried to delete from cmd prompt but not...