Windows 10: Ghost icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Ghost icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi After the latest win 10 preview update, I have a ghost icon left from a MUI app in the start menu. App isn't installed, clicking does nothing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Compusmurf, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ghost icon in Windows 10

Hi

After the latest win 10 preview update, I have a ghost icon left from a MUI app in the start menu. App isn't installed, clicking does nothing.

It's just there with the @{xxxxxxx} crap, and it's actually annoying me.

I looked in the start menu folders area but Modern apps aren't showing there, so I presume it's in the registry someplace.

Suggestions on how to remove my ghost?

:)

Compusmurf, Jun 29, 2015
  2. P.Jay Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu broken

My Start Menu (Windows 10 Prof. Anniversary Edition) is badly broken. It appears to work as normal until I try to arrange icons by dragging one at which point the whole Start Menu ghosts and the icon vanishes; the Start Menu remains ghosted until I pin or
    unpin another app.

Whilst ghosted I can click on an icon to launch it and pin/unpin it and I can still scroll; the left hand side of the menu (showing all files) remains fully functional; I simply cannot arrange the icons. Occasionally when trying to drag and icon it'll move
    slightly but show a red, crossed circle in the bottom right corner (the Start Menu then seems to crash).

I've tried every fix I can find on the internet, including an in place repair install of Windows, with no change; the broken Start Menu persists in new user accounts and in tablet mode.

I'm getting desperate; can anyone suggest a solution?

P.Jay, Jun 29, 2015
  3. julie_152 Win User
    I have lost the battery icon from the notification bar.This has happened since installing windows 10, can anybody help?

I have lost the battery icon from the notification bar, this has happened since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have tried to turn on the "power" icon notification but the "on/off" switch is ghosted and cannot be changed from "off"

Can anybody advise?

Julie Emery

julie_152, Jun 29, 2015
  4. Ghost icon in Windows 10

I had one that said @{winstore... something. I just right clicked it and selected uninstall. Gone now.

alphanumeric, Jul 4, 2015
  5. Yup, 10162 has that, 158,159 didn't. Guess they do read feedback. *Wink

Compusmurf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ghost icon in Windows 10

1. Ghost icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ghost icon

2. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  3. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  4. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  5. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  6. I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it: Running Win10 Pro ver 22H2 Build 19045.3803 on my laptop connected to two monitors via a dock. Had this issue for a little while now, and while it doesn't hurt anything, it would be nice to clear it.I have a ghost Recycle Bin icon on my left primary monitor, and the real...
  7. I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it: Running Win10 Pro ver 22H2 Build 19045.3803 on my laptop connected to two monitors via a dock. Had this issue for a little while now, and while it doesn't hurt anything, it would be nice to clear it.I have a ghost Recycle Bin icon on my left primary monitor, and the real...
  8. I have a ghost trash can icon on my desktop and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it

9. How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?: After cancelling some of active processes in task bar show hidden icons panel remains ghost icon of cancelled process. After mouseover the icon disappears. How to erase these ghost icons programmatically to fake mouseover?In this example ghost icons are yellow bulbs....
  10. How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?

How to erase ghost icons in task bar show hidden icons panel?: After cancelling some of active processes in task bar show hidden icons panel remains ghost icon of cancelled process. After mouseover the icon disappears. How to erase these ghost icons programmatically to fake mouseover?In this example ghost icons are yellow bulbs....