Windows 10: Ghost frame on desktop. help!

Discus and support Ghost frame on desktop. help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hello, on my windows 10 I got this weird ghost frame on my desktop. if I click Win + D. it disappears. but if I open any pregame. it comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by superbdave, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ghost frame on desktop. help!

Ghost frame on desktop. help! [​IMG]

Hello, on my windows 10 I got this weird ghost frame on my desktop. if I click Win + D. it disappears. but if I open any pregame. it comes back.

anyone knows what that is?

:)

superbdave, Aug 16, 2015

2. Can not delete file on windows 10.

It is a ghost file. If you refresh the desktop (usually F5) it will disappear.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 16, 2015
  3. drakos46 Win User
    Can not delete file on windows 10.

Does not work! Already tried!

drakos46, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Ghost frame on desktop. help!

Looks like a gfx driver issue, check your settings could be to do with the quality options.

5. Edwin New Member
    By your screenshot it looks as if Recycle Bin may be frozen in the background.
    Right click your desktop and choose 'Refresh' and/or open Task Manager and right click on 'Windows Explorer' and choose 'Restart'.

Edwin, Aug 16, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Check your startup programs, you got iTunes loading at startup? That ghost frame looks about the right size. Cos I get that too, but it vanishes once iTunes is loaded and it minimizes.

You have most of your notification icons hidden, so I can't see if iTunes is running. Could be another program too, check your list of startup items. I have a thing called GEforce Experience that might cause that too, the frame always goes away once the program is loaded.

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  7. thanks no i actually dont have itune installed.

superbdave, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Ghost frame on desktop. help!

its still there after I restarted the laptop

superbdave, Aug 16, 2015
  9. XweAponX Win User
    Ah, ok, then check if you have other start-up entries. It could be anything, Skype, etc.

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    Is that Skype? It looks like the peek feature, where if hover over the icon of an open program on the taskbar and hover over one of the windows, the rest will become transparent.
    Ghost frame on desktop. help! [​IMG]

11. XweAponX Win User
    It's some startup item that normally does not have a visible window, but it's trying to show one anyway. Hm. Where's Coke Robot?

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  12. satchmo Win User
    When you checked the Task Manager, do you have any suspicious processes running?

If you can, please post a screenshot of your Task Manager's processes window.

satchmo, Aug 16, 2015
  13. Faskil Win User

I have the exact same problem and I'm suspecting this has to do with a 3rd party program. It might help me to know what software you're running on a regular basis with Windows.

My list of "always running" software :

Dropbox
    Owncloud
    DisplayFusion
    Slack
    Greenshot
    GlassWire
    Crashplan
    Antidote
    f.lux

Faskil, Oct 7, 2015
  14. Amythyr Win User
    • Use Windows Key +R to open Run and type msconfig
    • Click on services tab
    • Tick Hide all microsoft services
    • Disable everything
    • Now go to task manager
    • Open Startup tab
    • Disable everything
    • Restart your pc and check if it is still occuring
    • If it is not occuring then enable the things you disabled one by one

Amythyr, Oct 7, 2015
  15. Faskil Win User
    It happens randomly and sometimes not for a very long time. So unfortunately this method will not be helpful to identify the culprit.

Faskil, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Ghost frame on desktop. help! - Similar Threads - Ghost frame desktop

2. Ghost of a shortcut on desktop, undeleteable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost of a shortcut on desktop, undeleteable?: It's a .url file titled 2z0IupRlVRlDN5r2IVqHyN. Trying to delete it the normal way brings back a pop up labeled "Item Not Found" saying "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\David\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." 04/07/2021...
  3. Ghost monitor problem second desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost monitor problem second desktop: One day, I smashed my keyboard and some command triggered my whole screen to move right and another desktop showed up, without my open softwares on the taskbar. I could get it back to the "first screen" by opening Discrod on the miniature icons on the far right of the...
  4. The Ghost desktop after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Ghost desktop after update: (context) Hello, I have a problem. I updated my computer before going to bed on the 25 of march the next day I turned on my computer and the desktop was empty except for the web browsers. When I was looking for my desktop files and went to the file location it sent me to a...
  5. Ghost icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in this video, i need to refresh manually my desktop to take them out. https://imgur.com/a/6S435WT...
  6. Ghost icons on desktop

Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in the video, i need to refresh my desktop to take them out. I tried to change my SSD but it didn't worked. I'm so lost, if you guys can...
  7. Help! Frame on buttons.

Help! Frame on buttons.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YuriRS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyqng7/help_frame_on_buttons/
  8. Help me! Ghost system!

Help me! Ghost system!: Guys, I have a huge doubt. I left the lid of my notebook (Lenovo Ideapad touch screen) open, but over time the lock screen was activated and automatically went into standby, but a few hours later it turned on by itself, without my touching it. Not to mention that there was...
  9. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...
  10. How to remove a "frame" on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove a "frame" on my desktop: Recently I have seen that my laptop desktop seems to have a "frame" on it. I have marked the frame on the attached screenshot. I can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas (1) how it happened, and (2) how to get rid of it permanently? It has no effect (except for my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ghost frame on desktop windows 10