Windows 10: Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear

Discus and support Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] This keeps flickering periodically on my screen and I cannot for the love of everything find anything about why or how to fix it. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skyler12, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Skyler12 Win User

Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear

Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear [​IMG]

This keeps flickering periodically on my screen and I cannot for the love of everything find anything about why or how to fix it.

It is essentially a picture or clone of part of my desktop icons.

I checked for updates.

Windows version 1909

:)

Skyler12, Nov 23, 2020
  2. 74yyuio Win User

Ghost icons appearing on desktop

Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are difficult to read. Some titles are routine ones, but others unknown. Also two of them have a pirate and bones and are called crossbones (which I have never seen before. I have run Malwarebytes threat scan with no results, and I ran Norton Security Suite complete computer scan overnight. Norton found several pages of unwelcome items which were removed, but on rebooting, the ghosts were still there. There is no reaction when clicking in these icons, they are not movable, but when clicked on and cursor moved, lines are dragged as in a capture program, but they disappear when the mouse is stopped. Has anybody had an experience like this, and if so, how was it handled? Any help will be appreciated. If this is an unknown, I will next try a system restore. Thanks.

74yyuio, Nov 23, 2020
  3. I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear

Split Second

I wouldn't doubt it's good, I think this game will be on my list of games to get for the new PC later this year.

Games for new machine
    Split Second
    Street Fighter 4 (Super if it ever comes to PC)
    HAWX (Demo was playable on my current machine)
    BattleField Bad Company 2
    COD WAW
    More to come...

New Machine Recommendations

eidairaman1, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear

1. Ghost icons appear for split second then disappear - Similar Threads - Ghost icons appear

2. Nameless and iconless process appeared for a split second in Task manager and disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nameless and iconless process appeared for a split second in Task manager and disappeared: As the title says , It literally appeared for a split second and i didn't have the time to check it's location or anything.It happened as i was opening up Malwarebytes for the first time in 2 years , If that might have anything to do with it.I think this was just a legit new...
  3. Nameless and iconless process appeared for a split second in Task manager and disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nameless and iconless process appeared for a split second in Task manager and disappeared: As the title says , It literally appeared for a split second and i didn't have the time to check it's location or anything.It happened as i was opening up Malwarebytes for the first time in 2 years , If that might have anything to do with it.I think this was just a legit new...
  4. Nameless and iconless process appeared for a split second in Task manager and disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...: This issue is happening very frequently, even if I am not playing games. And they just appear and disappear, so I can't take screenshots too. And there is no pattern of it appearing. Please help....
  6. Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...

Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...: This issue is happening very frequently, even if I am not playing games. And they just appear and disappear, so I can't take screenshots too. And there is no pattern of it appearing. Please help....
  7. Random "Battery is running low" message appearing for a split-second then disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random "Battery is running low" message appearing for a split-second then disappearing: Hi all,I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and am running Windows 11. I use this as a school laptop. Every now and then only started occurring recently, a generic Windows "Battery is running low" message appears for a split second, the usual sound plays and then the message...
  8. Random "Battery is running low" message appearing for a split-second then disappearing

Random "Battery is running low" message appearing for a split-second then disappearing: Hi all,I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 and am running Windows 11. I use this as a school laptop. Every now and then only started occurring recently, a generic Windows "Battery is running low" message appears for a split second, the usual sound plays and then the message...
  9. Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically: Please check the attached image where a command prompt window appears for a split second and then disappears. This happens repeatedly, and there is no file by the name 'tuhijra' in the location shown in the image. Anyone facing similar issues?...
  10. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...